Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #241
PW MAX
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabez54 View Post
One can always try with the Chicago Blues, due to their great music of Blues greats ... the Bruins will always bring my mind and heart to Boston whenever the name being mentioned ... just doesn't seem to fit with the environment of Chicago ... (but it just me, mate) ... Tomas ...
I can understand that, but once again, there's an app for that.

According to the lore and mythology of the universe in which I play, the Chicago Bruins are the oldest currently active baseball team in the game. They were formed by the highly regarded Bruins Club way back in the 1870s, and, known as 'Bruins Club BBC (of Chicago)' were one of baseball's charter teams, (Sycamore BBC of Lexington was also on that list). Their name was whittled down to Chicago Bruins over the years, and now they're one of the cornerstones of my league.

Which is why I'm so fond of them.

If names for Chicago clubs are still being sought, though, I'd be remiss if I didn't at least mention 'Chicago Hitmen'. I imagine them as an arena football team in my universe, but it is one of the coolest names ever, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckler View Post
A couple more takes on the Bruins before moving on:

BRUINS LOGOS!!!!

Love all three of these a LOT!!! The bottom one, (Mr. White), is most appropriate for my version of the team, at least in the present day, while both the other day seem like perfect fits for previous eras.

Fantastic work on all these!

Steve Sax, if you decide to hang tight with the Bru-Cru, I hope you enjoy them a lot. I really dig the team myself.

Thanksgiving Day, 1998 - October 28, 2011
PW MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #242
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sax Syndrome View Post
I really love the bottom one with the orange. Thanks knuckler!
Any time. Feel free to post any of your expansion or relocated teams or even just your minor league ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW MAX View Post
I can understand that, but once again, there's an app for that.

According to the lore and mythology of the universe in which I play, the Chicago Bruins are the oldest currently active baseball team in the game. They were formed by the highly regarded Bruins Club way back in the 1870s, and, known as 'Bruins Club BBC (of Chicago)' were one of baseball's charter teams, (Sycamore BBC of Lexington was also on that list). Their name was whittled down to Chicago Bruins over the years, and now they're one of the cornerstones of my league.

Which is why I'm so fond of them.

If names for Chicago clubs are still being sought, though, I'd be remiss if I didn't at least mention 'Chicago Hitmen'. I imagine them as an arena football team in my universe, but it is one of the coolest names ever, I think.

BRUINS LOGOS!!!!

Love all three of these a LOT!!! The bottom one, (Mr. White), is most appropriate for my version of the team, at least in the present day, while both the other day seem like perfect fits for previous eras.

Fantastic work on all these!

Steve Sax, if you decide to hang tight with the Bru-Cru, I hope you enjoy them a lot. I really dig the team myself.

I really enjoy hearing the back stories on different leagues. It seems like you have some great stories with your league from what you've mentioned in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
I didn't want to be a pain. But...a train or a conductor's hat would be great.

And maybe in blue and that yellow colour you have rather than the green because it's too close to Lake Placid.

Thanks again.
You aren't being a pain at all. Did you want something closer to the colors of the Neptunes?

Quote:
If you could, Knuckler ...

Could you do a Chicago Blues ... this would be awesome ... Tomas
Sure thing.
knuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #243
Steve Sax Syndrome
Minors (Double A)

Well I used the Oakland Oaks as one of the expansion teams. The other two teams I'm leaning towards having in Charlotte and Dallas. I don't have team names yet, I've got team name writers block it seems...
Steve Sax Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #244
PW MAX
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Well I used the Oakland Oaks as one of the expansion teams. The other two teams I'm leaning towards having in Charlotte and Dallas. I don't have team names yet, I've got team name writers block it seems...
My Charlotte team is called the Carolina Flyers. I like them a lot, one of my favorite young franchises. For me, they were an expansion team that came along in about 1994 or so. I've actually had trouble coming up with a good name for a Dallas club myself. I've considered using Cowboys and Mavericks, but I'm trying to avoid real world names (at least active teams wise) if I can. Texas Lone Stars? That's one I've been thinking would be awesome for a team name. But I've had doubts, as it might clash with my Minnesota North Stars team.

Still think it's a good name though.

Last edited by PW MAX; 09-28-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Seemed like a good idea at the time.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #245
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dallas Rebels

Dallas Steers

Dallas Eagles

Dallas Spurs

All old minor league teams...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #246
Manny42
Major Leagues

I use the Dallas Lone Stars in my fictional league

Dallas Outlaws

Thats all I got :S
Manny42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #247
PW MAX
Minors (Triple A)

Dallas Texans. I'd almost forgotten about that one. That's another name I had in the running for a Dallas-based ball club.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #248
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Great names, there mates ...

As always, PW MAX ... love your creativeness and history with unique names ... forgot, at one time, the old Chicago Bruins were a member of the ABL, back in the 20's ...

Dallas Texans and The Outlaws are usually my top picks ...

Tomas
Old 09-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #249
PW MAX
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Great names, there mates ...

As always, PW MAX ... love your creativeness and history with unique names ... forgot, at one time, the old Chicago Bruins were a member of the ABL, back in the 20's ...

Dallas Texans and The Outlaws are usually my top picks ...

Tomas
As the great philosopher J.J. Evans might so eloquently phrase it....

"Well, you know... what can I say?"

Old 09-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #250
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW MAX View Post
I've actually had trouble coming up with a good name for a Dallas club myself. I've considered using Cowboys and Mavericks, but I'm trying to avoid real world names (at least active teams wise) if I can. Texas Lone Stars? That's one I've been thinking would be awesome for a team name. But I've had doubts, as it might clash with my Minnesota North Stars team.

Still think it's a good name though.

How about these...

Dallas Tycoons (Reference to big oil.)
Dallas Oilcats (Another reference to the oil industry.)
Dallas Wilcatters (Same.)
Dallas Cotton Buds (Goofy and not very intemidating, but it's a primary industry in the area.)
Old 09-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #251
Steve Sax Syndrome
Minors (Double A)

I love a lot of these. I liked Outlaws, Rebels, and Texans, but I'm going with Dallas Tycoons.

For Charlotte I'm going with the Flyers. PW sold me with these backgrounds. I wish I could come up with baseball lore like that!

I like that Rebels name for a Richmond team. This thread just keeps making me want to add teams!
Steve Sax Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #252
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Chicago Bruins

Chicago Bruins

Old 09-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #253
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Newark Neptunes

Newark Neptunes

Old 09-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #254
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

got a few requests

Birmingham Confederates
Sierra Vista Monsoon
Portland Moose
Montpelier Salamanders
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #255
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

Choo-Choos:

Old 09-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #256
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

Dallas Stars is one I use.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #257
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

I was going for a lodge/National Park Poster feel with the first Moose font. The second one is SSS's favorite. Let me know if you want to see any changes.

Last edited by knuckler; 09-29-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #258
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Choo-Choos look is outstanding.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #259
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Wow you do such great work
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #260
PW MAX
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
Chicago Bruins

I'd like to be using these as well, if that's all right. They'll feel so... right... for Midway Field. Just feels like a perfect fit.

If requests are being taken, I could really use a logo in this style for a team called the New York Hawks. Technically, this is the same team I've also called 'Manhattan White Hawks' in the past. It's just that... well... when I put my teams in a list on paper, that 67-foot long name really stuck out like a sore thumb. I've since thought New York Hawks sounded much more organic, and in many ways, much more real.

For curiosity's sake, the Hawks can be traced back to the old Empire City BBC of the 19th century. It's not a direct link, like the Bruins enjoy, but there are ties. Those ties come in the form of one Melis Rosenberg - not so affectionately known as 'Old Rosey' to most who knew him. As a player, he was an utterly mediocre back-up shortstop, but Empire City kept him around because of his razor-sharp business sense. He found a way to keep the team active, while other clubs were dropping like flies. Even if the other players didn't so much enjoy his not-so-charming personality, they appreciated his knack for keeping them employed.

Eventually, Empire City did fail, and folks went on with their lives. A much older and much wiser Old Rosey founded the New York Metropolitans club long about 1892 or so. Using his freshly acquired wealth, he was able to build up a team that was dangerous from the very beginning, and many championships found their way to Manhattan under his watchful eye.

By the time Old Rosey passed away, only the most dedicated of baseball historians remembered him as a player, but most knew him well as a business man.

Under a much more penny-pinching regime, the Metropolitans became the Gothams in the 19-teens, and, like most everyone else, ran into some trouble once the Depression took root.

They were purchased by William Sheepcote in 1931, (oddly, the English-born Sheepcote would become a symbol of the American spirit, and was a man so willfull and stubborn that when he was all but eaten alive with untreatable cancer in the 1940s, he "went out of his way" to die of a heart attack instead), the Gothams became the Hawks for the CBC's inaugural season in 1932, and began a brand new life in the spectacular EMPIRE Stadium.

Today, EMPIRE Stadium is holy ground in the world of baseball, and features a visually stunning statue of a hawk with wings spread wide just beyond the centerfield wall. That centerfield is often compared to an abyss, and the player charged with fielding the position is often hailed as baseball's finest player, just because of the wide expanse of territory he has to cover.

Few batters, they say, have a bat heavy enough to reach that centerfield wall, so the fact that the tip of the Hawk statue's beak was bent slightly by a Tommy Mathews home run some time in the 1950s is a very celebrated flaw.

Sorry again for rambling on so long. Just that when I start writing it just kinda flows like a river. Also, I really like writing all this stuff, so the fact that a few of you seem to like reading it kinda fires up my inspiration a bit.