Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 23 > Perfect Team 23
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 23 Perfect Team 23 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-24-2022, 05:38 PM   #1
zevus
Minors (Double A)

Catcher efficiency rating dropping for no particular reason

I've seen my overall defensive efficiency gradually drop from 0.720 to 0.700 over the last couple of days, gradually dropping another 0.001 or so per game.

I'm inclined to think it's a bug.

Is there some stat I can add via customization that might show wtf is going on? Don't see anything out of the ordinary on the default fielding stats, aside from the fact that the efficiency rating just continues to drop.
Attached Images
zevus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:42 PM   #2
zevus
Minors (Double A)

Oh, it appears something funky was going on with Mike Piazza in an earlier year, too (2024). It probably started dropping later in the season.

ed: on a side note, yeah, mike piazza is throwing out 40% of runners this season. historically accurate. this is with hold runners set to -1 to -3. tbh, i've never even bothered to read what 'hold runners' does. i assume it pulls the first basemen off of first base for ****ty runners more often. but maybe it doesn't. since mike piazza can throw out 40% of runners at avg of -2 hold runners, why have the 1st baseman waste fielding potential. probably only needs to be there if cj abrams or cool papa jones is on first. (ed: take out cool papa jones, and it is 65% .. it is known)
Attached Images

Last edited by zevus; 06-24-2022 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:46 PM   #3
zevus
Minors (Double A)

update: mike piazza just dropped to 0.825, without playing a game.

chicanery is afoot, to attempt to get me to spend $

or it could just go back to that message where i said that i think most of these settings do nothing in perfect league

i am not speaking for single player mode, of course. perhaps if my efficiency rating drops enough, i will be forced to purchase a better catcher.

ed: added another image. sherm lollar actually played in a game, and his went up. i guess when catcher doesn't play, they arent as efficient. seems legit, i will admit
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by zevus; 06-24-2022 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:58 PM   #4
zevus
Minors (Double A)

haha, the fools that thought ivan rodriguez had a better arm than mike piazza (he isn't terribly efficient, either)

btw: what DOES "hold runners" do?

i want to set it to -5, in hopes that my first baseman won't hold the runner, but I want to be able to specify certain exempt players, like Cool Papa Jones. when attempts are made to 'normalize' stats, it is not wise to add players like Cool Papa Jones (at least in the Diamond leagues, where there are tons of big spenders, and 1/2 the teams had him on day one) .... the Cool Papa Jones then skews SB success rate, and ****s all others

Is that possible, re; adding exceptions to my never hold runners? if not, please make this a feature.

also, I can change my global strategy for innings and leads, but this is fairly useless (except for squeeze bunts and play corners in, for some bizarre reason), seeing as how all my players override.

solutions?

options are fancy, but only if they serve real purposes
Attached Images

Last edited by zevus; 06-24-2022 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:09 PM   #5
zevus
Minors (Double A)

mike piazza efficiency continuing to drop

blue light special in aisle 5, pls check marketplace

22999, this is great savings.
Attached Images

Last edited by zevus; 06-24-2022 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:58 PM   #6
DotDash
Minors (Double A)

Did you notice the three seasons with identical EFF that your Piazza had? You might like the way my Piazza has been performing, with indentical EFF three seasons in a row, which also matches the EFF of my Severeid card in two seasons (including the current season, in which BOTH are at 1.201.)
Also of note: my Piazza with his 95 Catcher Ability and 50 Arm has a CERA of 3.32 over 1394 IP, while Severeid has a CERA of 3.38 in 4408.2 IP with ratings of 102 and 81. And Severeid had the luxury of playing in Stone and Iron, whereas Piazza only joined in Bronze...

Honestly, I think there is so much predetermined stuff in this game (a.k.a. RNG) that I stopped trying to make sense of performance variability a long time ago.
It's disappointing that there is no developer interaction on this and the other topics you broached.
Attached Images
Image Image 

DotDash is offline   Reply With Quote