Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Inside the Park Baseball > ITP General Discussions

ITP General Discussions Talk about the new Inside the Park Baseball!

Old 12-26-2003, 01:36 PM   #21
markprior22
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by dannyc
boo hoo
Hey Danny....BITE ME
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 05:17 PM   #22
teatorep
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great Job

Well I haven't been able to play this game yet due to my lack of a credit card but am working on that but anyway... I too have been waiting for a game like this forever. Been a gamer since I was like 5 so it was the Atari for me. Always wanted a game where you can develop a kid through like high school and then hopefully college and then well the big leagues. And ITP is the closest ya can get. A fabulous idea and from the sounds of it great job putting it together. As far as the whole bar controversy goes... I don't really support it but I'm not against it. Maybe in 2 ya could go to a mall and instead of choosing who to drink with you could choose where to go. Like an arcade or batting cages or restaurant and maybe instead of barfights there could be a robbery or something ya get hurt in. Like the arcade could be a baseball thing to improve your reflexes or something...(all us gamers know we have better reflexes than some of the athletes) Just another idea, i'm sure you have tons of better ones. Well keep up the good work and am looking forward to playin your games as long as ya keep makin them
teatorep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 09:18 AM   #23
merlin
Minors (Single A)

itp2

what about making in the training room having a person to help your training when u go there.

Merlin
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:07 PM   #24
jcsturgeon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I really like the idea of a fan favorite level, and more interaction as far as interviews go. I have a couple things to ask.

Certain players (Lou merloni, Rich Garces, etc.) Were very big fan favorites while putting up unimpressive numbers, conversely some superstars (Manny Ramirez, Ken Griffey) aren't very well liked due to attitude and injuries.

I think fan favoriteism needs to not only be based on performance but as a result of interviews, and city. A blue collar city like Boston is going to like a hard working grind it out type player and a city with a poor ballclub is going to really like their own above average players more than he would be appreciated someplace else.

I think some other suggestions of my own would be:

Positive interactions with opposing ballplayers- I mean, why do you always have to fight with another player? Some players on opposing teams are the best of friends.

More interactions with teammates- You don't know much about your teammates in this game. You don't really get to talk to them at all. Maybe there could be more of an emphasis on comraderie. You need to spend more time with your teammates in order to build a cohesive, winning team.

That's about it, I think you guys did a great job laying down the groundwork for this game, I can hardly wait for ITP2!
jcsturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 12:09 PM   #25
Oneida
Minors (Triple A)

I love this game, i would however like to see more role playing elements, New paper Interviews, perhaps option after retirement to get involved in coaching, and eventually owner
Oneida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:32 PM   #26
whitesoxs01
Minors (Rookie Ball)

yeah I really like the game as well, and I think the major suggestions that I like, are
1.) being about to request a trade
2.) Finding other ways to meet a girlfriend/wife, so you can produce children similar to the OOTP manager mode
3.) At some point the team probably gets me a trainer, who can give me advice on what he thinks I should do for exercise, of course his advice could be not be great, so you still have to make your own decisions.
whitesoxs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:46 AM   #27
Dagrims
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesoxs01
yeah I really like the game as well, and I think the major suggestions that I like, are
1.) being about to request a trade
2.) Finding other ways to meet a girlfriend/wife, so you can produce children similar to the OOTP manager mode
3.) At some point the team probably gets me a trainer, who can give me advice on what he thinks I should do for exercise, of course his advice could be not be great, so you still have to make your own decisions.
Best of luck with those suggestions...just a bit late.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #28
Wig
Minors (Double A)

It's never to late! At least I hope not. I love this game and still play it. I have a career going right now, and while I have had HoF careers, I am still striving for that elusive 'freak' career.

It's been years and there have been many great suggestions for this game. I hope to see them, and an ITP2.

On February 28, 1991, Don Mattingly was named the tenth captain in team history. He was an All-Star 6 times. He won nine Gold Glove awards from 1982-1995. He was AL batting champ in 1984 and MVP in 1985.
Wig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:09 PM   #29
bigfly_22
Minors (Single A)

I agree with you Wig. I hope something happens...just don't hold your breath. The last time I did that hoping something would come of this game, my wife had to call 911.

Jason
bigfly_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #30
Wig
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfly_22 View Post
I agree with you Wig. I hope something happens...just don't hold your breath. The last time I did that hoping something would come of this game, my wife had to call 911.

Jason
*GULP* 6 months later... Still...Hanging...on....

On February 28, 1991, Don Mattingly was named the tenth captain in team history. He was an All-Star 6 times. He won nine Gold Glove awards from 1982-1995. He was AL batting champ in 1984 and MVP in 1985.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #31
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wig View Post
*GULP* 6 months later... Still...Hanging...on....
Let's go Wig, you can make it through. I have a feeling after OOTP 2007 is out or the patches are done we will hear something about this.

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #32
MattH3322
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by molarmite View Post
Let's go Wig, you can make it through. I have a feeling after OOTP 2007 is out or the patches are done we will hear something about this.
I hope so.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #33
MattH3322
All Star Reserve

dola,

But I think the only way to get this game made is to hope alot of people start posting to show interest in it.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:18 AM   #34
Geech
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I have a feeling after OOTP 2007 is out or the patches are done we will hear something about this.

I sure hope so, but I'm just very pessimistic about the game's future. There just doesn't seem to be any interest at all from anyone involved with it.
Geech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:12 AM   #35
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Darn, I hope so! I'd love to play this game, but it's not Mac-compatible. I'm really hoping Markus takes a break (not a long one) from OOTPB and puts some time in on this.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #36
Wig
Minors (Double A)

Isn't OS X compatible with windows?? Or is that just for files, not .exe?

Old 02-21-2007, 01:34 AM   #37
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

The windows file system is compatible with OS X, but that's all. I'm also interested in seeing a sequel to this game!
robster1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #38
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

I made a post in the beta forum so we'll see how that works out.

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:03 PM   #39
Jordan
All Star Starter

With the potential of OOTP 2007, a new ITP could also have incredible potential
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:14 PM   #40
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

Quote: