Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #1
michael92
Minors (Single A)

historical rookies what am i missing

Ok so ill try this with a screen shot hope someone answers as no one did the last time i tried so i want to keep my 1901 leauge going its now 1903 and i guess i missed it the first year but i cant seam to get rookies to be imported into my game Im coming up on some great ones and dont want to miss out on them

so am i wrong when i have the setting like this for the new season start up and would think that the rookies on each team should just show up...so when his time comes Cobb should go to Det when he does in real life

Name:  ootp15.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  402.8 KB
michael92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
sprague
All Star Starter

Quick view
It looks right. Likly the right folder name for the db

Try loading another test league and see if it works right. Or save this one as a template, then call up the template as a new game. Again just to test.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
michael92
Minors (Single A)

ok so i did a test started in 1945 so i know robison shows up in 47 i must not have the rosters set as players are not on the right teams but No Robinson i sim it out for 3 years then think ok hes on a different team not doing well i dont see him in BrK or on the leader boards so i do a search hes there just not on any team so he got put into the game but where is he ?

I have no players in the freeagent pool i looked there first
Old 06-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Did you disable the Amateur Draft (on the Rules screen)?
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #5
michael92
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Did you disable the Amateur Draft (on the Rules screen)?
Ill take a look at that i didnt even know that was a thing...thank you
Old 06-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #6
michael92
Minors (Single A)

so i have done about 8 years in my test game and about 6 years in i decided to check the use real historical transactions tab this fixed it my worry with this was that i have moved a few players around and was fearing them being placed back on there teams in real history but in the test i had Jackie Robinson on Boston and he stayed there and in 1952 Mantal showed up on the Yanks so ill give this a go for a few years back in 1903 and see how it goes if any one can suggest something better please do

thanks for the input so far guys!!!
Old 06-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #7
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

If you'll notice in your screenshot, there's a section in parenthesis about disabling the amateur draft. It would probably help if it was highlighted somehow.

In addition, if you enable historical transactions, the amateur draft is disabled automatically.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #8
michael92
Minors (Single A)

ok stuck again so i enable historical transactions and this really messed things up as i have moved some players to other teams but as i move forward they stay with the team i moved them to but they also seem to have added that player again to his original team so now I have to of that player going

So where do i go to disable the amateur draft i dont see it in my screen shot also is there a better way to do this I just thought the game would add players as the years went on and if i move them to other teams they will just stay there ugh i was so close i thought help!!!

thanks guys
Old 06-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #9
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

To disable the amateur draft, you need to go to the Rules screen. In the screenshot, you're on the Historical screen. (Notice how the word Historical is highlighted? Four words to the left is the Rules tab. That's what you want to click.)
Old 06-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #10
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Using historical transactions is something you have to choose before you start your league. Otherwise, you end up in deep doo-doo.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #11
michael92
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Using historical transactions is something you have to choose before you start your league. Otherwise, you end up in deep doo-doo.
I have only done 2 seasons and I'm in the third now and that's when I noticed I was not getting rookies so then I tired to change it so I think only season 3 is messed so can I just lump it for one season and fix it in my forth ? Or should I just scrap it and restart from season one
Old 06-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #12
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

If you're in commissioner mode, you can delete the duplicate players in the league. That would help, I suppose. If I were you, though, I'd start over. Just chalk it up to learning the game.