Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
rlsimpson2
Minors (Single A)

Problem with computer teams not having enough players on rosters

Hello, love this game but I've just started a historical career with the 1890 Reds with everything pretty much default except that I chose not to have a fantasy draft (because I wanted players on their actual teams). Anyway, there were lots of free agents (I signed a handful to bolster my roster) but when I simmed up to Spring Training the first year it tells me the Washington team has an illegal number of players and it won't let me continue. I tried going into commissioner mode and signing a player for them, but obviously that player won't sign until at least the next day and maybe later but the game will not let me sim to the next day because of the illegal number of player deal. Am I doing something wrong? Any solutions to my problem? This is my first foray into a true historical simulation (I've mostly started at the present day and simmed forward to this point) so I fully expect that I'm just doing something stupid. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
rlsimpson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Use the commissioner mode and open a free agent's player profile. Use the editor tab and scroll down to the league (select yours) and team (assign him to the team that needs players). He will be placed on the team immediately and then you can proceed (after you do this enough to fill the roster).
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
rlsimpson2
Minors (Single A)

Thanks! I'll give that a try!
Old 08-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
rlsimpson2
Minors (Single A)

This worked great and allowed me to continue my game. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:27 AM   #5
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

This crops up a lot during the deadball era. The issue is that players don't debut until their real debut year - a Spritze-esque database would fix the problem.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
rlsimpson2
Minors (Single A)

I had the Sprite database for OOTP 14 even though I ended up barely messing with historical simulations but wasn't sure if it would work in 15. Also, if it will work for 15 I know I'd have to start over but can I just use this database for one particular historical set up and leave the default database as is for any other career I'd like to start? Thanks!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Couple of things:
1) Rooster sizes in 1890 were 14 not 25, OOTP can only go as low as 15 but that gets you most of the way there.
2) OOTP comes with 890 players available for 1890. The Spritze db has 1789 players for 1890.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #8
sprague
All Star Starter

Either the spritze, or spritze-gambo db's are spectacular.

I have a couple of minor things I have to work around with them, but it so minor, no problem for the multitude of possibility they provide
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote