Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #221
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

For those of us who didn't follow the end of last week, the Brigantine Bombers won the WS, going 3-2, 4-2, 4-2 to take the series.

This week, we have our typical batch of 3 whales replacing coachlen, sumrandomdude777, and Charlatan5 who are essentially blank spots in the friends list. The whales:

NC West: Megawhale Saint Louis Kingsmen, Dolphin St Louis Stars
NC Central: Megawhale Kodiak Chiefs

Former WS winners Bold Strategy Cottons and San Francisco Smallballers share the NC Central with the Kodiak Chiefs, while perennial WS contender Southern Southpaws shares the NC West with two whales. No matter what happens, one of these 6 teams will be pushed out of the playoffs on the NC side.

The AC, however, is wide open with no whales in sight. The Memphis Deltas and Wisconsin Beer Barons look to be early favorites to see the ALCS, but anything can happen.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:22 PM   #222
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I think to fill the remaining spots, I would like to start a recruitment thread: "3+ players needed for NFTP league". Then offer these simple steps to join 1) Requirements, in perfect league next week and spent no more than $100 on the team. 2) Immediately, clear their friends list and make OMGpuppies as their only friend 3) immediately check the box to use friends list. 4) They post in this thread stating that they have done those 3 steps. Absolutely no need whatsoever for them to log in Sunday night and update friends list with 29 names. This assumes OMGpuppies will continue to be the Sunday night list maker. Aq1 will drop out to accommodate new players. Thoughts? (Especially from OMGpuppies). I think maybe an extremely long thread like this doesn't get the views a new one does while people may be reluctant to join because they don't want to be bothered making and maintaining a large friends list.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:43 PM   #223
Mammoth_Mayhem
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Mammoth_Mayhem is a NTFP team and they look to be Perfect-bound once again. May as well include them in the list.
Actually am sitting at the requirements for this league (under $50 spent. Just have got lucky finding guys listed extremely cheap).
Mammoth_Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #224
Oesor
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
For those of us who didn't follow the end of last week, the Brigantine Bombers won the WS, going 3-2, 4-2, 4-2 to take the series.

This week, we have our typical batch of 3 whales replacing coachlen, sumrandomdude777, and Charlatan5 who are essentially blank spots in the friends list. The whales:

NC West: Megawhale Saint Louis Kingsmen, Dolphin St Louis Stars
NC Central: Megawhale Kodiak Chiefs

Former WS winners Bold Strategy Cottons and San Francisco Smallballers share the NC Central with the Kodiak Chiefs, while perennial WS contender Southern Southpaws shares the NC West with two whales. No matter what happens, one of these 6 teams will be pushed out of the playoffs on the NC side.

The AC, however, is wide open with no whales in sight. The Memphis Deltas and Wisconsin Beer Barons look to be early favorites to see the ALCS, but anything can happen.
I mean, I almost relegated 2 years ago, so I expect my team to be streaky. We'll see. I had career years out of a couple of my players last year and don't expect them to repeat.
Oesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:57 AM   #225
Magus978
All Star Starter

I might be getting promoted to perfect this weekend with my Brooklyn Dynasty...so I'd like to apply for membership just incase I do. My only problem is that I spent $90 total (nothing since I think late May or early June, and no intentions of spending any more). However, I would be keeping a spot from going to a full-blown whale, similar to Bailey's Hamtrack team. For that reason I am throwing my name in the hat. I will also be willing to drop out at any time in favor of someone who actually fills the sub-$50 spent criteria for membership.

If Sunday goes well for the Dynasty, consider this a proper application. Otherwise, I'll hold off until I actually secure promotion, whenever that may be.

Username: EmperorMagus

EDIT: My application is cancelled for the time being as Brooklyn lost their third straight game 5. We won't be coming up (yet). I will re-submit this when we finally do get promoted.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 07-21-2019 at 11:41 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:22 PM   #226
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Any further additions to the list this week? Could use 3 more.
Attached Images
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:32 PM   #227
ScudDawg
Minors (Single A)

My main team the A's was a cost of $75, so not sure that would qualify. The Ghostbusters are 100% $0 spent and in perfect so they could join.

Last edited by ScudDawg; 07-21-2019 at 11:38 PM.
ScudDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:47 PM   #228
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Any further additions to the list this week? Could use 3 more.
Let’s add scuddawg and scuddawg3

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:49 PM   #229
ScudDawg
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Let’s add scuddawg and scuddawg3
Cool, cannot wait.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:49 AM   #230
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Great season ahead...

Just checked all the non-NFTP and non-OL teams and, for the first time, we do not have a single whale in both the AC and the NC! Good luck, everyone!

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:08 AM   #231
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I don't know why my Venusville team isn't making it in. I need to check my league placement settings. I definitely want to get that team in since I'm getting my clock cleaned in perfect now. Please add Charlatan5 back in and I will make sure my friends list and league placement is correct.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:51 AM   #232
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Can someone post a screenshot of the league for us poor souls at work?
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:57 AM   #233
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonaut View Post
can someone post a screenshot of the league for us poor souls at work?
:d
Attached Images

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:03 PM   #234
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Thanks Puppies. Cowboys in 1st place in division... Tim Raines batting .571 with 2 homers and 5 stolen bags. Let's call the season now, shall we?

Tim Raines and Buck Ewing are establishing themselves as my best players. Maybe I should go full basestealing.

Last edited by Argonaut; 07-22-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:42 PM   #235
traveller79
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you to everyone who didn't delete me from their friends list after I was relegated a few seasons back, as I was reupped to .433 this season.

Depending on the limit to the number of friends it may be a good idea not to purge names of relegated players from the list, but add their names to a second, provisional list of people who may return to Perfect in a few seasons.

traveller79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:59 PM   #236
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller79 View Post
Thank you to everyone who didn't delete me from their friends list after I was relegated a few seasons back, as I was reupped to .433 this season.

Depending on the limit to the number of friends it may be a good idea not to purge names of relegated players from the list, but add their names to a second, provisional list of people who may return to Perfect in a few seasons.
I like this idea, but the maximum number of friends is 30, so the maximum "complete graph" of friends is 31 if you don't friend yourself. That doesn't leave much room for a "reserve roster", unless we coordinate to free up some redundant edges for reserve teams (A-B-C means A&C don't need to be friends). But we should probably focus what little effort people can muster on maintaining the current, rather than hypothetical, NFTP friends.

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:01 PM   #237
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Charlatan5 placement was somehow set to Random; I've fixed it so assuming I got in, Venusville should be in good shape for next season.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:35 PM   #238
Oesor
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScudDawg View Post
My main team the A's was a cost of $75, so not sure that would qualify. The Ghostbusters are 100% $0 spent and in perfect so they could join.
How the hell did you get that roster on $75?
Oesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:58 PM   #239
ScudDawg
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oesor View Post
How the hell did you get that roster on $75?
Lots of buying and selling and some cheap purchases. I sold a ted Williams perfect card the first month which was on my 3rd or 4th pack opening which helped a ton. I posted it on these forums back in April, and had a 20k pp game recently to name a few. Haven't spent a dime since early May.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:59 PM   #240
ScudDawg
Minors (Single A)

Ted Williams sold for 350k I believe on a standard pack opening.