Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
croatian
All Star Starter

FHM 5 news ?

It is end of August and NHL starts in just little over month, so when we can expect first FHM 5 news ?
Old 08-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Sometime next month. We're not quite ready to start talking features yet.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #3
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

What is going to happen with FHM4 after the release of the new game?
Old 08-27-2018, 02:49 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikgianino View Post
What is going to happen with FHM4 after the release of the new game?
I'm not really sure what you're asking?

Right now, our entire focus is on the development of 5. We're quite happy with the progress made with 4 and the games final build is stable. We'll continue to support the game if people have issues, but unless there's something that is found that is game breaking, it's unlikely there will be another update to the game.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #5
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
I'm not really sure what you're asking?

Right now, our entire focus is on the development of 5. We're quite happy with the progress made with 4 and the games final build is stable. We'll continue to support the game if people have issues, but unless there's something that is found that is game breaking, it's unlikely there will be another update to the game.
I'm new to FHM in general, sorry is my first time playing this game and a new one is about to be released so I don't know what happened with older versions FHM3 and so on.

I meant if, I will be able to play to FHM4 anyway?
Will be any other update to the game once the new one is released?
Old 08-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikgianino View Post
I'm new to FHM in general, sorry is my first time playing this game and a new one is about to be released so I don't know what happened with older versions FHM3 and so on.

I meant if, I will be able to play to FHM4 anyway?
Will be any other update to the game once the new one is released?
All previous versions are still playable but they are all very unlikely to receive further updates.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:12 AM   #7
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
All previous versions are still playable but they are all very unlikely to receive further updates.
Thank you Adam.
Sorry for being so annoying
Old 09-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #8
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
Sometime next month. We're not quite ready to start talking features yet.

ok, thanks

will this configuration be enough to play FHM 5 ?

Intel Core i5-8500 up to 4.10GHz, 16GB DDR4, 240GB SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 630,
Old 09-04-2018, 05:34 PM   #9
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
ok, thanks

my answer wont be as concrete as the producers but that should be more then enough for FHM maybe a better graphics card to load the player facegen.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:14 AM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
ok, thanks

If it has the minimum screen size you are more than good to go.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:29 PM   #11
sloanzone
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Historical minors/commissioner mode for all teams

Any chance the new FHM will have historical minors/commissioner mode for all teams/ability to move all players around like in OOTP?
Old 09-11-2018, 01:26 AM   #12
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanzone View Post
Any chance the new FHM will have historical minors/commissioner mode for all teams/ability to move all players around like in OOTP?
Historical Minors no. There's too many players that need to be added and a ton of scheduling that needs to be researched and added before that comes.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:19 AM   #13
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Training Camps are open, exhibition games are underway in China (WHY?), puck drops in 17 days, Karlsson gets traded, but no news on FHM5.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:28 PM   #14
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
Training Camps are open, exhibition games are underway in China (WHY?), puck drops in 17 days, Karlsson gets traded, but no news on FHM5.
It's coming soon. Everything we show has to be approved by the NHL, and that's one of the things we're waiting on right now.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:31 PM   #15
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Quote:
It's coming soon. Everything we show has to be approved by the NHL, and that's one of the things we're waiting on right now.
Have u been given audience with his Holiness Gary Bettman

Old 09-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #16
julius
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
The NHL license is more trouble/cost than it is worth. Given that we can edit players/teams/logos and there are plenty of downloads available for all of them, I don't see the point. The need to reflect NHL politics in the game and the restrictions that the license imposes on you (e.g. the delay and effort necessary to get NHL 'approval') are unnecessary burdens for you to bear. The player gets a delayed game (FHM5 should be available each September) and undoubtedly pays more for each annual version to cover the NHL license costs. So far as I am concerned, walk away from the license, save us the time and cost and you folks get the freedom you need/want.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:58 AM   #17
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
The NHL license is more trouble/cost than it is worth. Given that we can edit players/teams/logos and there are plenty of downloads available for all of them, I don't see the point. The need to reflect NHL politics in the game and the restrictions that the license imposes on you (e.g. the delay and effort necessary to get NHL 'approval') are unnecessary burdens for you to bear. The player gets a delayed game (FHM5 should be available each September) and undoubtedly pays more for each annual version to cover the NHL license costs. So far as I am concerned, walk away from the license, save us the time and cost and you folks get the freedom you need/want.

Hopefully FHM gets more licensed leagues. Option to create better game, more and in-depth modes with license is so much wider.

Begining of october for release date is just fine, after all it's when NHL season starts...

Last edited by croatian; 09-17-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:15 AM   #18
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
Do you have a lot of experience dealing with the NHL to make that statement? I'm curious. While there may be some drawbacks at times, there's a reason why we are licensed.

The game will release when it's ready, and it's not there yet. Keep in mind, for most video games, development cycle is minimum 10 months. Most games, are over 2 years. With FHM and OOTP, while big ideas are worked on year round, for the most part, the game is built between our last update for the previous version and the release. It's a fluid process. Things happen when building the game. What the initial plans look like vs what comes out can be two distinctly different things. We could easily start talking features in June or July, but if we end up having to cut something because we make a change or it isn't working as we are intended, would you (our fans) be happy? We'd rather wait until we know for sure.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM   #19
julius
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Do you have a lot of experience dealing with the NHL to make that statement? I'm curious. While there may be some drawbacks at times, there's a reason why we are licensed.

The game will release when it's ready, and it's not there yet. Keep in mind, for most video games, development cycle is minimum 10 months. Most games, are over 2 years. With FHM and OOTP, while big ideas are worked on year round, for the most part, the game is built between our last update for the previous version and the release. It's a fluid process. Things happen when building the game. What the initial plans look like vs what comes out can be two distinctly different things. We could easily start talking features in June or July, but if we end up having to cut something because we make a change or it isn't working as we are intended, would you (our fans) be happy? We'd rather wait until we know for sure.
Well, my experience with the NHL licensing process consists of it being an excuse that you offer when long-standing customers query you on why a release is being delayed. Can you confirm that the NHL license causes no such delay? If so, you will need to amend your response (for example, see your posts above).

Please note that I refer here not to the normal delay and time required to develop each version (which is what you address in your response above) but the additional delay caused by having the NHL review your proposal, which is an entirely different matter. You have confirmed this additional delay both this year and last when directly asked.

Let's tackle my other observations shall we? Can you confirm that the NHL license is free and is not a cost that you pass on to the ultimate purchaser? Do you really think I need hands-on experience dealing with the NHL to know this is not the case? But, please tell me I am wrong.

You state that "there is a reason we are licensed" but then fail to divulge any reason. As I noted, it is a very simple process to download rosters, logos etc., so that can't be the reason. Moreover, if you run your league over a few seasons, most players end up being computer-created anyways. Plus, there are many of us creating custom leagues who have no need at all for the NHL license.

Since we are paying for this license (subject to your telling me I am wrong about this), can you please articulate for us the advantages in doing so.

Last edited by julius; 09-17-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #20
julius
Minors (Single A)

[QUOTE=croatian;4367455]Hopefully FHM gets more licensed leagues. Option to create better game, more and in-depth modes with license is so much wider.

Utter nonsense.
Closed Thread