Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2016, 03:16 AM   #1
Longshot
Bat Boy

"Discuss Trade" issue or am I missing something?

When I receive a trade offer from another team I can immediately click "complete trade" if I want to, or I can discuss trade to see what else they have possibly have to offer.

However if I click discuss trade and then change decide against making any changes, "complete trade" is no longer available. I can only "offer" them the exact thing they offered me (from the original discuss trade screen... no counter offers or anything), in which case I usually get a "No Way!" response.

Why does it remove the option to accept the trade from the message screen if I don't make any changes?

Its done this with other trades, but I thought it was a bug and that it would have been fixed by now. (I haven't played in a while).

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by Longshot; 01-31-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:29 AM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
When I receive a trade offer from another team I can immediately click "complete trade" if I want to, or I can discuss trade to see what else they have possibly have to offer.

However if I click discuss trade and then change decide against making any changes, "complete trade" is no longer available. I can only "offer" them the exact thing they offered me (from the original discuss trade screen... no counter offers or anything), in which case I usually get a "No Way!" response.

Why does it remove the option to accept the trade from the message screen if I don't make any changes?

Its done this with other trades, but I thought it was a bug and that it would have been fixed by now. (I haven't played in a while).

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
I am not a developer, but I will make sure to pass on your thoughts to them.

However, Trade Offers are tricky things, even in real life. What may be offered one minute may be revoked the next, it all depends how a GM is feeling on any given day. The AI GM from what I've experienced (and what I've been told) expects to have trades being fair. Often times trades can come up that are more in your favor and less for the AI, so re proposing the trade could trigger an answer of "No" even though they offered it to you first.

A simple workaround for what you may want however is just to go look at the other teams roster and make a trade proposal to them. You have 14 days to accept their original offer, so leave it untouched until you find the information you need.
Adam B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:56 PM   #3
Longshot
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
I am not a developer, but I will make sure to pass on your thoughts to them.

However, Trade Offers are tricky things, even in real life. What may be offered one minute may be revoked the next, it all depends how a GM is feeling on any given day. The AI GM from what I've experienced (and what I've been told) expects to have trades being fair. Often times trades can come up that are more in your favor and less for the AI, so re proposing the trade could trigger an answer of "No" even though they offered it to you first.

A simple workaround for what you may want however is just to go look at the other teams roster and make a trade proposal to them. You have 14 days to accept their original offer, so leave it untouched until you find the information you need.
At the moment we cannot accept an original trade offer if we chose to discuss the trade options with our assistant GM.

I understand what you're saying about trades and I completely agree, however in this situation, I never proposed another offer. I only clicked the screen to discuss the trade (do discuss options with my assistant GM) and then backed out. It should allow me to back out of the discuss trade and complete the trade as it was sent (since no changes or counter offers were made).

When you go to the discuss trade screen, you're assistant tells you his opinion of the trade you have NOT yet offered. If he tells me that he doesn't think they would accept adding in another piece, then there should be a button inside the "discuss trade" screen to complete the trade with no counter offers (original offer), or a way to simply still complete the trade from the original message.

I will try your workaround to gauge similar offers to the other gms. Thanks

Last edited by Longshot; 01-31-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 10:48 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
At the moment we cannot accept an original trade offer if we chose to discuss the trade options with out assistant GM.

I understand what you're saying about trades and I completely agree, however in this situation, I never proposed another offer. I only clicked the screen to discuss the trade (do discuss options with my assistant GM) and then backed out. It should allow me to back out of the discuss trade and complete the trade as it was sent (since no changes or counter offers were made).

When you go to the discuss trade screen, you're assistant tells you his opinion of the trade you have NOT yet offered. If he tells me that he doesn't think they would accept adding in another piece, then there should be a button inside the "discuss trade" screen to complete the trade with no counter offers (original offer), or a way to simply still complete the trade from the original message.

I will try your workaround to gauge similar offers to the other gms. Thanks
I completely get what you're saying. And I will make sure your feedback is passed back to the developers.
Adam B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:05 PM   #5
redtiger7
All Star Starter

If you're in comissioner mode, the workaround is to force the trade
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:42 PM   #6
Calvinthesneak
Bat Boy

Just as a note this also happens with contracts to you when you're the coach/GM. If you hit the renew contract option, and then hit "cancel" on the pop-up where you select term/salary, you no longer have any option to accept the offer in the email.

This cost me my job with my first team, because I wanted to see if there was other available jobs before accepting. I was patient and another job did come along.

As noted above, you can work around it by being careful not to do anything with the offer and examine everything else first, but surely a flag, or if statement should be able to ensure the option will not disappear.
Calvinthesneak is offline   Reply With Quote