Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #1
Mister_G
All Star Reserve

Expansion Draft Date/Settings

What is the best time to do an expansion draft? After arbitration? After free agents file? How would this affect your settings and protection lists?

Did they do expansion before or after free agency/arbitration in '97?

Also wondering what people set for the draft settings.

@MisterG90
Mister_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

First day of the offseason is the best.

It will schedule the draft for the 2 days after FA files.

I usually do 3 years protection and 50 players protected with a max of 4 players per team and do a 60 round draft to just get players in the 2 new expansion teams system.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:01 AM   #3
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

One thing I learned the hard way is that you might be forced to turn on ghost players in the minors after a expansion till the teams can fully fill their minor systems.
Zedwardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:46 PM   #4
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedwardson View Post
One thing I learned the hard way is that you might be forced to turn on ghost players in the minors after a expansion till the teams can fully fill their minor systems.
Okay,so i was wondering about this. IRL, they announced the Marlins & Rockies years in advance; same with the Rays/D'backs. They were able to sign minor leaguers, coaches, staff, and draft before they came into existence. Logistically speaking, it would take years to get a stadium ready, so why not tell us in advance?

Fwiw, i usually sign any and all available minor league free agents, to populate my system. I mean,yeah the players at aaa are the same talent level as the guys in short a,but I'll get that fixed in a year or two.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:57 AM   #5
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

At least in my experience, sometimes in the first year or two some of the newer teams when computer controlled mid season when injuries are causing call-ups might have a shortage of players.

Then again, I limit the size of the rookie league and have age limits in A and AA ball, so I might have smaller number of players in the minors then some.
Zedwardson is offline   Reply With Quote