Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #61
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
Markus, since you seem to be answering specific questions, I am hoping that mine was missed above.

Has the problem with the timing of injury substitutions been addressed?
Not yet, but it is on my list. The problem is harder to fix that it seems on the surface, otherwise it would have been taken care of a long time ago...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #62
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Knowing that you would LIKE to fix it is good news enough for me!

Thanks Markus!
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #63
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, fixing this is on my list
please consider a realistic spring training module with a true grapefruit and cactus league with additional stadiums. It will make for such a more realistic experience...not to mention non-roster invitees.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #64
slic1149
Major Leagues

I wanted to drop you a quick note to say that I'm really looking forward to the new trading improvements as well as the graphical depth chart and the ability to prioritize pinch hitters. I have mentioned this in the past and really do hope there will be a day when real life historical stats for the year being played are included on the front page of the player card. I am mistaken or was this a feature of the older OOTP games up to 6.5?

Markus, while I (hopefully) have you here, I wanted to tell you a brief story of what your game has meant to me. Last spring and summer I was laid up with some pretty serious stomach problems. It was difficult for me to get out of bed let alone actually do anything very productive. I got sick right after OOTP13 came out, and to be honest one of the things that helped me get up and at least make it to the computer was OOTP. Even while I was in quite a bit of pain I could always rely on your game to help me concentrate on something other than my own misery. In fact, I even told my doctor about how theraputic you game had been for me. I am doing much better now though I still have flareups that will only be cured with surgery I still spend a lot of time with OOTP. While there are other games I enjoy, yours is the one I turn to almost everyday for enjoyment. Thanks for creating a great game that has helped this "getting older" gamer age a with a little more grace and a lot more pleasure.
slic1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #65
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Markus,

How will international scouting discoveries be handled? In your description of it, you wrote that international leagues can be scouted. Does this only apply to international leagues that have already been created by the player, or are these hidden leagues? If they are hidden, can we select beforehand which nation's "hidden league" to scout, or is it random?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Last edited by Caporegime; 01-24-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #66
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
Markus,

How will international scouting discoveries be handled? In your description of it, you wrote that international leagues can be scouted. Does this only apply to international leagues that have already been created by the player, or are these hidden leagues? If they are hidden, can we select beforehand which nation's "hidden league" to scout, or is it random?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Unless you have these leagues added yourself, they are hidden but can be edited in terms of nationality %. And yes, you can define what nations/regions you want to scout.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #67
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slic1149 View Post
I wanted to drop you a quick note to say that I'm really looking forward to the new trading improvements as well as the graphical depth chart and the ability to prioritize pinch hitters. I have mentioned this in the past and really do hope there will be a day when real life historical stats for the year being played are included on the front page of the player card. I am mistaken or was this a feature of the older OOTP games up to 6.5?

Markus, while I (hopefully) have you here, I wanted to tell you a brief story of what your game has meant to me. Last spring and summer I was laid up with some pretty serious stomach problems. It was difficult for me to get out of bed let alone actually do anything very productive. I got sick right after OOTP13 came out, and to be honest one of the things that helped me get up and at least make it to the computer was OOTP. Even while I was in quite a bit of pain I could always rely on your game to help me concentrate on something other than my own misery. In fact, I even told my doctor about how theraputic you game had been for me. I am doing much better now though I still have flareups that will only be cured with surgery I still spend a lot of time with OOTP. While there are other games I enjoy, yours is the one I turn to almost everyday for enjoyment. Thanks for creating a great game that has helped this "getting older" gamer age a with a little more grace and a lot more pleasure.
Thanks for the kind words

I'll try to add the real stats to the player profile this year!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #68
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Unless you have these leagues added yourself, they are hidden but can be edited in terms of nationality %. And yes, you can define what nations/regions you want to scout.
Outstanding! Thank you.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #69
sth0009
Minors (Single A)

It won't keep me from preordering but, i have to ask.

any planned changes to 'ball flight' graphics (in a play-by-play game) this year?
sth0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #70
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sth0009 View Post
It won't keep me from preordering but, i have to ask.

any planned changes to 'ball flight' graphics (in a play-by-play game) this year?
Probably not in OOTP 14.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #71
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
This looks pretty damn solid overall for a first announcement. You get my money again this year.

One thing I'd like to see changed, however, is how some of the biggest changes to a league can happen with random events and storylines.

Something as big as a team relocating to a new city, league expansion, or a picking/dropping the DH wouldn't happen in a vacuum at the end of the year -- there'd be rumors and chatter and debate in the news throughout the year.

It always bugged me when I'd be simming along, checking in with the league and my team, finish a year, and start out the next year playing against the San Antonio Grizzlies (nee Philadelphia Phillies).
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #72
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Markus,

Is it possible for players generated for the draft (college & high school) to have 3 or 4 years worth of generated stats as opposed to just one? I don't know if it's something you can do, but it would sure help in drafting and make for a more realistic experience. Also, is there any way to expand the field of stats for generated players?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #73
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Not a single mention of online leagues. North surpsing.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #74
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoPeeler View Post
Not a single mention of online leagues. North surpsing.
Andreas is fixing / improving several online-league related issues, however this year we will not add big new features that directly relate to online play.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #75
slic1149
Major Leagues

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words

I'll try to add the real stats to the player profile this year!
Thank you, as others have said, you have really helped make my day.
slic1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #76
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

Marcus, any chance you guys can add some more ethnicities - names to the database files? Such as Latvian, Lithuanian, Israeli, and Hungarian. I already added these myself I just had to swap them out for Filipino, US Historic, Australian, and Pakistani respectively.
gentlemanofleisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #77
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemanofleisure View Post
Marcus, any chance you guys can add some more ethnicities - names to the database files? Such as Latvian, Lithuanian, Israeli, and Hungarian. I already added these myself I just had to swap them out for Filipino, US Historic, Australian, and Pakistani respectively.
Yes, that is indeed on our list...
Old 01-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #78
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

You can count me in, I just ordered it. I've been hooked since OOTP 8 and you have never disappointed me!
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #79
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Has anything FaceGen related been done? There are some suggestions such as home/away uniforms, fixing the slightly off left shoulder, uniform numbers, shadows, etc.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #80
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Andreas is fixing / improving several online-league related issues, however this year we will not add big new features that directly relate to online play.
:/

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote