Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-06-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
ROY_Angel_Berroa
Minors (Single A)

Pro/Rel

As more teams are added to PT will there be less teams promoted after each season?

I was the 16th placed team last time and still was promoted to a silver league with teams that are all diamond/perfect where I still have several bronze players in my lineup. I'm just getting shellacked this season so far. Will this all even out in the long run and I will eventual face equal competition?
ROY_Angel_Berroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yes, at the start we aggressively promote teams to fill the upper brackets, but once they are filled out, the steady state will look more like a pyramid.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:46 PM   #3
Justinw303
Minors (Single A)

Isn't there still planned to be more promotion and relegation than in prior years, though?

Justinw303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:04 PM   #4
MrPibb
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Same here. I've been doing just good enough to keep getting lumped into the all diamond 96 and above league. I finished 35 games behind the division winner and still got moved up with them.

I don't want to run away with things, but it's disheartening to keep getting put in with the ringer teams.
MrPibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #5
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

This is why I deliberately sandbagged in the entry pool and the first week of play before starting to upgrade anything.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:13 PM   #6
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Give it a chance guys, it's only 3 weeks in and there's 3 levels still empty. Another 3 weeks and the levels will be full, then they adjust the Pro/Rel numbers to keep the pyramid. Things should level out after that. Right now the number of leagues is 9 Silver, 30 Bronze, 51 Iron, 94 Stone, and 124 Rookie... not a bad pyramid.

Last edited by HRBaker; 04-06-2020 at 10:06 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:12 AM   #7
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
Give it a chance guys, it's only 3 weeks in and there's 3 levels still empty. Another 3 weeks and the levels will be full, then they adjust the Pro/Rel numbers to keep the pyramid. Things should level out after that. Right now the number of leagues is 9 Silver, 30 Bronze, 51 Iron, 94 Stone, and 124 Rookie... not a bad pyramid.

Waiting a month and a half for a game to potentially get fun for everybody is a big ask for some people. It is not an insignificant amount of time.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:03 AM   #8
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

Picture Jagger and company, everyone scrawny and bone thin from being neck deep in sex, drugs and rock n roll. They are up on stage and singing.

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need

Youtube link for those who need it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqMl5CRoFdk

There is no way to instantly fill all the levels so it may mean a month or more of instability until things settle. This aint instant rice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:51 AM   #9
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Tar View Post
Picture Jagger and company, everyone scrawny and bone thin from being neck deep in sex, drugs and rock n roll. They are up on stage and singing.

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need

Youtube link for those who need it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqMl5CRoFdk

There is no way to instantly fill all the levels so it may mean a month or more of instability until things settle. This aint instant rice.
A response from the World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote