Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #61
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmike View Post
Not sure if it was talked about already but is there a way to better sync the voice and game sounds? For example, I know a double play is successful before it's announced because the home crowd will start cheering first. No big deal, just slightly annoying.
It's slightly annoying I agree although I guess, in a real life game, the commentary is often slightly behind the crowd noise. For example, Sam Fuld's catch yesterday for the Rays:

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | Must C Catch: Fuld makes a leaping catch at the wall - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

The announcer has to wait to be sure Fuld has it and then say 'He got it!' which is always going to take more time than the crowd giving it a collective 'Woah!'
Quinton_Upchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #62
Broooklyn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
This is the code which selects the voice for the TTS in OOTP:

Code:
hr = SpFindBestToken(SPCAT_VOICES, L"Language=409", L"Gender=Male;Age=Adult", &cpVoiceToken); // use US English adult male voice if installed
Andreas, is there also a way that you can allow for female voice options as well in a future patch? I ask because for me, using Windows 8, I can not get any of my female voices to work, since it looks as though it is coded for only adult males.
Broooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #63
alphington
Minors (Single A)

got it working but with glitches

Many thanks for this thread - I had no idea that tts existed in the game before reading about it here!

I have DL'd pstrickert's file and installed over original - thanks for sharing your work.

I have 'Joey' installed and working in the commentary box on my old but still good XP machine.

My question is that there are some pronunciation issues that crop up all the time and I cannot fix them.

Main one is when the text is for example: '10-18' as in games played record Joey says: 'One thousand eighteen'.
Early in every game he also comments on the two lines of dots (...) that appear before the first pitch with the immersion-breaker: "DOT DOT"

I know almost nothing about tts, lexicons etc. I have tried to educate Joey via Ivona lexicon but it appears that though Joey will happily oblige outside OOTP once in it he ignores the lexicon changes.

I have also tried adding lines to the tts_pronunciation.txt but again it makes no difference (I have no idea if there is a format for these extra entries so that could explain it but I have tried several ways without success).

Well never mind - if anyone knows how these things might be fixed then great - if not at least I can stop trying - any advice greatly appreciated.

cheers
kevin
alphington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #64
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Send a PM or email to Quinton_Upchurch. He has modified the lexicon file for Joey. He might be able to help you with some of your issues.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:14 AM   #65
alphington
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Send a PM or email to Quinton_Upchurch. He has modified the lexicon file for Joey. He might be able to help you with some of your issues.
Thanks for the info - I will try that.

EDIT UPDATE- I think I have solved it - I realised my tts engine was forcing voice to ignore a dash (-) so that's why text like 18-21 was coming out wrong. Fixed this now so I can probably live with this now - thanks once again

Last edited by alphington; 08-06-2013 at 05:09 AM.
alphington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:08 AM   #66
scootshoot
Bat Boy

The best text to speech from back in the day was Ernie Harwell Baseball for Windows. If only OOTP can pull it off it would be the ultimate baseball game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlsjEaqjjwo
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote