Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:46 PM   #1
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

Reports Question for Fellow Commissioners

I really miss the Commissioner's sub forum where I could've posted this. I'm posting here in hopes of getting the attention of some commissioners who might've run into this problem. If someone knows a better spot to post this, let me know and I'll repost there.

So I made an error entering a trade, but luckily I made that error before simming, but it was a big trade so players were released players stayed on the old team etc.

So I loaded up the league file from the site and started over the trade and that sim. Well, now the Reports won't load. What happens is it goes through the process, but when it's done it doesn't open my browser to allow me to then unpack the reports. No information in the file was changed. I use Fidel Montoya's wonderful All Sim Baseball service and he makes it pretty stupid proof. Now something similar happened under OOTP 15 but it resolved itself on the change to 16. Any suggestions to get my reports back up and keep this from happening again would be useful. I'm trying to recruit for openings as we switch to OOTP 17, and I'd like prospective GMs to see the reports.

Thanks in advance guys.

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB
GM of the OMLB New Jersey Pioneers

Commissioner of the NBBU
GM of theNBBU Hoboken Knickerbockers
Follow the NBBU Dynasty Thread Here.
Eddie Paxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:55 PM   #2
Blue
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Paxil View Post
I really miss the Commissioner's sub forum where I could've posted this. I'm posting here in hopes of getting the attention of some commissioners who might've run into this problem. If someone knows a better spot to post this, let me know and I'll repost there.

So I made an error entering a trade, but luckily I made that error before simming, but it was a big trade so players were released players stayed on the old team etc.

So I loaded up the league file from the site and started over the trade and that sim. Well, now the Reports won't load. What happens is it goes through the process, but when it's done it doesn't open my browser to allow me to then unpack the reports. No information in the file was changed. I use Fidel Montoya's wonderful All Sim Baseball service and he makes it pretty stupid proof. Now something similar happened under OOTP 15 but it resolved itself on the change to 16. Any suggestions to get my reports back up and keep this from happening again would be useful. I'm trying to recruit for openings as we switch to OOTP 17, and I'd like prospective GMs to see the reports.

Thanks in advance guys.
Hey Eddie, hope you are doing well.

We've had our share of troubles with reports. One way to try that may work is manually make the reports then upload them. Best way to do that is to navigate to the reports center under commish actions, click "Create archive for PHP/MySQL" then when that process is done, click the button right underneath, "Upload archive to MySQL database"
It should start that process. If the problem persists, try to get to your server's file directory to see if the .tar.gz file is being uploaded. If it is, then its possible your unpackingreports.php file is acting up. If its not there, something else is happening, possibly with your server's setup or the way the game has the reports setup.

Hope this helps.

Las Vegas Knights GM, 3 Time TBC Champion

Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #3
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Hey Eddie, hope you are doing well.
Doing great. 4.0 GPA. Life's good. Hope the Baseball Classic and all the guys associated are doing well. Good league. When things calm down for me I might come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Hope this helps.
It did. My reports are now up. Thank you so much. Do you know if the automated way will work now or should I do it this way from now on?

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB
GM of the OMLB New Jersey Pioneers

Commissioner of the NBBU
GM of theNBBU Hoboken Knickerbockers
Follow the NBBU Dynasty Thread Here.
Eddie Paxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #4
Blue
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Paxil View Post
Doing great. 4.0 GPA. Life's good. Hope the Baseball Classic and all the guys associated are doing well. Good league. When things calm down for me I might come back.

It did. My reports are now up. Thank you so much. Do you know if the automated way will work now or should I do it this way from now on?
Sounds awesome man, we'd love to have you around again.

As for the reports, we even got to a point where the only way to upload is unpacking on our site control panel ourselves, so I think unpackingreports.php has become a problem for us. If the way I described works, I'd stick to it, we haven't used the automated way at all this version

Las Vegas Knights GM, 3 Time TBC Champion

Blue is offline   Reply With Quote