Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #1
jakestar17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How to get the players faces?

I pre ordered the game and got it the friday and downloaded that night. I starte it up and it works great! The players faces are blank with a silver outline. How do you get the faces of the players? Thanks!

P.S. I do not play with wi-Fi. Not sure if that has to do with it. Let me know!
jakestar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #2
St Louis
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestar17 View Post
I pre ordered the game and got it the friday and downloaded that night. I starte it up and it works great! The players faces are blank with a silver outline. How do you get the faces of the players? Thanks!

P.S. I do not play with wi-Fi. Not sure if that has to do with it. Let me know!
The original photos of players are not included with the base game. They have to be added because they are a mod. You will need to download some files but it isn't to hard.

Go to this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ng-minors.html

At the bottom of page 1 and on page 2 there are directions on how to add them. Hopefully it works for you, sometimes it can get a tad confusing and tedious. I am assuming you want real photos and not the FaceGen stuff (like a fictional character photo).

EDIT: Also you said "silver faces"... I do know this will show up when you play the play-by-play 3D Game for like a Cuban Player who does not have a photo will show a weird grey face but getting the photo packs will correct the issue for most MLB players and you can always add more photos to players

Last edited by St Louis; 03-23-2015 at 12:05 PM.
St Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Or if you're looking for fictional facegen pictures, go to the league options, then the "players and facegen" tab and adjust the facegen settings to your liking.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:43 PM   #4
jakestar17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
Or if you're looking for fictional facegen pictures, go to the league options, then the "players and facegen" tab and adjust the facegen settings to your liking.
How do you reset the photos back to the silver grey faces that the game came with? Thanks for your help!
Old 03-24-2015, 06:01 PM   #5
Randystu
Bat Boy

No you are right. I want real photos not face gen.
Randystu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:13 PM   #6
jakestar17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I installed FaceGen and either want one of two things. Correct photos or back to the default silver photos the game came with.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #7
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I installed FaceGen and either want one of two things. Correct photos or back to the default silver photos the game came with.
Well to make it back to default, I believe all you have to do is disable facegen and uncheck the box that loads the pictures automatically (there may be two boxes if I remember correctly. If that doesn't work, there's probably a folder that holds all the pics that you can delete.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #8
jakestar17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you Tyler! Do you by chance know where that folder would be located?
Old 03-25-2015, 01:38 PM   #9
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thank you Tyler! Do you by chance know where that folder would be located?
Well I don't know which one (or maybe it's both) but I think it's either the person_pictures or profile_pictures folder located in

C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\saved_games\leaguename.lg\news\html\images
Old 03-25-2015, 05:46 PM   #10
jakestar17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
Well I don't know which one (or maybe it's both) but I think it's either the person_pictures or profile_pictures folder located in

C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\saved_games\leaguename.lg\news\html\images
Thank you bro, last question since I am fairly new to the game. How would I get to the person_pictures? Would it be located somewhere on my laptop or on the game. Thanks man really appreciate your help
Old 03-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #11
jakestar17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Tyler nevermind man. I found the pictures and deleted them. It worked! Thank you so much for your help!
Old 03-25-2015, 11:10 PM   #12
jamesmurphypdx
Bat Boy

Question...how long should it take to unzip the file and get the images into the folder? Ballpark guess...I'm sure it depends on my computer, etc...

Thanks!

JM
jamesmurphypdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:26 AM   #13
Randystu
Bat Boy

Players faces

Big Rods 2015 pics, are they just for the 2015 season. How about the historical pictures. How do you load them into the new OOTP16?
Randystu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:41 AM   #14
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randystu View Post
Big Rods 2015 pics, are they just for the 2015 season. How about the historical pictures. How do you load them into the new OOTP16?
Yes and no as it depends on whether a player changed teams or not.
Photos go in ootp's photos folder.
In order to get them to show in a saved game, it's best to go to the samed game's news\html\images\person_pictures and profile_pictures folders and delete everything. Then click the File tab and click Settings. On the popup, click the 3D&Facegen tab and set Picture Search Mode to Search for photo first. Restart ootp and the pics should load automatically.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:10 AM   #15
tclessard
Bat Boy

Wrong thread, my apologizes. Thanks for the link in here by the way.
tclessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:53 PM   #16
ineedplayerpics
Minors (Double A)

I downloaded ootp from steam I added the ootpmods server but the 2015 all in one download doesn't show up. I previously had opt 15 and opt 14 and never had a problem. I don't want to play the game without the player pics and I never had to unzip or download anything before. I use a mac btw.
ineedplayerpics is offline   Reply With Quote