Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-04-2006, 02:35 PM   #1
QuestGAV
Hall Of Famer

16 game schedule & playoffs

I want to run a pseudo-historical league that runs a 16 game schedule where teams play once per week. I was able to edit an XML file to get what I wanted, but after the season ended the playoffs were automatically scheduled for 2 days after the end of the regular season? Is there a way to avoid this or reschedule it?
QuestGAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

The default in OOTP has long been to just schedule the playoffs to begin 2 days after the regular season. In previous versions you could reschedule playoff games from within the game using the schedule editor - games could be moved to different days and the home/away could be reversed, but the 2 opponents and the length of the series could not be changed. I do not know if this can still be done in the 2006 version. Would be nice to know the results if someone maybe backed up and tested (hint, hint).
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
QuestGAV
Hall Of Famer

I did give it a shot with the in-game scheduler but unfortunately you can only schedule regular season, spring training, and exhibition games. I tried scheduling one of each of those between the playoff teams and none of them counted as a playoff game. It looks like playoff game scheduling is hard-coded.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #4
QuestGAV
Hall Of Famer

It looks like you can schedule a playoff game, type = 3 for the XML. For some reason, when I export the schedule after playoff games have been scheduled I get an error regarding team IDs and when I reimport the games are scheduled for the wrong teams. Where can you find a team's actual ID#? They don't go in the order listed on the names & affiliations screen.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:40 AM   #5
Makakilo MooNs
Minors (Triple A)

Football schedule

If anyone ever finds a workaround for this, I would also be very interested.

My favorite (only) solo league from the previous version of the game followed an nfl schedule and I was looking forward to doing it again with this one since it would save career and single-season leaders with the limited number of innings and at-bats.
Makakilo MooNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #6
ctorg
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestGAV
It looks like you can schedule a playoff game, type = 3 for the XML. For some reason, when I export the schedule after playoff games have been scheduled I get an error regarding team IDs and when I reimport the games are scheduled for the wrong teams. Where can you find a team's actual ID#? They don't go in the order listed on the names & affiliations screen.
I would imagine that the game probably reassigns team IDs so that only teams in the playoffs have them. It probably has standard IDs assigned to particular playoff teams based on where they are in the bracket (team with the best record, worst record, two middle teams, etc.). That's just a wild, only slightly educated, guess.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote