Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 05-20-2016, 02:25 PM   #61
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillidog View Post
How do you "import" a fighter from a different "universe" for example I have a "universe" which is called "MODS" in it is all fighters that this forum has rated or adjusted. Now I want to get some of these fighters into my new Universe that I am creating (instead of using the TBCB ratings of these fighters
You have two ways to do this depending on your preference.

Select the files of the fighters you want imported into a different universe. You can do this one at a time or as a group using the mass edit function.

You can then export these files. This is where your two options come into play. You can export the files to a folder that you have created using the "Export to File" choice.
Alternatively you can choose "Export Selected" which will place the files in the games exchange folder.

You can then import them into the new universe of your choice.

Just a note. I generally use the exchange folder method just as a personal preference, but I make sure to "empty" the folder after I've moved the fighters.

I use this a lot, When I create new fighters they all go into the exchange folder. After I post them to the forum, here, I'll distribute them to different game universes and empty the exchange folder and start the process all over.

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:38 PM   #62
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
First you have to create the groups in the GROUPS function on the main screen. I have regional groups [Europe, North America, British Empire, etc] and national groups [Canada, USA, etc.].

Then you just go to the FIGHTERS screen, select boxers to assign and click on the MENU bar at right (if you have TB 2.5) or EDIT at top (if you have TB2013). Look for MASS EDIT. There is where you assign groups to your boxers.

As for your earlier question about importing boxers from another universe, I can't help you there. I've been importing my boxers created in earlier versions of the game or creating my own within my AU. I'm sure someone else will be able to help. I'm thinking you'd need to export the fighter files in one universe to the Exchange folder and then importing them from the Exchange folder to the new universe.

Cap
Cap
thanks for responding, I greatly appreciate it. I actually figured it out prior to your post.

I had no problem "creating new Groups", what my problem was, was once created I could not figure out on the fighter how to place them into a "group". After a few frustrating hours, I finally figured out that the "Fighter Details" could be edited and at the bottom of this tab was the "group" which the fighter was in. Once I learned this it was easy to place fighters in various groups.
Chillidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:45 PM   #63
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
You have two ways to do this depending on your preference.

Select the files of the fighters you want imported into a different universe. You can do this one at a time or as a group using the mass edit function.

You can then export these files. This is where your two options come into play. You can export the files to a folder that you have created using the "Export to File" choice.
Alternatively you can choose "Export Selected" which will place the files in the games exchange folder.

You can then import them into the new universe of your choice.

Just a note. I generally use the exchange folder method just as a personal preference, but I make sure to "empty" the folder after I've moved the fighters.

I use this a lot, When I create new fighters they all go into the exchange folder. After I post them to the forum, here, I'll distribute them to different game universes and empty the exchange folder and start the process all over.

Bear, Thanks

I have only "tested" your method and it worked like a charm. Have not yet had a chance to fully use this. New to this "computerized" version of the game (have had it about 2-3 weeks now), and trying now to create my 1st Universe.

also a BIG THANKS to you for your "Tomato Cans", though a lot more (Tomato Cans) than I am going to use, paring them down to about 180-250 TC's per "Major" weight class (meaning, not using any light/junior or super weight classes).

Going to do what a lot have done on here already and that is do a "Chronological" Universe starting with the fighters who's careers started in 1899 or before, then add new fighters every year working my way to present day

Last edited by Chillidog; 05-24-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Chillidog is offline   Reply With Quote