Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 12-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
roadhouse
Minors (Single A)

Fixed: Help!! Game not recognizing $$ in team budgets.

Trying to make off season trades, but game does not recognize positive $$ in budgets, both mine and other teams. Tried to trade with Atlanta which has $21 million in budget. But message reads Atlanta cannot afford the offered contract ($800,000). Anybody??
roadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
tejdog1
All Star Starter

The formula for that stuff is: Projected Balance + Cash. If this value is a negative number, you have to make up the amount you're trading to them.

So if player X is making 3.5m, and the trade puts them into a -1.2m deficit, you have to send them 1.2m in cash.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
roadhouse
Minors (Single A)

Thanks, but I understand this. It is a sudden problem in the off season...trade have been fine before. I have positive cash & so do other teams; but not allowing us to make trade??!!?? Something is crazy!!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

make sure that cash max is not too high from season to season. Teams will have room for monster extensions but not for trades and/or FA.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhouse View Post
Trying to make off season trades, but game does not recognize positive $$ in budgets, both mine and other teams. Tried to trade with Atlanta which has $21 million in budget. But message reads Atlanta cannot afford the offered contract ($800,000). Anybody??

Can you provide us with a screenshot of your financial page in the game?
To do this, please follow the easy instructions for your Operating System:
  • Mac: Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop.
  • Windows: Press the PrtScn SysRq button located at the upper right of your keyboard. This will copy the captured area to the clipboard. To save it as a file, start Paint: Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint. Next, click Paste then click Save.
After you capture the image and save it, come back here and in your reply scroll down to the Manage Attachments button. Clicking that button will open the Manage Attachments dialogue box. At the top is a place where you can browse for the file and upload it.

As always, if you need any help, please let us know.

Cheers,
Bowtie
OOTP Tech Support

Last edited by Bowtie; 12-09-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
roadhouse
Minors (Single A)

Thanks, but I tried (with my Mac) to follow instructions (command-shift-3) and no screen shot option appeared. Is this correct?? (Sorry to question, I'm a moron with computer.) Other thoughts??? Thanks again.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Does a MAC not have a PrtScn button or a click capture utility?

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhouse View Post
Thanks, but I tried (with my Mac) to follow instructions (command-shift-3) and no screen shot option appeared. Is this correct?? (Sorry to question, I'm a moron with computer.) Other thoughts??? Thanks again.
Sorry. I should have included the following remark in with my reply.

Quote:
Mac OS X captures the entire screen and saves it as a file named like “Screen shot 2012-11-19 at 08.45.00 AM.png” on your desktop.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #9
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Does a MAC not have a PrtScn button or a click capture utility?
No, not that I'm aware of. Below is an example of a Mac keyboard.

Edit: I just Google'd "screen capture utility mac os x" and there are applications you can download but as far as a built-in application/utility like Windows, Mac does not come with any. You have to use the keyboard combination I provided above.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bowtie; 12-09-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
roadhouse
Minors (Single A)

O.K. I am unable to post screenshot (idiot me). However, description of screenshot: Denver proj. budget room $9,427,500. 1 for trade offer yields this message: "Denver cannot afford the contracts of the offered players. Their projected budget room would drop by $498,000 to a total of $8,929,500. C'mon! Obviously there is a glitch here!! Anyone with ideas or suggestions???? Thanks.

Last edited by roadhouse; 12-10-2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: misspelled
Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #11
roadhouse
Minors (Single A)

Fixed it! I realized I had followed a suggestion from this forum to have a max salary (cap). I set this at 20 million. However, a few players already have salaries greater than this. Must have thrown the game for a loop! I reset to $0 max salary and budgets are recognized and trades will now work. Thanks to those who tried to help.