Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:13 PM   #1
SkoCubs
Minors (Single A)

If I wanted to recreate a former MLB player in my sim, what's the best way to do it?

Let's say I want to create Greg Maddux's and enter him into my upcoming draft pool. Take a 19 year old, change his name, height, weight, etc. Easy enough.

Here's the question: What's the best way to make sure his potential is accurate to Maddux's peak?

I'd start a historical league, copy down his potential ratings, or his actual ratings, then paste them onto my created Greg Maddux. Greg Maddux had his career low of FIP- (52) in the 1995 season. Turning on the editor his predicted WAR is 9.2, now this is fantastic, but also not unheard of in my league that started in 2018 currently in 2068. But I've only had four pitchers cross 70 WAR in almost 50 seasons.

Granted, you'd have to imagine his movement would increase without the steroid era (lets pretend juiced balls don't exist) and stuff would increase due to increased K% rate. Do I change that myself, is that fair? Is there another season that might have his real peak hidden in the editor?

So many questions, so was curious if someone else has done this and had advice for the best way to do this.
SkoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:46 PM   #2
Bobfather
All Star Starter

Someone posted this in another thread. Might help.

https://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com...oner_functions
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:32 PM   #3
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoCubs View Post
Let's say I want to create Greg Maddux's and enter him into my upcoming draft pool. Take a 19 year old, change his name, height, weight, etc. Easy enough.

Here's the question: What's the best way to make sure his potential is accurate to Maddux's peak?

I'd start a historical league, copy down his potential ratings, or his actual ratings, then paste them onto my created Greg Maddux. Greg Maddux had his career low of FIP- (52) in the 1995 season. Turning on the editor his predicted WAR is 9.2, now this is fantastic, but also not unheard of in my league that started in 2018 currently in 2068. But I've only had four pitchers cross 70 WAR in almost 50 seasons.

Granted, you'd have to imagine his movement would increase without the steroid era (lets pretend juiced balls don't exist) and stuff would increase due to increased K% rate. Do I change that myself, is that fair? Is there another season that might have his real peak hidden in the editor?

So many questions, so was curious if someone else has done this and had advice for the best way to do this.
If you're playing a fictional game, I can't guarantee you that he'll be able to live up to GREG BLEEPIN' MADDUX because you're not using recalc. But he will come in ready to be the slight, unassuming monster that Greg Maddux was. Head to your draft pool page, and follow the pretty pictures. When you're done with the import, head to his Editor page, and change his name, and anything else you want to.

EDIT: You'll want to select "Peak seasons of career" or "Remaining peak seasons", rather than "Remaining Years in Career" in the "Base Potential Ratings on..." selection box (Pic #3).
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

Last edited by actionjackson; 11-16-2019 at 03:37 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:16 AM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I bring in clones of players into my many leagues and change their names often. What i do with all of my clones in my EBL vs MLB league is clone the clone. This way it gets rid of the Historiocal Stats tab and gives them a bit more randomness.
Here is some guy named Markus who was a clone of Maddux.
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...&postcount=977

Clones of Rogers Hornsby, Shoeless Joe Jackson & Joe DiMaggio have been more or less like their RL counterparts. Pete Rose was good for a few years but barely has 1800 Hits. Jury is still out and many other clones.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:00 AM   #5
sprague
All Star Starter

This is how I would enter Maddux in my games

Stuff 144
Movm 206
Control 175

GB % 65

You could keep him to go with those numbers till maybe 33 or 34 years old then if the game has yet to dial him down some then do so manually.

Just check every year or two if you have a high Talent change number that the game has not given him a big hit, just boost him back if he does
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote