Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-14-2020, 06:52 PM   #1
Blakey
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Creating own league

I'm trying to create a league to mirror a fantasy auction league that 12 of us have just made. So I'm looking to create a league with:

12 teams with fictional names
Ability to allocate real life MLB players with their OOTP abilities to those teams
23 player draft to allocate to each team
Disable injuries, minor leagues
Run in commissioner mode
Fill out all other roster spots with standard replacement level players

From what I can see I can't create a fictional league as this can't use MLB players?

Hope you guys can help!
Blakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:26 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
I'm trying to create a league to mirror a fantasy auction league that 12 of us have just made. So I'm looking to create a league with:

12 teams with fictional names
Ability to allocate real life MLB players with their OOTP abilities to those teams
23 player draft to allocate to each team
Disable injuries, minor leagues
Run in commissioner mode
Fill out all other roster spots with standard replacement level players

From what I can see I can't create a fictional league as this can't use MLB players?

Hope you guys can help!
You would have to manually import the MLB players. Create a notepad file with the players using their ID, i use Baseball Reference.. then mass import the players. see attached as an example
Attached Files
File Type: txt Knuckleballers I.txt (260 Bytes, 369 views)
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:59 AM   #3
Blakey
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
You would have to manually import the MLB players. Create a notepad file with the players using their ID, i use Baseball Reference.. then mass import the players. see attached as an example
Thanks I appreciate that. Where do you get those references from? I've been on Baseball Reference many times but have never seen any ID references like that. Also how will OOTP recognise them to create the player universe?
Old 03-16-2020, 06:54 AM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks I appreciate that. Where do you get those references from? I've been on Baseball Reference many times but have never seen any ID references like that. Also how will OOTP recognise them to create the player universe?
all players are the 1sdt 5 letters of their last name, 1st 2 letters of their 1st name followed by 01-09 if there are multiple players with the same 1st and last name. Players with initials typically are 1st letter followed by a period. This sometimes isnt true. i always have to try 2-3 times to import AJ Pierzynski or RA Dickey.

When you make your notepad file, if you double ,puse click on the name it will highlight just that, right click copy and paste into the file followed by the year then followed by the team abbreviation if you want to add them to a team right away otherwise leave it empty for FA or draft pool.

So for Rickey henderson its henderi01,1977,CWS for the White Sox i use real stats and remaining seasons.

Also if i am putting the players into a fictional league i like cloning the player and deleting the original. original with have the Historical Stats tab. Use master.cvs or historical.odb when you go to Import Player. Its it the Stats folder in OOTP.
Attached Images
Image Image 

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 03-16-2020 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #5
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Could you setup a modern MLB league, release all players into draft pool, rename, delete teams not needed, make your changes to the rules etc...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:05 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
Could you setup a modern MLB league, release all players into draft pool, rename, delete teams not needed, make your changes to the rules etc...
No in a way. You can do that and save it as a template and import it into the fictional league though. i did this when i wanted all the accurate minor leagues and minor league players prior to the 2015 season.
If you use an MLB league, once you finish the season all teams will reaapear to my knowledge.Been a few versions since i have played with it though and there may be workarounds on it.

"Stay Strong"

Old 03-17-2020, 06:38 PM   #7
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
No in a way. You can do that and save it as a template and import it into the fictional league though. i did this when i wanted all the accurate minor leagues and minor league players prior to the 2015 season.
If you use an MLB league, once you finish the season all teams will reaapear to my knowledge.Been a few versions since i have played with it though and there may be workarounds on it.

Seems you could add your fictional league then delete the mlb teams and league, then draft the mlb players into the fictional league... Or maybe by unchecking the evolution setting would that keep the teams from updating each year? Surely there is a way without all of that importing of players... I guess either way it will take some work on setting up the league...

Old 03-17-2020, 07:15 PM   #8
txranger
Hall Of Famer

I just set one up using setup Real World League using just the MLB...
Advanced Setup - deleted all of the Minor League Teams...
Added a AAA League of two divisions 6 teams each...
Deleted all Free agents...
Changed AAA to Major League...
Deleted MLB league which puts all players from those teams into free agent pool... Setup financials and other options/rules on the new league...
Setup Draft, ran Draft 23 rounds...
Simmed one year and everything looks good to me... Just the one league with the 12 teams...

May want to give this a try...

Old 03-22-2020, 04:37 AM   #9
Blakey
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
I just set one up using setup Real World League using just the MLB...
Advanced Setup - deleted all of the Minor League Teams...
Added a AAA League of two divisions 6 teams each...
Deleted all Free agents...
Changed AAA to Major League...
Deleted MLB league which puts all players from those teams into free agent pool... Setup financials and other options/rules on the new league...
Setup Draft, ran Draft 23 rounds...
Simmed one year and everything looks good to me... Just the one league with the 12 teams...

May want to give this a try...
I appreciate your help here. Unfortunately I'm still struggling at even the basic steps. After selecting just MLB I've pressed the Advanced option but can't find anywhere where you can delete the minor league teams. Any ideas how to do that? Which menu option do you select to do that?
Old 03-23-2020, 02:17 PM   #10
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I appreciate your help here. Unfortunately I'm still struggling at even the basic steps. After selecting just MLB I've pressed the Advanced option but can't find anywhere where you can delete the minor league teams. Any ideas how to do that? Which menu option do you select to do that?

Start the game and load a previous game you were playing... Then go to upper left File menu "Create New Game" No to the Challenge Mode... then the following:

1. Create New Game -Create Real World League
2. Select Leagues - MLB only
3. Click Next step
4. Step 2 of 3 - make your choices and uncheck enable auto evolution of league

5. Click next step - your now at step 3 of 3 Select Play in Comissioner mode, make other choices but do not select a team to play as. You can do this later if you wish.
6. Now click on Advanced Mode and you will see all of the Leagues included on the Lower left
7. Click on a league then go to Actions tab in the upper right and select from the drop down "Delete this League"... Be careful not to select the MLB. Do this for all of the minor league teams...
8. Same screen go over to the right side and click "Add a New League" League Creation Wizard... Fictional League and set up your team and League structure as you want it... Click next step...
9. You are now at step 2 of 5... Name your teams and league and be sure to uncheck the minor leagues on the right side... click next step...
10. Now at 3 of 5... Make your choices then next step...
11. Now at 4 of 5... Make your choices then next step... Suggest unchecking auto evolution of the league...
12. Now at 5 of 5... Make choices, select play in commissioner mode and do not select a team to manage...

13. Very important here, select Advanced Mode and it will go back to the Create New Game Screen... Look on the left about mid screen and you should see under All Included Leagues, the MLB and your fictional league...
14. Go over to the left side of the screen and select Start Game...

15. Now the game is started... Go over to the right side click League Transactions button... Now click the free agents tab, then go over to the Actions tab and select "Delete All Free Agents"... There should be no free agents now...
16. Click on League Options button goes to Game Settings screen...
17. Select your Fictional League and be sure it is a at Major league level...
18. Select the MLB and go over to the League Actions tab, mouse over All League Functions and then select Delete this League... Now there is only the Fictional League left and all of the MLB teams were deleted and their players were released to Free Agents...
19. Now go the the right and click on League Options... Should now be at League Settings - Functions screen... Here you can schedule your free agent or fantasy draft... Once you do that you are ready to draft and play your game... Also a good time to go through and make any changes you want to the Rules, Options, Financials, Players, Stats and AI that you want... Also would go and be sure you have a schedule for the Fictional League or make one at the Schedule Editor screen... Save game...

I would suggest before you do the draft you save the game then go to your saved game folder and make a copy of this league folder and keep it as a backup... That way if you want to do this over again you have a copy of the league before the draft... Always keep this copy of the league file as a master...

Last edited by txranger; 03-24-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:10 PM   #11
Blakey
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for this - great help!
Old 03-29-2020, 07:41 PM   #12
ChicoEverlasting
Bat Boy

HUGE thanks for this - with no MLB, I'm creating an online OOTP league simulating our fantasy league's teams, and I would have been tied in knots trying to get this going without you.

Longtime OOTP player, but first time online, and making this for a bunch of dudes without any OOTP experience at all.

15. Now the game is started... Go over to the right side click League Transactions button... Now click the free agents tab, then go over to the Actions tab and select "Delete All Free Agents"... There should be no free agents now...

One point of emphasis for anyone in the future - make sure you're actually on your fictional league (with fictional players) on this step, to delete those fictional players.
ChicoEverlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:35 PM   #13
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoEverlasting View Post
HUGE thanks for this - with no MLB, I'm creating an online OOTP league simulating our fantasy league's teams, and I would have been tied in knots trying to get this going without you.

Longtime OOTP player, but first time online, and making this for a bunch of dudes without any OOTP experience at all.

One point of emphasis for anyone in the future - make sure you're actually on your fictional league (with fictional players) on this step, to delete those fictional players.

The instructions I made were for only one league, so I didn't emphasize what league you should be on...

But thanks for the heads up, you should always be sure what league you are deleting players on...

Old 04-15-2020, 12:47 AM   #14
sexpositiongrief
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You, my friend, are a world saver right now. It should not be this complicated. I've been playing and customizing leagues for a year plus now and... THANK YOU!
sexpositiongrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #15
LittleHurt81
Minors (Double A)

Can anyone from OOTP chime in and say why there isn't the ability within a fictional league to use real 2020 players? It seems silly to have to jump through all of these hoops in order to have new cities-nicknames-stadiums but have to use made up players. To me the fun is in creating a new baseball universe for real players to live in. Just asking... Thanks.
LittleHurt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:23 PM   #16
Blakey
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHurt81 View Post
Can anyone from OOTP chime in and say why there isn't the ability within a fictional league to use real 2020 players? It seems silly to have to jump through all of these hoops in order to have new cities-nicknames-stadiums but have to use made up players. To me the fun is in creating a new baseball universe for real players to live in. Just asking... Thanks.
I can understand the sentiment behind this - I thought it would prove easier than it actually was although I did get there in the end.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:46 PM   #17
ChicoEverlasting
Bat Boy

Does seem like, especially in this world of fantasy leagues being dormant and maybe moving to OOTP, that this could be WAY easier...

But great thanks to txranger for his process!
ChicoEverlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:35 PM   #18
mso94
Major Leagues

So I did step by step. 2 issues happened.
1. There was no draft.
2. teams got added random fictional players while top rated MLB guys were left in the FA pool

What did I do wrong

like the best player in the draft available is a guy named Juan Aldono... uh I see no player by that name in the MLB

Last edited by mso94; 08-17-2020 at 04:49 PM.
mso94 is offline   Reply With Quote