Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 07-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
Ike348
All Star Starter

All-Star Game

Two things on improving the All-Star Game in iOOTP.

1. The Selections. Could you put in a requirement for each team to have at least one All-Star like in real-life? I find it annoying that in a couple of my "down" first-halfs, no players from my team get selected. Also, could you distinguish between the starters (mention something about being selected by the fans), and the reserves. A possible extension to this down the road is to have the user (don't know what else to call the person who plays the game) actually fill out the ballot with the starters at each position from each team in both leagues. Finally, can you make the selections more fair? I'm tired of .250 guys getting in just because they have a fair amount of home runs or guys with mediocre W-L records (8-6 or something) but really low ERAs (sub-2.50-ish) not getting in.

2. Actually hold the All-Star Game. This might be way down the road, but it would be REALLY COOL to play or sim the All-Star Game, and it would determine home-field advantage in the World Series (don't know how it is now, team with better record, alternates each year, or is just random, I haven't paid attention). I understand this might be too much of a programming or memory issue, as 2 teams would have to be added with what are really duplicate players. The ASG stats and whatever would not have to be saved.

Don't get me wrong. It's really cool that there are already All-Star Game rosters within the game, and it shows up in the player's awards and history. These are just some ideas to enhance the ASG further. Heck, why not even a HR derby? (god no, kidding)
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
derekjeter92
Minors (Double A)

Stephen Strasburg agrees with your second point. but also requests for All-Star Game:

1) Don't put so much importance on saves for relievers. I've had other team's closers go in place of mine when mine had an ERA under 2 but maybe like 20 saves compared to their 32 save, 3.60 ERA closer. Also really good set up guys should be able to go too.

2) If you won the WS last year (and are therefore managing the All-Star game) let you pick 3 players to be All-Stars and stop the simulation and make you manage the game (or option to sim it).

3) I believe players on the DL won't be selected to the ASG, I had a 1B who by far had the best numbers in the league and he didn't go because he was put on the DL like 4 days before the ASG. Ruined his 8 straight ASG streak
derekjeter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
Ike348
All Star Starter

YES YES YES to setup men! I've played a lot of seasons (60+), and a reliever that wasnt a closer only made the ASG about 3 times. Look at guys like Mark Melancon and Steve Delabar, all-star setup men.

Also agree with your second point. That's a possible compromise to having user input on the rosters and actually managing the ASG game.

And players on the DL DO need to be in the ASG if they deserve it. Tulo, anyone?

All great points, hope Sebastian and the rest of the iOOTP team takes these into account!
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote