Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-03-2016, 05:39 AM   #221
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosens View Post
A player's career stats show the year and team played for, that would be a link to that team's player stats for that year. Team stats should navigate to next year / previous year using arrows, as should the league standings above it.
When I click on the team name (for a certain year) in the player career stats, it opens the team career page of that team in the year I clicked on. If I click on the league name in the player career stats, it opens the league career stats page of that league in that particular year. In both cases there is a dropdow to choose another season. So what am I missing?
Old 09-03-2016, 10:58 AM   #222
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

Editing

It would be nice if we can access to the player type template when creating a player. For exemple, I want to create a bunch of draftable players for my 1973 draft (I like to add all the notables players who had success in the minors). For now I have to rewriting every attributes, cause the attributes distribution is actually totally randomized.
Now we have Age, Pos and OV level. Adding player template will make it perfect and will save to us a lot of time.
And why not, maybe I can dream to have the possibility to do a similar thing to the existent players....
By the way thank you for the work so far, sincerly I think your knocking at the door of hockey heaven.
Spartacus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #223
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

With FHM 3 our focus is something different then editing. But we spend a lot of time this summer to rewrite our internal editor from the ground up. Short term that will not show up but it was the groundwork to release it to the public at some point in the future. Most likely we talk long-term here but the goal is that at some point in the future everyone can easily edit their game as they want. But first we work on the real world game and immerson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus70 View Post
It would be nice if we can access to the player type template when creating a player. For exemple, I want to create a bunch of draftable players for my 1973 draft (I like to add all the notables players who had success in the minors). For now I have to rewriting every attributes, cause the attributes distribution is actually totally randomized.
Now we have Age, Pos and OV level. Adding player template will make it perfect and will save to us a lot of time.
And why not, maybe I can dream to have the possibility to do a similar thing to the existent players....
By the way thank you for the work so far, sincerly I think your knocking at the door of hockey heaven.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:46 AM   #224
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

Thank you for the reply, even if it's not matching my dreams...
But most Important to me is the thread before, about AI line/roster mannaging. Cause it will be good for every type of games.
Spartacus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:29 PM   #225
Anton
Minors (Double A)

-positive voice- Any chance for an update? Maybe just a pic?
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:02 PM   #226
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
-positive voice- Any chance for an update? Maybe just a pic?
And no, it is not the release date.
Attached Images
Old 09-05-2016, 08:36 PM   #227
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Old 09-05-2016, 10:32 PM   #228
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
And no, it is not the release date.
...The wingdings font on the bottom of that picture
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:36 PM   #229
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
...The wingdings font on the bottom of that picture
The new FHM 3 main font.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #230
Mafarfloune
Minors (Single A)

If it's not the release date, is it the release date's release date?
Mafarfloune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:28 AM   #231
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafarfloune View Post
If it's not the release date, is it the release date's release date?
You'll have to wait to find out. Although there may be another hint dropping somewhere tomorrow...
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:37 AM   #232
SatanSVK
Bat Boy

Hello guys. This is my first post. (Huge fan of ice hockey there) I don´t have any questions. Just want to say thanx to developers, can´t wait to play FHM3 Thanks for the job. Greetings from Slovakia =)
SatanSVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:50 PM   #233
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Any word on the increasing expansion teams from six?

Any word on the max sizes of Fictional Leagues?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:32 AM   #234
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Not sure if these areburied amongst the other suggestions, but I have a few suggestions. Here goes:

1. I think the game could use a customizable waiver wire. I imagine it like this: you could turn on or off being alerted when a team sends a player thru waivers. It is is on the player would have to meet your criteria otherwise you won't be notified. So if you don't want to get a message every time some 2 star minor leaguer goes up and down allow for a setting so you can choose, say, 3.5 stars or higher.

The same thing could work with positions. Want only Goalies? Then the only waiver notifications you get will be when a goalie has to clear waivers.

I feel like this sea won't be too difficult to implement (but what do I know) and it will allow players to put the waiver wire to better use AND minimize the number of time the game would stop SIMing.

2. I would like to see coaching records split back out into a year by year basis. Right now it seems that your coaching record is only shown but league totals. However, didn't FHM1 show records by year before

3. I would scrap the separate designatin for head and assistant coaches. Good assistant coaches should be able to rise to HC and bad head coaches will often find a second chance as assistants. That only thing that needs to be done to accomplish this, I think, is remove the split between the coaching types. Just make it "coaches" and "scouts." When you hire a "coach" as head coach he gets that rank and when you hire a "coach" as an assistant he gets the lower rank.

I have some others but it's late and I'm forgetting them. For now that's my $.02

Last edited by AEWHistory; 09-09-2016 at 02:45 AM.
AEWHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:34 AM   #235
Anton
Minors (Double A)

I second the waiver wire idea.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:41 AM   #236
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Any word on the increasing expansion teams from six?

Any word on the max sizes of Fictional Leagues?
The work on FHM 3 had a different main focus (modern game play, career mode, immersion) so both limits are the same as before.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #237
landru22
Major Leagues

Please, please, please tell me that FHM3 will have the option to import your FHM2 save.

Also, will there be any options to edit or remake a league schedule for fictional leagues? Some of the default schedules in FHM2 were a bit off kilter (teams playing more games out of division and conference than they do in division and conference).

Thanks for the hard work!
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:20 PM   #238
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

I'd like to see the following in FHM3:

1) Cross-version functionaility. If this isn't possible from versions 2 to 3, I think it is definitely something that should be a priority for FHM3. No-one likes to lose their successful dynasty every time a new version of the game comes out.

2) More realistic ageing. It seems that as soon as you see that first dreaded -1 appear against a veteran on your development report, his attributes start to fall off a cliff, regularly losing 2 or 3 points a month. There should be greater variation on the speed of decline for every player, not just when that decline starts to happen.

3) More importance on player happiness. It makes no sense to me that a player who is unhappy with his ice time would quite happily sign another contract with my franchise, yet this happens time and again in FHM2. Player morale / happiness should be factored into contract negotiations and other situations.

4) Better player chemistry. Broadly similar to my point about player happiness above. Lets use the FHM2 Evander Kane as an example - he's an absolute dream to own, the goal scoring power-forward he should be in real life with none of the dramas and drawbacks we all know about. What I want is to see those dramas have an impact in FHM3, whether in terms of news reports and dilemmas I have to act upon as a GM, or in terms of the general funk such a disruptive personality might cause within my dressing room.

5) More variable scouting. In our multi-player league, pretty much every pick in the first round of a draft has been a slam dunk, home-run success. I want to see more in the way of first-round busts along with some mid-to-late round steals.

6) Salary retention. If it can be done in the relatively basic EA 'Be a GM Mode' I don't see why it can't be in FHM3.
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #239
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_dog View Post
I'd like to see the following in FHM3:

1) Cross-version functionaility. If this isn't possible from versions 2 to 3, I think it is definitely something that should be a priority for FHM3. No-one likes to lose their successful dynasty every time a new version of the game comes out.

2) More realistic ageing. It seems that as soon as you see that first dreaded -1 appear against a veteran on your development report, his attributes start to fall off a cliff, regularly losing 2 or 3 points a month. There should be greater variation on the speed of decline for every player, not just when that decline starts to happen.

3) More importance on player happiness. It makes no sense to me that a player who is unhappy with his ice time would quite happily sign another contract with my franchise, yet this happens time and again in FHM2. Player morale / happiness should be factored into contract negotiations and other situations.

4) Better player chemistry. Broadly similar to my point about player happiness above. Lets use the FHM2 Evander Kane as an example - he's an absolute dream to own, the goal scoring power-forward he should be in real life with none of the dramas and drawbacks we all know about. What I want is to see those dramas have an impact in FHM3, whether in terms of news reports and dilemmas I have to act upon as a GM, or in terms of the general funk such a disruptive personality might cause within my dressing room.

5) More variable scouting. In our multi-player league, pretty much every pick in the first round of a draft has been a slam dunk, home-run success. I want to see more in the way of first-round busts along with some mid-to-late round steals.

6) Salary retention. If it can be done in the relatively basic EA 'Be a GM Mode' I don't see why it can't be in FHM3.
Post of the year. Amen brother!
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:33 PM   #240
CaidenTeague
Bat Boy

Stadium Management/ Merchandise

I think a cool feature that is starting to be implemented into many other manager games is the ability to manage the stadium where the teams plays. My personal favorite feature would be the ability to sell merchandise at the teams store, such as player jerseys, food, souvenirs, and being able to set the prices for all of these, including setting the price for game tickets, season tickets, and VIP seat tickets. Just think it would add more depth to this game and for people who want more realism

EDIT: Also the ability to have promotions at the games would be cool, like a shirt or bobblehead giveaway.
These aren't important parts of the game i'm aware, but it's just a cool little side feature that I think we will all enjoy. Also I agree with whoever said the ability to edit the schedule

Last edited by CaidenTeague; 09-16-2016 at 03:40 PM.
CaidenTeague is offline   Reply With Quote