Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Season 2 (2021) - Now It Counts...Again

Allow me to do the honors...

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:55 PM   #2
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Phew, I knew last week wasn’t as important as this week.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:26 PM   #3
skep
Minors (Double A)

Red Bandits ST140

Watermelon Bandits I192

Pink Bandits ST134

Watermelon Bandits used some PP to pick up a SE Jason Kendall. Watermelon's going Bronze only so I don't need to spend on Silver/Gold tournament pieces. PP will be spent on these cheapo SEs to bolster the roster.

Red Bandits are Silver/Silver Cap and Pink Bandits will be Gold/Gold Cap. Still a ways to go picking up gold pieces.

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:42 PM   #4
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
Red Bandits ST140

Watermelon Bandits I192

Pink Bandits ST134

Watermelon Bandits used some PP to pick up a SE Jason Kendall. Watermelon's going Bronze only so I don't need to spend on Silver/Gold tournament pieces. PP will be spent on these cheapo SEs to bolster the roster.

Red Bandits are Silver/Silver Cap and Pink Bandits will be Gold/Gold Cap. Still a ways to go picking up gold pieces.
That's exactly the way to do it. One team dedicated each to bronze, silver, and gold. Silver and gold teams pricey for now until more PP is generated.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:10 PM   #5
Snowball
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Last OOTP i owned was 13. I always liked ultimate team/gacha kind of thing. When i read about PT, i had to jump back into it! I classified myself as a dolphin. Nice to meet everyone.

Currently in Iron.193

I completed all the live mission. Sold Yogi because....i am happy with Piazza (Don’t make me regret please). I will look to use those money to upgrade my team else where.

Contemplating selling Carl Yas as well...
Old 03-30-2020, 03:44 PM   #6
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

I was hoping they would add some new achievements for walks...
Attached Images
Old 03-30-2020, 04:21 PM   #7
Warhawk
Major Leagues

I don't have a Harper yet, that's a sexy photo.

Here's my ranking of action shots of cards I own:

1. Stephen Strasburg - This is the baseball version of Sean Connery is About To Shoot You
2. Fernando Tatis J. - Definitely the swaggiest shot of the bunch.
3. Joey Gallo - Now that's a home run hitter's swing right there. All kinds of extension.
4. Nolan Arenado: Sweet shades bro.
5. Raphael Devers - Not as cool as Joey.
6. Shohei Ohtani - Would be lower except he really does look like he has cyborg arms in this one.
7. Yoan Moncada - I have to wonder, when God has a good day, does he point down at earth?
8. Cody Bellinger: "Boy I hit that one a long way!"
9. Marcus Semien - Meh, fielding version.
10. Paul Goldschmidt - Meh, swinging version.
11. Clayton Kershaw - I think pitcher action shots are better after release, or well-before release, than just before release. It's like the awkward version of Strasburg.
12. Freddie Freeman - Looks like he's recognized someone in the stands mid-swing.
13. Aaron Judge - I'M JOGGIN' HERE
14. Alex Bregman - Dude's just standing there looking off into the distance. At least Judge looks somewhat pleased.

Looking at the auction house, Scherzer is a less awkward Kershaw, deGrom is a more awkward everything, Yelich looks, like, super excited, and Soto would be a serious contender for the top spot.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:17 PM   #8
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

1st game of the season Scherzer throws 10 perfect innings with 14ks, no runs or errors, but we still lose 1-0 in 12 innings. At least it was worth 5k.

Wondering how far I could get on the Live Missions with 150k of PP burning a hole in my keyboard. Can't decide to try it or just buy dudes from the AH.

Last edited by RunninYakAngler; 03-30-2020 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Decisions!
RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:57 PM   #9
daves
Hall Of Famer

So I joined a week late and only plan on one team. My Seawolves team is okay and will probably win over 80% of their rookie league games. Not sure about the title since there is one other team (Valhalla Vikings) that is similar to me and maybe better since he has 99 Maddox and keeps improving. I think he saw my team and figured he can do better.

The Vikings are in my conference so it will be a battle to get to the WS. At least he is not in my division.

Last edited by daves; 03-30-2020 at 08:59 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:37 AM   #10
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Through the first month, White Tigers are at 22-6 in bronze, leading the division by 4.5 games and are trailing the 22-4 Tempe Q and Snooze for the top seed in the conference. Lajoie got player of the month; he's one of 3 players tied for the lead in the conference with a .389 average; he's also leading the conference in hits, SLG, OPS, and WAR, and is 3rd in runs, 4th in HRs, and 5th in RBIs. Berra is playing even better but doesn't qualify for the leaderboards on account of splitting time with Piazza, he's hitting .407 with 7 home runs in just 75 plate appearances and an OPS of 1.341. On the pitching end of things Lindy McDaniel started off the season with 11 shutout innings over 12 appearances before he gave up a run in his 13th appearance. He's now pitched 12 innings over 14 appearances, going 2-1 with 11 saves, allowing 12 hits, 3 walks, and one earned run.

Black Knights are 16-10 in stone and have a 3 game lead in their division. Bullpen has been kinda bad, 4.23 ERA, starters have been basically alright except for Paige. Nobody really stands out on the offensive end, team has a good average and OBP, Bichette is second in average in the conference but not much else going on.

Sun Kings are tied for their division lead at 15-11. Best bullpen ERA, Shuey has allowed 1 earned run (on 6 hits and 3 walks) over 9 innings in as many appearances and recorded 7 saves. Again we don't really have any hitters standing out but we have a good team average and OBP.

No good card pulls for any of my teams today, or yesterday for that matter.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:43 AM   #11
skep
Minors (Double A)

Monday is through and I did horribly in tournaments, but that's just the other side of the coin.

Red Bandits ST140 19-7
Tino Martinez starting off hot at .357

Watermelon Bandits I192 13-14 3.5GB
Starting off rough, but Wally Joyner is also .357

Pink Bandits ST134 17-9
Syndergaard picking up Ellis Kinder's slack 4-0 1.40ERA, Tim Raines .350 in the one spot.

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:45 AM   #12
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninYakAngler View Post
1st game of the season Scherzer throws 10 perfect innings with 14ks, no runs or errors, but we still lose 1-0 in 12 innings. At least it was worth 5k.

Wondering how far I could get on the Live Missions with 150k of PP burning a hole in my keyboard. Can't decide to try it or just buy dudes from the AH.
You could probably complete the Live's in a couple days being a free spender with 150K. I've gotten almost five done for about 12K including Houston which is one of the most expensive ones.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:16 AM   #13
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes (B201) 18-8 2nd in div, a mixed bag of a month, Randy Johnson struggled vs all of those anti left collection cards, Steve Crlton has been excellent as a closer so far. We are 7-2 vs lefties, thanks mainly to Ralph Kiner. A few players are underperforming but nothing to worry about yet. We have already replaced the collection 3Bs with Travis Fryman who is a solid 84 rated 3B, and Tulo has been replaced by Francisco Lindor who was packed, slight downgrade on D, huge upgrade at the plate.

Lowdown Lugnuts (I188)15-10 2nd in div, Bryce Harper replaced Paul O'Neill in RF after he was packed and I picked up Richie Zisk for 1800PP to platoon with him, looks to be a bargain as he is solid defensively and has very good vsL splits. Harper is currently leading the team in OPS despite hitting .232. Tim Raines is hitting .330 with 13 SB at present

Pachuca Pack Rats (ST119) 18-8 1st in division. I packed Kershaw which enabled me to sell Washburn at his hype price due to being in a collection, that netted me some packs to open which gave me a big fat nothing. Bill Bonham is currently 3-3 despite a 2.02 era and .94 WHIP and 12K/9, Zack Greinke has a currently ridiculous 45K/BB ratio
Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:49 AM   #14
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
I don't have a Harper yet, that's a sexy photo.
What? You mean there's a Diamond card that I have that you don't? Crazy.

As you can see from my sig file, the Secret Harbour Pirates and Arequipa Alpacas won promotion to Stone, with Secret Harbour going from a 4% chance of making the playoffs on September 1 all the way to the finals where they ran into uber-whale Miami Synthwave. This season it doesn't get any easier as we are in the same conference as none other than Matt Arnold's Nomadic Developers, and sitting in the Eastern Division opposite us is the San Angelo Warbirds (who you may have heard of before) who are only off to a mere 24-2 start to the season. But we are holding our own, only 2 1/2 games out of first in our division and sitting in a WC spot at this early stage of the season.

Of course, "We are holding our own" were also the last words of the captain of the Edmund Fitzgerald...

The Arequipa Alpacas are in a better situation, tied for first with a 16-11 record in Stone .123 this season. And guess who's in the opposite Central division? That's right, it's the Miami Synthwave! Sitting at 24-2 (also!) they look to have the division wrapped up already. Looks like I can look forward to getting swept in the finals this week, too, if I make it that far.

The San Antonio Missions are just biding their time, waiting for the non-Live missions to become more affordable. The are two missions in particular I am targeting. No, I am not going to tell you which ones they are. If we have to wait in Rookie for a month or so, accumulating points, that is what we will do.

The Bibra Lake Quendas are the Future Legends team. They have exactly one Future Legend. Future Legends are currently too expensive. They are happy to wait in Rookie like the Missions for the market to modulate.

The Lynn Live Oaks have their own thread, but I forgot to mention the status of their collections in the last post. The Reds are in the lead, with 11 cards. The Tigers have 10. All other teams are in single digits. I finally have acquired at least one card from each of the teams. Not surprisingly, I only have one Dodger card due to the paucity of Irons in the Dodgers collection. Strangely, I have more Yankees, Mets and Cubs (3 each) than I do Rays (2).

Finally, a word about my son's team. They made the Rookie tournament on the weekend, but crashed out in the Division Series. Still, they did get promoted to Stone for this season, so good job. This season, they are not the Sydney Unicorns, nor are they the Sydney Monsters. Instead, they are the Sydney Dragons. Fine with me, I just re-purposed the Dayton Dragons logo and uniforms, none of which actually say "Dayton" anywhere. He thinks I designed them.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb

Last edited by BigRed75; 04-01-2020 at 08:43 AM.
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:24 PM   #15
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I am only playing one team this year. It will be a free-to-play pack-only team. I got very lucky with hitter pulls so far, so I put together a team that is on a pace to score 1000 runs and give up 800 (in a neutral park). I am really enjoying those 10-9 games. I am pulling in enough pp to open 1-2 packs every day plus whatever I win in bronze tourneys, and that been enough to keep me entertained so far.

The great things about a pack-only team:
1) Every card is mint so my OCD is no longer triggered by those prior-team stats.
2) Roster construction is an interesting challenge. Instead of deciding what to buy and then shopping for it, I am deciding how to best use what I have.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:54 PM   #16
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I am only playing one team this year. It will be a free-to-play pack-only team. I got very lucky with hitter pulls so far, so I put together a team that is on a pace to score 1000 runs and give up 800 (in a neutral park). I am really enjoying those 10-9 games. I am pulling in enough pp to open 1-2 packs every day plus whatever I win in bronze tourneys, and that been enough to keep me entertained so far.

The great things about a pack-only team:
1) Every card is mint so my OCD is no longer triggered by those prior-team stats.
2) Roster construction is an interesting challenge. Instead of deciding what to buy and then shopping for it, I am deciding how to best use what I have.
I thought long and hard about doing that but in the end had some extra money from a work bonus so I bought a bunch of points.

That running one pack only team sounds like plenty of fun though in a different way, as you described.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:40 PM   #17
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
That running one pack only team sounds like plenty of fun though in a different way, as you described.
Me last year: My fifth starter sucks. I'll buy $200 in points, and get a good #1-2 starter. Then I will slide everyone else down in the rotation.

Me this year: My fifth starter sucks. The movement and control on that bronze Heinie Meine card aren't too bad... I'll give him a look this year.

Both were/are fun in different ways.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:20 PM   #18
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Me last year: My fifth starter sucks. I'll buy $200 in points, and get a good #1-2 starter. Then I will slide everyone else down in the rotation.

Me this year: My fifth starter sucks. The movement and control on that bronze Heinie Meine card aren't too bad... I'll give him a look this year.

Both were/are fun in different ways.
I totally get it. I have my Gutter Cats that are FTP and it's a scramble plugging holes with little PP.

Packs ups the challenge even more.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:12 PM   #19
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I did a pack-only team in the first two versions; it's ultimately not that rewarding, because at some point you're hitting that one position where you're never, ever drawing something good.

Raccoons currently chasing first in Stone, with the Mets leading their division in Stone by six. So far you're not seeing that Mets are free and the Critters have had $30 of packs. All those packs gave me was Freddie Freeman, Miguel Sano, Yordan Alvarez, that ... ugh, what't the name of the Indians' third base guy? ... and a big-*** conundrum of where to fit them all ...

Meanwhile the Mets have like no pen. But then the live Mets have no pen, either, and the pickings for historical Mets and pre-Mets Dodgers and Giants are thin at best...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:50 PM   #20
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Juicy new toy!
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote