Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:12 PM   #21
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

you cannot just install an older version on top of your current version in hopes of rolling it back to the earlier version, or at least you couldn't in the past. i tried, and it kept the current version. BUT.
if you have the stand alone version (this method probably won't work on steam, as it auto updates to current version)- you can go back to an earlier version. you'd need to first unlicense the game. then uninstall the current version with the issues. then install the older version. once the set-up is complete, it will most likely not accept your current game, as it comes from an newer version, so you'd have to use a back-up file from the build you are rolling back to.
i've only done this once, and it was on version 16 (or early17?) .. so i am a bit foggy on all the nuances i did then - old age and a few medical issues tend to fog the grey cells dramatically at times. i just recall it was possible. i couldn't find the post where Marcus explained how to do it, from a bad update, sorry. maybe you could PM a developer and ask for a better explanation on the hows and what not to do???
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:48 PM   #22
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Hi ross11,

When OOTP attempts to create a schedule for a league, it first checks the schedules folder to see if there are any existing schedule files which match the league parameters and schedule settings that have been selected. If it finds a match, it will import and use that existing schedule file. By default, for subsequent seasons, that same file is still used, but opponents are swapped around within the match-ups to create a new-looking schedule. If OOTP cannot find a matching existing schedule file, then it will generate from scratch an entirely new schedule file. Note that OOTP's built-in schedule generator is rudimentary, so any result will be quite basic (e.g. all teams have common off days), and for certain league parameters and schedule settings, it cannot generate a schedule at all.

With that background out of the way, full details will help narrow down potential causes, so please post the following: the exact settings you have enabled or specified on the relevant in-game screen; the file name of the schedule you are trying to use (if you are importing one, or if the game has imported a matching one). The easiest way might be to take a screenshot and post it up; or you could of course write it down and repeat it here.

You can open up the .lsdl schedule files in Wordpad, by the way: right-click on the file and select Wordpad as the opening program. It will open fine. Copy the header portion of the schedule file and post it here — that section contains data which must match what is specified in the league's settings in order for everything to work correctly.

The schedule process can be finicky, as even one small mismatch somewhere can cause odd results, so the more details you can provide the more it should be possible to isolate the issue.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 02-15-2019 at 10:55 PM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote