Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
Anthony5967
Minors (Single A)

problem

Hey Sebastian I paid 40 bucks for this game and I wrote 3 days ago with a problem and not one reply to it..I want to play the 79 season with the Rangers.I dressed 19 guys and want to dress 20 but it wont let me.So I dressed 11 forwards.Obviously someone on the 4th line is left off so I need to double shift someone.Every time I try inputting a player to double shift he gets taken off his main line.And it wont let me start a game without putting someone on the line
Anthony5967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:30 AM   #2
Richie Daggers Crime
Bat Boy

You can circumvent this by making your 4th line set to 0% of ice time. You can play the game and move ahead, but unfortunately, your 4th line won't get any work.
Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:54 AM   #3
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

You can only dress 19, because that's all the rules that year allowed you to dress.

see the details in this post.

20 man rosters didn't return until 1982. In 1979, you dressed 17 skaters and 2 goaltenders.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:43 AM   #4
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torognius View Post
You can only dress 19, because that's all the rules that year allowed you to dress.

see the details in this post.

20 man rosters didn't return until 1982. In 1979, you dressed 17 skaters and 2 goaltenders.
You fail to see the problem: The game can't handle "uneven" rosters.
In the DEL for example it's perfectly normal to dress 7 defensemen and rotate them at even-strength. You simply can't do that in the game, which is a shame.
It should have been fixed ages ago, but it hasn't and there was never any comment if it will be fixed eventually.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:32 AM   #5
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
You fail to see the problem: The game can't handle "uneven" rosters.
In the DEL for example it's perfectly normal to dress 7 defensemen and rotate them at even-strength. You simply can't do that in the game, which is a shame.
It should have been fixed ages ago, but it hasn't and there was never any comment if it will be fixed eventually.
There is no problem in historical mode....60's to 70's there were 18 player line-ups, then 19 player end of 70's and the program handles them correctly as i played countless times in this game-mode.
That´s why i suggested earlier to contact Seb - maybe there´s a glitch with his saved game or something else.

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #6
spitfire
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
There is no problem in historical mode....60's to 70's there were 18 player line-ups, then 19 player end of 70's and the program handles them correctly as i played countless times in this game-mode.
That´s why i suggested earlier to contact Seb - maybe there´s a glitch with his saved game or something else.
I'm curious ...... the original poster says that when he fills out his lineup the game won't continue unless he puts someone in the 4th line spot to be double-shifted, but that when he tries to do this the player disappears from his original line. Another poster inidicates that one way around it is to essentially disable the 4th line. You're saying that you've played games from this 19 man roster period and there's no problem, which doesn't quite square with what these other folks are reporting. Are you saying then that you're able to play a game without having all the 4th line spots filled in and without setting the icetime for the 4th line to zero? Or are you able to set one of the top 9 forwards to double-shift on the 4th line without having him disappear from his other line?

Last edited by spitfire; 02-13-2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: for clarity
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:04 AM   #7
Richie Daggers Crime
Bat Boy

Quote:
I understand what the OP is getting at. The game won't continue unless all open slots are filled and with 18/19 man rosters, you can't do that, at least as far as I can tell.

The program knows that only 19 players should be dressed, but it still requires 20 slots to be filled in order to advance. You can't double-shift a player, since it removes him from his primary line. That leaves you with the inelegant solution of setting the 4th line to 0% unless I'm missing something.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #8
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post

The program knows that only 19 players should be dressed, but it still requires 20 slots to be filled in order to advance.
No - exactly this is NOT the case....the 4th line is not filled and the game continues.
When you start in 1967 f.e. you only have 1 player on the 4th line - i´m only using this 18th player for PK.
Really no kidding, i never had problems with this

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #9
Richie Daggers Crime
Bat Boy

Quote:
No - exactly this is NOT the case....the 4th line is not filled and the game continues.
I don't know what to tell you. It does not work that way for me. I'm using the latest patch.

Here's my lineup with the 19 man restriction (1978), with an open slot on the 4th line. It will not let me continue and play the game slated for that day.

So, I changed the 4th line to 0%. That's all I adjusted. The game then allowed me to move forward with that day's match.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #10
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
When you start in 1967 f.e. you only have 1 player on the 4th line - i´m only using this 18th player for PK.
Really no kidding, i never had problems with this
You don't understand the problem...

Yes, you can advance with these uneven rosters, but you can't set up your lines like you should be able to. No, just leaving a player out of the lineup and rolling three lines at even strength is not the solution.

The game should let you double-shift players. But you can't do that and it is, quite frankly, ridiculous and stupid.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:00 AM   #11
spitfire
All Star Reserve

.....bump.....

Nothing from the developers on this?
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:47 AM   #12
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
.....bump.....

Nothing from the developers on this?
It has been pointed out before. There's never been an answer. I don't know if Sebastian is even aware that this is a problem.