Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
mjkim700
Bat Boy

Buying on Amazon

Will I still get all of the updates if I buy the game on Amazon?
Old 07-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Don't do it.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
mjkim700
Bat Boy

I mean I have a gift card on Amazon and I want to buy 14... So ure saying that I won't get any updates at all?
Old 07-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkim700 View Post
I mean I have a gift card on Amazon and I want to buy 14... So ure saying that I won't get any updates at all?
It's too much of a hassle...use your gift card on something else and buy 14 from the site.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
mjkim700
Bat Boy

ok thanks guys
Old 07-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
use your gift card on something else and buy 14 from the site.
Exactly.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
jb21045
Bat Boy

I bought it off Amazon with no problems, and I can download the updates just fine.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb21045 View Post
I bought it off Amazon with no problems, and I can download the updates just fine.
But you're not fully supporting OOTP by doing that.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #9
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

There's nothing wrong with buying it from Amazon. The only place that gives delays on updates is Apple, so don't buy from their store.

And by purchasing the game anywhere, you are supporting OOTP.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #10
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
There's nothing wrong with buying it from Amazon. The only place that gives delays on updates is Apple, so don't buy from their store.

And by purchasing the game anywhere, you are supporting OOTP.
Not fully.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #11
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Not fully.
This. When you purchase the game from any place other then the OOTP Webstore, a certain percentage of the sale goes to that vendor, IIRC. However, by purchasing the game directly from our webstore, all funds collected from the sale go to OOTP Developments. No middle man.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #12
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

So what's the big deal? - the guy has a coupon he wants to use - he' s still supporting OOTP. Maybe he likes the game once he's played it and starts buying every year. Maybe he tells friends and they start buying.

That doesn't matter though, as long as the point gets made that he's not "Fully" supporting OOTP.

What a bunch, seriously.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #13
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Do you want OOTP to stay in business and keep cranking out a version a year or not?

If you do, then support OOTP to the best of your ability and encourage others to do the same.

Last edited by The Wolf; 07-25-2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Being nice
Old 07-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #14
mjkim700
Bat Boy

I know there has been much suspense over my decision... I just bought the game directly from the site. But I think bluenoser is completely correct, I am still supporting OOTP even if i would've bought from Amazon, there are some people who would not buy the game if they wouldn't have gotten an Amazon giftcard or would love to save a few tax dollars. Im sure OOTP is grateful with any purchase they receive, Amazon or not.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #15
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkim700 View Post
I know there has been much suspense over my decision... I just bought the game directly from the site. But I think bluenoser is completely correct, I am still supporting OOTP even if i would've bought from Amazon, there are some people who would not buy the game if they wouldn't have gotten an Amazon giftcard or would love to save a few tax dollars. Im sure OOTP is grateful with any purchase they receive, Amazon or not.
Well done.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #16
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Donyou want OOTP to stay in business and keep cranking out a version a year or not?

If you do, then support OOTP to the best of your ability and encourage others to do the same.

If not...well then why are you here on the company board?
So anybody who buys the game from a source other than directly from OOTP has no business coming to the forum?

Too funny, lol

Last edited by Bluenoser; 07-25-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #17
LondonYankee
Minors (Triple A)

If OOTP didn't want sales from other sources or 'discouraged' them the game wouldn't be available elsewhere. That's not a clever business model.
I suppose people who buy at the All Star discount or pre order price aren't fully supporting the game because they don't get full profits from them either?
What nonsense.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #18
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
This. When you purchase the game from any place other then the OOTP Webstore, a certain percentage of the sale goes to that vendor, IIRC. However, by purchasing the game directly from our webstore, all funds collected from the sale go to OOTP Developments. No middle man.
This.

Last edited by The Wolf; 07-25-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Being nice
Old 07-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #19
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This, cheapskates.
Just have to consider the source on this comment to know it isn't worth the paper it's written on.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Just have to consider the source on this comment to know it isn't worth the paper it's written on.
I have always found Bowtie to be solid and responsible.

Last edited by The Wolf; 07-25-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Being nice
Closed Thread