Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 06-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #161
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Thanks and they don't all have to be in next version just way down the line. Also might think about getting somebody from the OTTP team on your staff.
As I said, we have different plans about the direction of FHM. If you want to play all kind of (crazy) setups and do a maximum of customization, OOTP will always be your better choice. If you like to play a real world, day to day career hockey game (with historical play and some fictional/customize options on top), FHM is the way to go. And who knows what FHM will look like in 15 years, it is just about the moment that we have to focus our limited resources into the most played area of the game.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:37 PM   #162
Grimmas
Bat Boy

Start any year and not have every season teams change and automatic expansion. I would love to start with the first NHL season and expand and move teams where and when I want to or any season really.

Also to have Junior or AHL teams in historical. Even if the players have to be fictional to fill out the world.
Grimmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:27 PM   #163
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

I only just realized this hasn't been mentioned yet. In addition to my other posts in this thread, I must recommend that teams have an opportunity to set goalie replacement logic (with automatic substitutions based on fatigue levels or back-to-back situations). If one sims long periods at a time, it is impossible to ensure your backup goalie gets meaningful games and doesn't allow for periodic abysmal goalie play due to fatigue. Right now, unless you sim games individually, having a good backup in net is an afterthought.

Additionally, how does one sign on as a tester?
josephyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #164
CivicEvo
All Star Reserve

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but something like a WAR-type metric to evaluate players across eras like GVT or Hockey Reference's Point Shares could be fun.

Calculating Point Shares | Hockey-Reference.com

Thanks for everything you do Sebastian and team!
CivicEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:31 AM   #165
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Id really like to see a central scouting rankings for the draft like that is in EHM. I think thats one of the only things holding me back from switching to FHM.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:09 PM   #166
mso94
Major Leagues

"Then play OOTP, it is a great game. "

So i this another HOCKEY game. if so how do we find it .

since a lot of the fantasy stuff we are hoping for wont seem to get done.

also for FHM3 I really want outputs of each season stats/standings so we can do more online league stuff.

Last edited by mso94; 06-28-2016 at 05:10 PM.
mso94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:59 PM   #167
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mso94 View Post
"Then play OOTP, it is a great game. "

So i this another HOCKEY game. if so how do we find it .

since a lot of the fantasy stuff we are hoping for wont seem to get done.

also for FHM3 I really want outputs of each season stats/standings so we can do more online league stuff.
This is only going to be the 3rd iteration of the FHM series. Their priority at this point is getting the main NHL game to work as good as it can because that's what the majority of the people are playing and that's likely what is going to draw the most new people in.

I know people love their fictional but OOTP has been going for a much longer time. If FHM continues to grow and people are demanding it I'm sure it'll become a bigger focus.
BrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:27 PM   #168
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Screen Size

Sebastian,

Do we know if the screen size issue will be addressed for FHM3? Specifically for Windows 10; 15 inch+ screen size I purchased FHM2 on Steam (already have non steam version) hoping that was a work around but no luck.I'm really excited for the 3rd version, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Thanks.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:11 PM   #169
mso94
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
As I said, we have different plans about the direction of FHM. If you want to play all kind of (crazy) setups and do a maximum of customization, OOTP will always be your better choice. If you like to play a real world, day to day career hockey game (with historical play and some fictional/customize options on top), FHM is the way to go. And who knows what FHM will look like in 15 years, it is just about the moment that we have to focus our limited resources into the most played area of the game.
Here your in my opinion stating the OOTP is the other Hockey game.
So is this the only hockey game they make or is there another ?
Old 06-28-2016, 09:15 PM   #170
mso94
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettC View Post
This is only going to be the 3rd iteration of the FHM series. Their priority at this point is getting the main NHL game to work as good as it can because that's what the majority of the people are playing and that's likely what is going to draw the most new people in.

I know people love their fictional but OOTP has been going for a much longer time. If FHM continues to grow and people are demanding it I'm sure it'll become a bigger focus.
well I hope so also. cause playing real NHL to me is boring. and we have some really good moders here that could go crazy with new features.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:35 AM   #171
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Can you give me a quick heads up of the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
Sebastian,

Do we know if the screen size issue will be addressed for FHM3? Specifically for Windows 10; 15 inch+ screen size I purchased FHM2 on Steam (already have non steam version) hoping that was a work around but no luck.I'm really excited for the 3rd version, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:50 AM   #172
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mso94 View Post
well I hope so also. cause playing real NHL to me is boring. and we have some really good moders here that could go crazy with new features.
We have limited resources that we need to use as good as possible. That means we work on stuff first, that as many people as possible enjoy and all our numbers (and even the OOTP numbers) show that most people play the modern (NHL) game day to day (in some form). And that is why we put the majority of our time into this mode. The good thing is that almost all changes we do their also effect the play of fictional and historical leagues but especially customization (as you know it from OOTP) is, at this point, just not our main working area. As I said earlier, as soon as we are happy with the main mode we will work more in other areas, so I´m pretty sure that FHM over time will gain a lot of feature that OOTP already has (please never forget that it is OOTP 17, not OOTP 3).
Old 06-29-2016, 09:04 AM   #173
mso94
Major Leagues

Quote:
We have limited resources that we need to use as good as possible. That means we work on stuff first, that as many people as possible enjoy and all our numbers (and even the OOTP numbers) show that most people play the modern (NHL) game day to day (in some form). And that is why we put the majority of our time into this mode. The good thing is that almost all changes we do their also effect the play of fictional and historical leagues but especially customization (as you know it from OOTP) is, at this point, just not our main working area. As I said earlier, as soon as we are happy with the main mode we will work more in other areas, so I´m pretty sure that FHM over time will gain a lot of feature that OOTP already has (please never forget that it is OOTP 17, not OOTP 3).

I understand this. BUT a man can dream

I just hope you put in a way to export our stats (For both versions) so we can have a detailed online league.
export each years schedule and results, standings, season player stats.

also change the careers stats to one big area not by last name.
so if Orr scored 100 goals I want to see how he stacked up against Howe,Lindsey and so on with out switching categories. basically have one big list with ALL the players listed with their stats.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:51 AM   #174
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Can you give me a quick heads up of the problem?
Please see Post 48, Post 50, Post 51 from the following thread. Just don't want to duplicate info. Thanks for taking a look.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4047133
Old 07-02-2016, 04:46 AM   #175
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but could FHM 3 be made available on other OS's like Ubuntu.
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #176
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

1:Ability to lock player position on depth chart and still allow the coach to set the overall lines. ex: you want a young to player to stay on 2nd line LW for playing time etc.

2: Ability to add contract bonuses

3:Menu Button Sounds

4:Instead of immediately taking a player out of the lineup once injured,leave the lineups as they are and put a mark beside whoever's injured and add the right click option (sub for player)

5:Ability to change assignment options on multiple scouts at once// longer then 16 week scouting assignments

Last edited by Eugus; 07-03-2016 at 06:11 AM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:05 PM   #177
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I love #1
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 11:09 PM   #178
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Save lines and tactics.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:30 PM   #179
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
Please see Post 48, Post 50, Post 51 from the following thread. Just don't want to duplicate info. Thanks for taking a look.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4047133
Sebastian,
Sorry to be annoying but any word on screen size?
Old 07-13-2016, 09:10 AM   #180
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

How will expansion work in FHM3 with Las Vegas? Will it automatically expand for the 17-18 season?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote