Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:45 PM   #1
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

well, that worked....

had an amazing off season - signed Arenado and Correra to absurdly huge contracts. got JD Martinez on a salary dump and now have the #1 farm system in year 4 of my Giants rebuild from the ashes and 3 tough last place seasons.

first inning of first game with this team - your standard 10 run 10 hit opening inning of the season. in 9 years when I am paying a long washed up pair 80M combined it may not be so fun. but this, this is pretty fun
Attached Images

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

especially because the real world Giants are going to take 2 weeks to score 10 runs all together.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Old 03-29-2019, 09:07 PM   #3
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

Ah, a fellow Giants fan, doing better than I am with the rebuild

If you'd like a new set of sounds with "Let's go Giants" chant and foghorn for HRs, send me a pm.
Harry Hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:05 AM   #4
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants44 View Post
especially because the real world Giants are going to take 2 weeks to score 10 runs all together.
you had to remind us .....
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 07:18 PM   #5
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
had an amazing off season - signed Arenado and Correra to absurdly huge contracts. got JD Martinez on a salary dump and now have the #1 farm system in year 4 of my Giants rebuild from the ashes and 3 tough last place seasons.

first inning of first game with this team - your standard 10 run 10 hit opening inning of the season. in 9 years when I am paying a long washed up pair 80M combined it may not be so fun. but this, this is pretty fun

That’s a heck of a monitor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2019, 08:32 PM   #6
ohms_law
Minors (Triple A)

low key humblebrag about the monitor. lol
Old 03-30-2019, 09:23 PM   #7
DMan77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

When you say "absurdly huge" what are we talking?

I'm getting into those years myself and seeing guys signing 45-55 million per year contracts... Just wondering if you're seeing the same?!
DMan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:28 AM   #8
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

I did that with the Giants in ‘19. Tops them over in challenge mode and traded everyone. Got the best farm and since they had so much money I traded for trout, signed machado(who has had a TERRIBLE 2019 in relation to his previous seasons. Only 2.0 WAR midway through September) and signed two big IFA(one who I have since traded) and we are I. First by 2 games with 12 left.
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:49 AM   #9
redranger
All Star Reserve

What type monitor and size is that? What res are you running? Looks nice!

redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:57 PM   #10
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:

Willie McCovey was my hero (along with Mays) growing up in the 60's and 70's. I loved big stretch and when I lived in Atlanta (1967-1969) I attended many Giants games cheering for the M&M&M boys (Mays, McCovey and Marichal). Since moving to Seattle (1976) I have now become a Mariners fan as well (no matter how hard I tried not to, lol). So I am tackling their rebuild first.

I miss that amazing run from 2010-2014...I mean I waited 54 years for that first Series win! Will I ever see the Mariners even get into a Series? How many years did my fellow SF Giants fans wait for that Series win over the Rangers in 2010?

Last edited by Mariner and Giants Fan; 03-31-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Mariner and Giants Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:10 AM   #11
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger View Post
What type monitor and size is that? What res are you running? Looks nice!

yeah dual side by side 32" Curved ViewSonics running 2560x1440 perfect for large spreadsheets and OOTP!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

these monitors are gorgeous and "relatively" cheap

not an intentional humble brag, I am just old, worked a long time and now have money to buy the things that matter. Stare at a computer screen for 12 hours a day, pretty good idea to have high quality monitor. Especially considering this is what my first monitor looked like and I am not even exaggerating, it was this exact model. I even upgraded it with a 10 Meg Hard Drive!
Attached Images

-Martin Luther King

-Einstein

-Muhammad Ali

-Toby Harrah
Old 04-01-2019, 01:17 AM   #12
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan77 View Post
When you say "absurdly huge" what are we talking?

I'm getting into those years myself and seeing guys signing 45-55 million per year contracts... Just wondering if you're seeing the same?!
what is funny is the money got even crazier a couple weeks into the season. when I had the opportunity to Trade for Yelich and really unloaded the bank to re-sign him

Arenado is 8 years/300M - 37.5 avg per
Correa 8 years \ 294.5M - 36.8 avg per
Yelich 8 years \ 352.5M - 44 avg per
Attached Images

-Martin Luther King

-Einstein

-Muhammad Ali

-Toby Harrah
Old 04-01-2019, 01:23 AM   #13
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner and Giants Fan View Post
Willie McCovey was my hero (along with Mays) growing up in the 60's and 70's. I loved big stretch and when I lived in Atlanta (1967-1969) I attended many Giants games cheering for the M&M&M boys (Mays, McCovey and Marichal). Since moving to Seattle (1976) I have now become a Mariners fan as well (no matter how hard I tried not to, lol). So I am tackling their rebuild first.

I miss that amazing run from 2010-2014...I mean I waited 54 years for that first Series win! Will I ever see the Mariners even get into a Series? How many years did my fellow SF Giants fans wait for that Series win over the Rangers in 2010?
My first Giants game was in 1972 and yes 2010 was a LONG time coming. made it so sweet.

I have always enjoyed the Mariners too (especially in the better world series and all star only AL\NL era) I use to have to travel to Seattle for work a ton and had the great pleasure of seeing the up and coming Junior, ARod and Big Unit Mariners in the old Kingdome and Griffey hit a walk off. Most exciting "not my team" sporting event i have been to. Later got to see both open roof and closed roof games at Safeco. Seattle is an awesome baseball city. finally got to see Ichiro inside the park HR in Pac Bell all-star game in SF. Ichiro was an absolute joy to watch play

-Martin Luther King

-Einstein

-Muhammad Ali

-Toby Harrah