Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:57 AM   #1
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Historical database issues

Hi guys:

Please post any issues with the historical db's here. Players importing multiple times, not importing, crazy ratings, wrong stats or other stuff like this. Spritze and Bigrod will do their best to respond and to fix and issues.

Thanks for your help in making OOTP better!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

He IS in the historical database but not in PStrickerts EOS file nor OD file.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
theOrange
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Failed Imports

Lukas

Are the Historical data issues related to the 85 failed imports from my rookies CSV files?

Last edited by theOrange; 03-22-2018 at 01:22 PM.
theOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:24 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOrange View Post
Lukas

Are the Historical data issues related to the 85 failed imports from my rookies CSV files?
There haven't really been any historical database issues reported yet, this thread is just a place that they can be reported if they happen. It's possible there's an issue or two that's causing your problems, that's what we need to find out And we probably really need to know the specific players that aren't importing to start to figure anything out.

Old 03-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Rod, Chuck is there anything about Paul DeJong, dejonpa01 that would keep him from properly importing?

He looks ok in the master from what I can see. Might be missing something though...

Old 03-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #6
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

Cody Bellinger Missing?

In Historical Exhibition selecting the 2017 Dodgers, whether it's opening or end of the season roster, Cody Bellinger is missing from the roster, active or reserve.

I then checked to see if he's missing when running a 2017 historical game, real transactions and lineups off, and he's missing from the Dodger roster there as well.

Yikes, can someone please find Cody, he was only the Sporting News Rookie of the year in 2017
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:53 PM   #7
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

Ooops, sorry about the double post. I didn't realize someone took my post from another thread and posted it here. Anyway, hope Cody is found soon
Old 03-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #8
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by congokurtz View Post
In Historical Exhibition selecting the 2017 Dodgers, whether it's opening or end of the season roster, Cody Bellinger is missing from the roster, active or reserve.

I then checked to see if he's missing when running a 2017 historical game, real transactions and lineups off, and he's missing from the Dodger roster there as well.

Yikes, can someone please find Cody, he was only the Sporting News Rookie of the year in 2017
As I noted in my now deleted post..We're looking into it.
My test showed him starting with the Tulsa Drillers, but near as I can figure he should start in AAA with OK City as he never played for Tulsa in 2017 and according to real transactions (if enabled) he should show up on 4/25.
If you don't have real transactions enabled, he could show up anywhere the AI wants him.
Spritze knows a lot more about historicals than I do and he's checking it out.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #9
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Rod, Chuck is there anything about Paul DeJong, dejonpa01 that would keep him from properly importing?

He looks ok in the master from what I can see. Might be missing something though...
tried to import him into a current test game .... failed. tried a couple of different settings to no avail. so something is rotten in Denmark.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #10
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
tried to import him into a current test game .... failed. tried a couple of different settings to no avail. so something is rotten in Denmark.
I think we got a bug here. Need to do more checking..
Here's a work around for now.
Make sure you select the milbmaster.csv file and use his minors bbref id: dejong000pau
make sure you select Include player(s) in minor league. database.
Voila...he'll import. No idea how I figured that out, but it's the only way he'll import.
I've reported this in our bug reports.
Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-22-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:14 PM   #11
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Paul shows up in historical leagues. It seems the player importer is broken in some fashion. Those 85 players must have something in common. Perhaps none of them have belly buttons?
Old 03-22-2018, 04:37 PM   #12
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Paul shows up in historical leagues. It seems the player importer is broken in some fashion. Those 85 players must have something in common. Perhaps none of them have belly buttons?
They're off looking for those super models you love so much
Old 03-22-2018, 05:06 PM   #13
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the response. I haven't checked with real transactions enabled. checked with them off but I didn't have them import minors. When I create a 2017 historical league with real transactions off and imported minor leagues he does appear playing for Tulsa. His ratings are super low, however, with a current/potential of contact 35/35, Gap power 40/45, HR 50/50, this is using a 100% accurate scout scale of 20-80. Also, have OOTP player dev engine off. I would think without real transactions or lineup enabled, in a one replay season, Cory would have ratings representing his final season stats and that he would be placed on the 25 man roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
As I noted in my now deleted post..We're looking into it.
My test showed him starting with the Tulsa Drillers, but near as I can figure he should start in AAA with OK City as he never played for Tulsa in 2017 and according to real transactions (if enabled) he should show up on 4/25.
If you don't have real transactions enabled, he could show up anywhere the AI wants him.
Spritze knows a lot more about historicals than I do and he's checking it out.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:14 PM   #14
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

One more thing I noticed on Cory's real stats in the 2017 historical league that has minor leagues imported and has Cory playing for the Tulsa Drillers. His real life 2017 stats don't include his playing time with the Dodgers, which was close to an entire season, which was 132 games played and 548 PA
Old 03-22-2018, 05:28 PM   #15
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

And just found out that Cody is not inserted into the lineup when playing a 2017 historical season with real transactions and lineup enabled. In fact, On April 25th and after, he remains playing for the Midland Loons with well below average ratings.

So something tells me that the monster Cody file, the one where he broke out and had a great season, is missing.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #16
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
One more thing I noticed on Cory's real stats in the 2017 historical league that has minor leagues imported and has Cory playing for the Tulsa Drillers. His real life 2017 stats don't include his playing time with the Dodgers, which was close to an entire season, which was 132 games played and 548 PA
In my test he has IRL 132 games at LAN in 2017. Seems like your league just hates this guy. Start over? Also my test is totally out-of-the-box.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:38 PM   #17
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
And just found out that Cody is not inserted into the lineup when playing a 2017 historical season with real transactions and lineup enabled. In fact, On April 25th and after, he remains playing for the Midland Loons with well below average ratings.

So something tells me that the monster Cody file, the one where he broke out and had a great season, is missing.
Real transactions and Lineups come from the same fella who does OD and EOS rosters and Cody ain't in them neither. Send a PM to Pstrickert? I do not know if he ever looks at these bug reports.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #18
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I don't see Cody Bellinger in the Master.csv file I used. So, that could be the problem. Is there a definitive Master.csv file floating around somewhere?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:08 PM   #19
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Markus has one.
The roster team has one of its own updated through yesterday.
There is one on the OOTP DropBox site.
I've got one.

Probably everyone but you has one.

I'll e-mail you a copy of mine.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:11 PM   #20
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
In my test he has IRL 132 games at LAN in 2017. Seems like your league just hates this guy. Start over? Also my test is totally out-of-the-box.
Well, I quit the app and updated to the latest version and the only Cody I get doesn't include his real life stats of132 games played for the Dodgers. Will the real Cody please stand up