Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 04-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #721
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexpositiongrief View Post
Using Steam and OOTP XX- first park I am playing in won't show in 3D mode. In 2D mode it shows the park and players but when ball is hit they all disappear and the ball just moves as a coordinate marker. Any ideas how to fix?
Did you subscribe to one of the ballpark mods in Steam Workshop and install it? If so, the parks should load automatically when you create a new league.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:12 PM   #722
sexpositiongrief
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Did you subscribe to one of the ballpark mods in Steam Workshop and install it? If so, the parks should load automatically when you create a new league.
Yep- and they don't. Still trying to fix
sexpositiongrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:15 PM   #723
sexpositiongrief
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
As I said- the screenshot was from a different set of parks but was illustrative of what was happening w/ Silvam's parks. I stated that I was able to find a workaround and get Ebbet's to load and work properly, but other parks are still not working. Happy to explain in more detail and upload screenshots if that helps, I'd just like help because Silvam park that did finally work was glorious!
1) 3D mode shows some random park...
2) 2D mode shows proper park but when action commences looks like previous screenshot
3) folders and prk file being used
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-22-2019, 09:18 PM   #724
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Which mod? If you use Garlon's, you have to replace the era_ballparks.txt file with his revised edition. Not sure if that's causing what you're seeing.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:22 PM   #725
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
2) 2D mode shows proper park but when action commences looks like previous screenshot
If I were you, I'd probably delete everything in the ballparks folder, install/reinstall Garlon's mod, swap out the era_ballparks.txt file with the modified one, and see what happens when you create a new league.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:54 PM   #726
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Based on your photo it looks like you have park folders in a sub folder named Custom Stades. If that is what you have, that is the problems. All park folders need to be directly in the Models folder, i.e. not in any sub folder.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:56 PM   #727
sexpositiongrief
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
And Ebbets- working:
Attached Images
Old 04-22-2019, 10:01 PM   #728
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
Based on your photo it looks like you have park folders in a sub folder named Custom Stades. If that is what you have, that is the problems. All park folders need to be directly in the Models folder, i.e. not in any sub folder.
Bingo! I'll bet that's it.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:23 PM   #729
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
I'd also love to see a Globe Life Field model. I bet it is tough though since there's not much out there that's known, but even a completely fictional Rangers-domed field would be cool
I put together a Globe Life Field model here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...&postcount=128
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:42 PM   #730
sexpositiongrief
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Bingo! I'll bet that's it.
Looks like it is! First stadium I am trying is working!

THANKS ALL!
Old 04-22-2019, 11:23 PM   #731
adion
All Star Starter

Buffalo Soldiers Field

I made this park based on Silvam's fictional 18 update to Easton Ballyard. I live close to Ft. Huachuca Home of the Buffalo Soldiers.

I uploaded it to the Fictional folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/x10fhc8413v8y/Fictional
Attached Images
Old 04-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #732
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
I put together a Globe Life Field model here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...&postcount=128
These look good but when you import using .prk the diagram and 3D .obj files don't import.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:24 PM   #733
goreds05
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don’t have steam, but wanted to configure all the stadiums to import automatically when starting a season. Is there a trick to modifying the era_ballpark.txt file? I put the parks in the ballparks folder and named them the same way the folder with the .obj file. Didn’t work, got a generic stadium.
goreds05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:23 PM   #734
Gojira
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
I made this park based on Silvam's fictional 18 update to Easton Ballyard. I live close to Ft. Huachuca Home of the Buffalo Soldiers.

I uploaded it to the Fictional folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/x10fhc8413v8y/Fictional
Thank you for this one! I almost always draw a blank when coming up with a name for my character in a MMO game, and that was also true when it comes to naming a team in Perfect Team.. stumbled across this one in my stadium folder and immediately named one of my teams the Buffalo Soldiers.

Tho I should rename them something more like "Kings of Queens" since the team is made up entirely of Mets. I made camoflage unis for them with the jersey and cap makers and I like em
Gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:32 PM   #735
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds05 View Post
I don’t have steam, but wanted to configure all the stadiums to import automatically when starting a season. Is there a trick to modifying the era_ballpark.txt file? I put the parks in the ballparks folder and named them the same way the folder with the .obj file. Didn’t work, got a generic stadium.
Whether you use Steam or direct (non-Steam), all the park folders once extracted go in the models folder. It will look like the attached. Of course, the attached is not the complete list of parks I have as they don't all fit on the screen. Once you have all the parks you need for a season you have started, e.g. 1954, downloaded and extracted to the models folder you go the Edit Ballparks section and manually import the .prk file from the folder of the correct park for each team . Then you are good to go.
The era_ballpark.txt is just a text fie that can be opened modified and save with any txt reader, e.g. note pad. I don't know why you would want to modify it.
Attached Images
Old 04-24-2019, 05:42 AM   #736
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Sadly, still doesn't work for all parks... Y'all are great! FML!
You clearly don't know what you are doing.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:46 AM   #737
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

I love that we have a lot of parks now. Anything on any Negro League parks or even modern Korean League? Just curious.. I'll probably just use a fictional pic for the Korean team for now...
Old 04-28-2019, 03:43 AM   #738
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

I am wondering...is there a way to rename the camera angles? I would love a TV camera angle from the outfield. That would be cool. I use the wide-low camera as if it's in the stands, so it feels like you're watching from the stands. I'd call that stands. Anybody know?
Old 04-28-2019, 09:12 AM   #739
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
I am wondering...is there a way to rename the camera angles? I would love a TV camera angle from the outfield. That would be cool. I use the wide-low camera as if it's in the stands, so it feels like you're watching from the stands. I'd call that stands. Anybody know?

After you set the camera wherever you want just select SAVE CAM and when the pop up menu comes up select Create new and then enter the name of your new view and save it.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:02 AM   #740
CM_Balkoth
Minors (Triple A)

Thinking about starting some fictional parks. What would you suggest for a template to start?
CM_Balkoth is offline   Reply With Quote