Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:18 PM   #1
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

Force Start/Use at Position not working

I'm trying to force one of my minor league teams to use a player at first base, but when I select "Ask manager for all depth charts and lineups", the player winds up on the bench. There are no conflicts with other players being forced to start at first base. I've only noticed this issue since installing 20.4.40, and I've never had an issue previously with my force starts being disregarded (absent a conflict).
Attached Images
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:34 PM   #2
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

This is still an issue in 20.5.52.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:11 AM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We'd need to see the league files to know what's going on in this situation.

Of note, if this is your major league team, if the strategy page says "suggest position", it might mean that your manager has enough seniority that he is not required to adopt the rules. Also of note if you set a player's lineup spot to the bench, then that overrides the force start.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #4
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

I only use Force Start in the minors, and I have full control over minor league lineups.

I tested this out further, and it works inconsistently. I haven't been able to pinpoint the specific issue, but it seems to be wonky if it would result in a good player being bumped to the bench (typically the first baseman). When that happens, the AI will override the user and keep the Force Start player on the bench instead.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:58 AM   #5
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

This issue is still present. See attached screenshots. In this case, I wanted my minor league manager to use Sandoval in left field in order to improve his rating there. However, that likely would have resulted in Bennett (who was only rated in left field) to get bumped to the bench. As a result, the AI continued to place Sandoval in centre and Bennett in left when I asked my manager for all depth charts and lineups. I had to force Bennett to centre in order for the AI to put Sandoval in left field.

This issue can be replicated. Simply force the AI to start someone at a position when that would likely result in a good player being bumped to the bench. It doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time, but it happens enough that it should be possible to replicate with just about any league.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #6
milessa42
Bat Boy

I have this same issue, in a very similar manner. I've uploaded my league files with the filename 'milessa42Padres.zip'

Replication steps:

1. Visit the lineup page for the AAA El Paso team
2. Note that 8 players have their game strategy set to Force Start at a given position
3. Click Actions > Ask manager for all depth charts and lineups

Expected Behavior:
- All 8 players with forced start active slot in at their respective force start positions

Actual Behavior:
- Not every player is utilized in their force start position. Specifically - Nick Neville is starting in LF, even though I have Brandon Fields set to force-start there.

I've also noticed in my saves that the "Disable AI Promotion/Demotion" option for players is no longer being respected as well, but I will open up or bump a separate thread for this.
milessa42 is offline   Reply With Quote