Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:55 AM   #1
Jman0329
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is it weird to take notes while playing OOTP

To keep track of various things through the save. Trying to make this a more personal connection to my save, as in the past I'm a 100% sim years in 30 minutes or so.

Tips to become a little more immersed into your fictional world?

Here is a gif of Kris Bryant
Jman0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:18 AM   #2
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

OOTP mods
Retro style logos and uniforms
Txranger is an absolute beast of an artist
really makes your fictional or real world come alive.
Motorhead667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:32 AM   #3
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I will create and rename guys after some of my favorite baseball movie characters (Roy Hobbs, Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez, Crash Davis, Jake Taylor, etc....) usually around the time they played in their respective movies and follow their careers.

In fact I started a new fictional league and expanded in 1930 and one of the teams was the New York Knights, so not only is Hobbs a star in the making (.317 18 HR 73 RBI in his rookie year), I made Pop Fisher the owner of the team.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:41 AM   #4
cheo25
All Star Reserve

I'm a simmer and I watch every day with Real-Time Simulation (300 speed, though). I do the following:
  • If a player is in the top performers of the day and I notice he changed teams since last I saw him, I click on his name and check to see how he was acquired.
  • Also, I keep an Excel spreadsheet of series and season-by-season records of the historical Astros against the other teams in the National League. I do that so when there is a sweep I can say it's some team's first series sweep in the Astrodome since xxxx, the first time the Astros have won a season series in a city since xxxx, or the first time they've won or lost a season series against a team since XXXX and things of that nature.
  • I look at the lists from previous years on 506 Sports forum just to get an idea of which teams were on the Game of the Week on a given Saturday in a particular year. I also use that list to schedule and stagger game times when the playoffs start.
  • I look at the expanded standings once a week to look at the teams' run differentials to see which teams might be ready to take off or fall apart.

Last edited by cheo25; 07-11-2016 at 09:42 AM.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:48 AM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

not while i 'play' the game, but i make sue of spreadsheets for all sorts of things.

i've lost a bit of knowledge in the past when i put the game down for a long period of time. had i used spreadsheets, i wouldn't have to work a few things out again.

even for notes, not just formulas and calculations. less hassle of switching files. just switch worksheets. i'm going to digitize my best-practices at some point, lol. that way if i don't play for 6mos. or more i can pick it back up without losing a thing.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:51 PM   #6
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman0329 View Post
To keep track of various things through the save. Trying to make this a more personal connection to my save, as in the past I'm a 100% sim years in 30 minutes or so.

Tips to become a little more immersed into your fictional world?

Here is a gif of Kris Bryant
Nope, it can make the game even more fun.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:58 PM   #7
gglennwill
Minors (Triple A)

Yes....but who cares?
gglennwill is offline   Reply With Quote