Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:30 PM   #1
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

RFA contract discrepancies

I’ve just had two dmen the exact same age and position come up for contract extensions in the same year. Both played on my second pairing (a heavily used second pairing though) and played around 21 minutes per night in the last years of their ELCs. One guy scored 64 points and won the Norris while being a first team all star, the other scored in the mid 40s and was a second team all star.

I went to resign them both after the season finished and the second team all star was asking for 4 years at just over $3M per. I thought that is ridiculously low given he’s just been named a second team all star but didn’t think too much of it as it does seem to be easy to get RFAs to sign for low amounts coming off ELCs if they don’t have huge potential ratings. I then go to sign the guy who wins the Norris and he’s asking for only $1.5M over 3 years. Should the Norris win not have him demanding far more? He is only 2.5* in ability with 3* potential but surely the Norris carries enough weight for him to demand $5M +?
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:22 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

There are some mechanics to get players to take bridge contracts at lower values to get them to their UFA age, but we've really toned those down from how aggressive they used to be. I'll take a look and see if it needs to be adjusted anymore, given some of the bigger contracts we've seen for guys coming off ELC's recently.

The contract demands don't, right now, take into accout the player's award histories, but that's something I want to add at some point, although I may wait until after making changes to the awards themselves; I'd like to show vote totals (for the ones that get voted on) and that'd also let us increase demands for guys who were close to winning, not just the single winner.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote