Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #1
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

3d runners give away outcomes

back in the early, early days of PC Baseball (like 1985) I had a game that ran off 5 1/4 disk and when you got a hit the PC would access the disk and it was loud and long and ultimately killed the immersion in the game because you couldn't help but know - disk=hit and no disk=out.

OOTP is an infinitely better game but it is suffering a bit from a similar issue. when a ball is hit to the OF and you are not sure if it is going to be caught or fall for hit or get out of park for HR. the runners (with less then 2 outs) give it away.

a real world runner goes half way and watches the ball and then reacts and either goes forward or back. good runners can tell when the ball is going to be caught and go back early to tag.

OOTP runners go all the way when a hit is going to be down for hit or out of the park and they dont go when it is going to be an out.

Not a big deal but it completely spoils the awesome real world suspense of a well hit ball to the OF and that brief tension before knowing what is going to happen.

I am amazed by how impressive the OOTP 3D engine has become. the quality is beyond my wildest dreams. Would love to see this small detail get polished and truly take it from great to super duper great.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 03:54 PM   #2
damonrusst
Major Leagues

That's funny, I remember that from Micro League baseball as well. Never really bothered me though.

I'm assuming by OOTP 30, we'll have MLB the show-like graphics with the same managerial depth. We'll probably not even have to use the keyboard, we'll just talk to the screen like we're talking to the players.
damonrusst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:08 PM   #3
GPBBall
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonrusst View Post
That's funny, I remember that from Micro League baseball as well. Never really bothered me though.

I'm assuming by OOTP 30, we'll have MLB the show-like graphics with the same managerial depth. We'll probably not even have to use the keyboard, we'll just talk to the screen like we're talking to the players.
Not even 30 maybe 25. That would be crazy!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
GPBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:42 PM   #4
pgjocki
All Star Starter

It has happens if you do a hit and run with 2 outs. If it isn't going to be a hit the runner doesn't even move.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2018, 02:56 PM   #5
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonrusst View Post

even further that that. it was all text in green screen DOS days. It was either pursue the pennant or major league manager or maybe even radio baseball

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Old 10-31-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

actually what bugs me the most is throwing errors. The runners just stop and watch the throw until the catcher drops it. It's really weird, especially when I manually sent the runner.
Cactusguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We'll improve this for OOTP 20
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #8
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We'll improve this for OOTP 20
most responsive to user feedback developer of any software I have ever used.

there is a reason you can mark me down right now as preorder of 20,21,22,23.....

-Martin Luther King

-Einstein

-Muhammad Ali

-Toby Harrah