Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
beorn
All Star Starter

Compensation eligible players

I have been surprised, the past couple seasons, to find that good players, on my roster the entire season (actually, for many seasons) were not compensation eligible.

I had had the rough idea that any player on my roster all season would be comp eligible as long as I offered arbitration, which in this game means $12? $13? million. But this is definitely not the case, at least now.

So does anyone know what the determination is based on?
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

Depends on what CBA you're using. Recent CBA's have changed the comping regime 2 or 3 times, I believe.

E.g., under at least one regime, a player can only be comped once in his career, so that might address some of the ones you're seeing. If you look up your settings and see which method you're using, then look at the comping restrictions, I expect it would shed a bit of light.

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 08-03-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:16 AM   #3
beorn
All Star Starter

Thank you! That is at least a starting point to looking into the mystery.

Apparently at some point when we changed OOTP versions, it must have changed the rules in our existing league to reflect more recent rules. It added "Max one career qualifying offer."

It is still not entirely clear, though, because I am sure that the one player has never been a FA before, he came up in my system and was never in a position to get a qualifying offer before. I did offer him a long term contract a season back and he turned it down but I cannot imagine that that would be the problem.

One of the others was a rule 5 pick years earlier, maybe that made a difference?
Attached Images
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote