Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #61
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
Yeah don't know what you mean to make better. How can you make it better?
Should've been clearer. There's been a number of discussions regarding the poor implementation of CEI's. If you read the board on a regular basis you've seen those threads. Didn't think I had to explain.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #62
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack View Post
Should've been clearer. There's been a number of discussions regarding the poor implementation of CEI's. If you read the board on a regular basis you've seen those threads. Didn't think I had to explain.
Sorry bro what I was not the only one that did not know what you where taking about
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #63
tonezone
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wink

3 suggestions
1)rework minor league coaching system pertaining to contracts. it is a nuisance and not user friendly. contracts offered do not show to what team/level and become confusing and just annoying to do. should be a better integrated feature for realism in the game, not an after thought.
2) When you want to shop a player, instead of just coming up with results from every team who wants to offer various players/positions...how about adding an option to show for a particular position?So for example i want to shop Roy Halladay. But i only want a closer or second baseman. So i can select that. Give us some options to refine the results.
3)allow your teams personnel (bench coach, manager, hitting coach, pitching coach, etc) work with certain players to better their performance.
So for example, in the game, if a starting pitcher has 4 bad starts in a row...have an option where the pitching coach can work with one-and-one. If you have a really good graded pitching coach this should improve the player.
I think this is a realistic feature and gives incentive to hire very good coaches.
tonezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #64
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

Option to show the number of pitches a pitcher has thrown to that point in the game somewhere on the play-by-play screen when that pitcher comes up to bat.
metsguy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #65
Ts-Rock
Major Leagues

one more coaching contract option is to hire away HS and College coaches before contracts are up. If there is a "LEGENDARY" coach in HS why would he NOT want to come coach in the MLB!?!?! It shouldn't matter he has a 3-yr contract, the MLB level or even minor lgs is a better job and better paying!

2010 114-48, World Series Champions
2011 109-53, 1st Rd Loss to N.F.
2012. 96-66, 1st Rd Loss to L.A.
2013 112-50, World Series Champions
2014 119-43, World Series Champions
2015 124-38, World Series Champions
2016 111-51, LCS Loss to L.A.
2017 110-52, World Series Champions
2018 101-61, 1st Rd Loss to Baffin Island
2019. 98-64, LCS Loss to Baffin Island
2020 103-59,
Ts-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #66
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
Sorry bro what I was not the only one that did not know what you where taking about
No problem bro
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #67
mgoetze
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsguy234 View Post
Option to show the number of pitches a pitcher has thrown to that point in the game somewhere on the play-by-play screen when that pitcher comes up to bat.
You can check this by going to the box score.
mgoetze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #68
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

A couple of minor items:

When assigning roles on the Pitching screen, it would be nice if the default usage for Middle Relievers was "Normal usage" rather than "Use less often." I can only speak for myself, but I almost always change it to Normal.

When a player retires, I think the uniform he wears in his retired photo should be from the team at the highest level attained, and if there are multiple teams at that level, the game should go with the team he spent the most time with at that level. As it stands right now, quite often retired players are shown wearing their high school or college uniform (if feeders are turned on), even if they spent several years in the majors. It happens quite often with journeymen who bounced around during their careers and wound up spending the most years with their amateur teams.

Last edited by CobaltJays; 06-11-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Typo
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #69
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoetze View Post
You can check this by going to the box score.
I know, but it'd be great if it was somewhere on the "BNN Broadcast" tab. Very minor, aesthetic thing but I assumed that was the sort of suggestion we were going for here.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #70
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Could you make it possible to peruse the boxscores without having to back out and go back in.
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #71
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

This would probably be difficult to do but I'll share it anyway. This would be for the few of us that prefer historical replay and the old school type stats that are listed on the screen.

I would like to see the normal pitcher/batter boxes to include the Season (current) stats line and under it the Real stats from the season that we are replaying. I'm up in years and don't really care for all the other lines of stats. Such as last year, career, career vs L or R, Bases empty...etc etc.

For these old eyes it's just far too much data on the screen. But the current 'normal' setting omits the up to date current replay stats and the stats from the season that your are replaying.

For this old man it would be great to just have the normal with those two extra rows of stats included. : )

I enjoy the game but sometimes it just carries far too much data for me while playing. And for me the pitch by pitch/play by play script is very well done. Makes the game for me.

Thanks for listening.

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #72
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

I would love a option to disable nicknames.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #73
BeisbolFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

a few more suggestions

Two (hopefully minor) tweaks I'd love to see:

1) With game logs, having hyperlinks on top that will allow you to jump to a specific inning. So if you click '3', you will jump automatically to the top of the 3rd. This would be great for folks like me who sim most of their games and just want to look at scoring innings.

2) Being able to 'bench player for X days' without going into the 'player strategy' screen. For instance, being able to right-click a player's name, and have the 'bench player' option right there. I'm not sure how feasible this would be to put in, but for those of us who play GM-only and don't mess with player strategy settings, this would be great!

3) For the salary report, is it possible to add a column with each player's position? I find it easier to deal with the actual year players are going to arb or free agency, and I would love to be able to export the report sorted by position.

Thanks much!
BeisbolFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #74
diesel230
All Star Reserve

career ending injuries

Hey Markus hope you enjoyed your much deserved vacation.

With career ending injuries, its pretty unrealistic when a player gets injured, its know his career is over and he's released all in the same day of the injury.

Couldn't the player have a pretty serious injury, go on the DL, we possibly get some updates of setbacks and later in the year or in the offseason, its announced that the player wont be coming back from his injury?

Any chance this could be looked into and changed with the upcoming patches?
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #75
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

why not a news item letting you know when a player is fixing to pass another player on the all-time list (i.e. hits, hrs, strikeouts...) and telling you what place on the all-time list that they now sit.

Also another news items letting you know when a player breaks a single season or even a single game record...i think that would be really cool!!!
falkonisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #76
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

Also, don't know if this would be hard to implement, but as I've suggested in the past, an "enter game if" option would be fantastic. Basically, something that allows you to be prompted to go into PBP mode if, say, a record is about to be potentially broken, or there's an ongoing no-hitter, or a long extra inning game, or whatever.

It sucks when the one game you decide to sim ends up being a no-hitter, or an exciting 20-inning game or something like that.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:02 AM   #77
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

For the playoffs it would be nice to see the stats for the season just completed on the game screen batter and pitcher info. Currently it shows the last seasons stats not the season just completed.

John
Mt Fire Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:07 AM   #78
mgoetze
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkonisback View Post
why not a news item letting you know when a player is fixing to pass another player on the all-time list (i.e. hits, hrs, strikeouts...) and telling you what place on the all-time list that they now sit.

Also another news items letting you know when a player breaks a single season or even a single game record...i think that would be really cool!!!
Speaking of news items, I wouldn't mind getting one when my affiliate wins the AAA World Series...
mgoetze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #79
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Sign all Draft Picks to a Contract?

Opt out Clause in Minor League Contract?

E. Call up?

When Shopping Person around like lets says Bobby Bonds and the Mets want not just one person like John Baker but like also would give in it Daniel Murphy,Tim Staffer,3rd 2015 Pick?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #80
Potemkin
Bat Boy

Could we have the ability to customize the milestone numbers? For example, in a fictional league playing an 80 game season, there will not be any 20 game winning pitchers. It would be great to set that to show the 10 game winners.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote