Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:28 PM   #1
South-Side
Bat Boy

Injuries...too many

I played 14 games at the moment.

For march, I've had a player injured every 2 games

In April first 2 games 2 players injured and out (one per game). And then a refreshing pause of 4 games with no incident and in the 5th, 2 players gone down in the same game.

So I'm just at the 9th of April and I have already the feeling I'm playing an ER simulator. This was not happening in '19 i can assure you on that.

What is going on???
South-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:06 PM   #2
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Sample size.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:26 PM   #3
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Double A)

It's not. There have been too many injuries in every 20 season I've played both online and not.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:34 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if it not to your liking, reduce the injury setting.

it's probably perception... injuries are quite common in the MLB... half the batters are fat, unstretched former athletes. and half the league are pitchers that break down every 2000-3000IP like clockwork, lol. they do the researc on this. trust their numbers over your eyes. unless it's an early release issue, but.... haven't seen more than the normal number of these threads so far.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-16-2019 at 10:36 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:26 PM   #5
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I play modern starts using High (Realistic Modern Day) as my injury setting and I haven't noticed anything unusual.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:51 AM   #6
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless' Socks View Post
It's not. There have been too many injuries in every 20 season I've played both online and not.
I can counter that with my game where my team has zero players on the MLB IR (in September). Over the season I've had one SP with a long injury (3 months) and one SP miss 3 weeks. Position players have only had day to day injuries.

That's on high realistic setting. My conclusion? There are too few injuries in vXX. Well except, one season is too small a sample size. I'm thinking I'll get clobbered next year
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:01 AM   #7
South-Side
Bat Boy

I've reduced it to low and I'll wait o see what happens. It seemed odd as I started many careers in '19 and didn't mess with the injury setting at all. And injuries were happening but not at this pace.

Maybe it's random and generic to my save, I cannot say..
South-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #8
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I can counter that with my game where my team has zero players on the MLB IR (in September). Over the season I've had one SP with a long injury (3 months) and one SP miss 3 weeks. Position players have only had day to day injuries.

That's on high realistic setting. My conclusion? There are too few injuries in vXX. Well except, one season is too small a sample size. I'm thinking I'll get clobbered next year
Same here. I have it on the same setting and I don’t feel injuries are realistic. The league, including my team, should have more players on the IL.
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:17 AM   #9
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbl4868 View Post
Same here. I have it on the same setting and I don’t feel injuries are realistic. The league, including my team, should have more players on the IL.

Agreed. I created a thread a couple weeks ago and people thought I was crazy for thinking there were too few injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:18 PM   #10
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

feelings vs statistical research is more futile than arrows vs. bullets.

it's still early, so, it could be a problem, but feelings won't get them to look into it. show them a rate of injury and they can determine if it's out of whack. one season and especially 1 team isn't going to be a suitable sample size.

even so, perfectly acceptable to want fewer injuries, if that is your preference -- whether realistic or not.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:40 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Have you seen the Yankees current injury list?
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #12
raiderz4eva
Bat Boy

Playing challenge mode and want to raise injuries. Also have a really good trainer and want to win mike trout a ring first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raiderz4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:24 AM   #13
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Commissioner mode/turn off injuries
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:52 AM   #14
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

3 weeks into my 2nd season and no injuries yet this season.

I am kinda disappointed in a way, cuz I got a few guys in the minors that I'd like to test the mettle of
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #15
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoofe View Post
3 weeks into my 2nd season and no injuries yet this season.

I am kinda disappointed in a way, cuz I got a few guys in the minors that I'd like to test the mettle of
It always happens. The one year that I deal away my depth is when I have 3 guys in the rotation fall to injury. And the year that I have a stud OF prospect waiting for playing time, my regular OF have ironman seasons.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #16
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I’ve enjoyed (‘enjoyed’?) having injuries on Hard (Realistic Modern) so far. Nothing crazy has happened but it gives me more roster management to do (challenge is only ‘normal’ too, heh, so it could be worse )
Old 04-18-2019, 03:26 PM   #17
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Detroit already has 2 SP out for the year, and it's still april.

and, cabrera has a mean case of "old and fat," lol.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:13 AM   #18
lencombs
All Star Reserve

My first season in XX had no one have to go on the 60 day DL, then in seasons 2 and 3 I have 4 starters on 8 month or longer injuries stretching over parts of each season.

My trainer left after season one, I should have kept him.

lencombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:21 AM   #19
hluraven
Major Leagues

I consistently feel there are too few injuries, even on high, and have done for many versions. You may get a one off season with quite a lot of injuries to a specific position, but also far too many seasons without a single significant injury.

Make absolutely sure you have a top trainer (especially in prevention) and on average, you will be noticeably under real life injury rates.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #20
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

I do feel like I get only really long-term injuries (>2 months or so) for pitchers. Idk if that is true to statistics, where its mostly pitchers who get injuries for that long. but i usually get at least 2 long term injuries to my pitchers every season where maybe the longest i have a position player injured is a month or so.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote