Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 09-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #81
Dreifort
Major Leagues

One graphical item I think would be cool to add to the game...

Team Photos.

I know creating 3D models of full player bodies might be too much to ask for, but even if you just did players waist high? ~ 3 rows of players with 8 or 9 in each row showing each with their own facegen?

Just like with baseball cards, let a team take a "snapshot" of team on a certain date & his active roster would be all the faces of the team photo?

First row would be fixed # of bodies waist high and then layer the already used bust shots behind the first row to meet roster size?

On an easier format, more retro, use the old windowed vitange team photo look. Team photos in early 1900s would have starting 9 + few extras which each head shot enclosed in a window or frame individually.

examples of the retro style layout for team photo:

Just an idea that I think would be a fun addition to OOTP.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #82
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
Bring back uniforms for managers..
The managers do have uniforms.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #83
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

This is the best of all the OOTP's with one exception, at least for me, previous iterations had much larger pictures of the players on the players page, in 13 those pictures display in a much smaller area. For me this is a loss of the immersion factor that has always made this game special. Just my personal feelings.
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:35 AM   #84
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

I'd love to see the option of using alt + the left and right arrow keys for navigating inside the game, not unlike a web browser. I.E. alt + left arrow goes back to the previous screen, and alt + right arrow goes forward a screen.

The game already has the functionality in the upper left corner, just please assign keyboard shortcuts to it, or even allow users to assign their own keyboard shortcuts!

https://www.big-baseball.org/
Zarberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #85
Dreifort
Major Leagues

forgot to mention this earlier, but a huge art/graphic improvement for 14 would be the option to lock out or control facial types for players generated (especially for historical replay).

So you could prevent or control the % of facial types (100% caucasian until 1947, etc.) This is because several ethnicities are mixed facial types. For example, Americans consist of many types of facial types whereas Japan you're pretty close to 100% asian face types.

This would make it easier also to create racial specific leagues, etc.

Again, this is not to market the game to anyone living in the backwoods of West Virginia or anything - having a feature like this would greatly improve historical replay (even on a fictional level).

Last edited by Dreifort; 10-04-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Dreifort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #86
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

To be more granular, it would also be nice to restrict facial hair styles to various eras, as well. Not a lot of players were sporting soul patches in the '40s.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #87
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
To be more granular, it would also be nice to restrict facial hair styles to various eras, as well. Not a lot of players were sporting soul patches in the '40s.
I might just have to force my entire league to go fumanchu

https://www.big-baseball.org/
Zarberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #88
Dreifort
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
you can control this now under league setup:
Attached Images
Old 10-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #89
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

The fact of the matter is i bet that alot of people are playing at 1920 x 1080 resolution and as it stands there is simply way too much wasted space. If i play as 1 league with 1 subleague the whole one side is wasted too. This must be improved for this game to move forward into the current generation for this department.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #90
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

I am just throwing out a thought off the top of my head.

a) It seems as if some people want every inch of screen real estate displaying important information and data about the league.

b) Others would like larger photos of players and logos, and more of a visual "feeling" from the game appearance than functionality.

This is a matter of personal preference.

Currently the game must do some re-organizing to adjust to various screen resolutions. Could this be done with a slider bar for the user to specify their preference? Or maybe just an option for either one or the other.

Functionally oriented display <-------||---> Visually appealing display

I realize this sounds easy but actually be very difficult. If it could be pulled off, I think it could please the majority.

I personally shift back and forth between the two preferences.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #91
snepp
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
On the salary obligations page: after the salary amount annotate with a P if a player option or a T if a team option or a V if some kind of vesting option.
Beat me to it by a couple of months.

Here's his/our idea in graphical form.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3406096

snepp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #92
snepp
All Star Starter

Added here upon request.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3408145

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp View Post
These are a couple minor suggestions for the pitching screen.

Display the current condition for the pitchers. This is another click saver where you don't have to open a player's profile to see their rest status.

The next is to make the "#" column clickable to select the next starter. This could be used as an alternative to the dropdown selection box.

There are various other interface suggestions in that thread as well.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #93
snepp
All Star Starter

Team logos on the rule 5 draft screen need to be moved to the left of the team name to match their location on the amateur draft screen.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #94
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We have to get stats here like the pitching screen.

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #95
snepp
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
We have to get stats here like the pitching screen.

Overall numbers? Or maybe the splits stats depending on which lineup have you selected?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:23 AM   #96
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp View Post
Overall numbers? Or maybe the splits stats depending on which lineup have you selected?
Definitely splits stats for the lineup selected.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 AM   #97
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Here is an idea I have for logos. As it stands, I'm not really in love with the way logo are presented in OOTP. The minor league logos blocking the parent club when using "clean" logos looks horrible in many cases. Also, I feel the white spotlight background causes problems for many of these same logos.

Here is my idea: Multiple templates shaped as a circle, square, diamond or home plate. Basically you would have your option as to which shape you want to use. You could then select a main background or matting color, and finally a trim color. You would then manually select which logo to lay on top of the template. This would save a lot of time, and would reduce the burden on mod makers. So basically you would have logos that look similar to this, but they would be part of a template within OOTP:

These are square, but the shapes could be different based on which you choose, also there would be a secondary trim color available.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by PSUColonel; 11-15-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #98
pwalt588
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Box scores.

This may sound small...and probably only catches the eye of the most pure statisticians.....but I have noticed that "left on base" totals in the box scores are seldom accurate.
pwalt588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #99
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalt588 View Post
This may sound small...and probably only catches the eye of the most pure statisticians.....but I have noticed that "left on base" totals in the box scores are seldom accurate.
I haven't noticed, but if true, this should be fixed...but it's probably better to place it in another thread since it really doesn't have to do with graphics or design...it's more of a bug or an accuracy issue.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #100
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

May I suggest using Arial or Microsoft Sans Serif as the new font for OOTP 14? These are very clean and very legible, yet they stand out just enough.