Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 03-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
Edster007
All Star Starter

Things that make me go hmmm....

With the 14 coming out around the corner I have decided I am going to "retire" the game I started on iOOTP12 when 15 comes out. I am doing it mostly because even after moving the game over to 13 and buying every season, I dont get real players and I am not into fictional-unless its the only option.

I am about 3/4 through my 15th season and started taking a look "history" when I went into the hall of fame I noticed that through the first 14 seasons I have only two positional players in the Hall, the rest are pitchers (21 players in total in the hall). I find that to be odd. I started in 1978 so there were some big name players who were well on their way to the Hall when I started and only Rod Carew and Pete Rose got inducted. I find that to be strange. I wish I could look and see what happened to guys like Bench and Jackson etc.

Second thing I have never figured out how to devlop a player. I drafted many 5 star potential players who I draft at 1-2 star and with one exception, they never improved. I don't expect every player to pan out but outside of September call ups etc there isnt any way to screw up every prospect, unless apparently you are me.....
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I am about 3/4 through my 15th season and started taking a look "history" when I went into the hall of fame I noticed that through the first 14 seasons I have only two positional players in the Hall, the rest are pitchers (21 players in total in the hall). I find that to be odd. I started in 1978 so there were some big name players who were well on their way to the Hall when I started and only Rod Carew and Pete Rose got inducted. I find that to be strange. I wish I could look and see what happened to guys like Bench and Jackson etc.
I've experienced the same thing with the same era. I started in 1977 and it's now 1987. Pete Rose and Willie McCovey are the only hitters in the HOF. There are eleven pitchers. Personally, I don't think that Don Gullett should have gotten in at 217-186 and a 3.52 ERA but I don't really want the HOF criteria to consume a lot of the developers' time, except to get a bit more balance between hitters and pitchers.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #3
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmC View Post
I've experienced the same thing with the same era. I started in 1977 and it's now 1987. Pete Rose and Willie McCovey are the only hitters in the HOF. There are eleven pitchers. Personally, I don't think that Don Gullett should have gotten in at 217-186 and a 3.52 ERA but I don't really want the HOF criteria to consume a lot of the developers' time, except to get a bit more balance between hitters and pitchers.
I just found it odd. I don't want the devs to take time working on the criteria either. I wasn't thinking about it that way, but now that you mention it maybe an email saying "these players have chosen to retire" allowing you a last look at their stats and if you want grab a screen shot. For instance I traded Graig Nettles near the end of his career the next season I wanted to look him up and see how he was doing and he had just disappeared. Be nice to get a last look.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #4
johan25
Minors (Single A)

In my experience, if you get a pitch with over 200 wins or a batter with 2000 hits they will automatically get in. That seems to be the criteria. I've seen a pitcher that was 210-240 and he still made it in.
johan25 is offline   Reply With Quote