Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 12-04-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
crockies99
Minors (Double A)

Free Agent Signing Problem in Game?

Okay, so I have 6 million dollars left for free agents.

I submitted a contract to a free agent for 3.2 million.

7 days of simming go by and it says "favors offer" next to him in the pending offers screen.

Also, when I go to his contract signing screen, he says he likes the offer and to officially submit it.

Problem is here. Even though I submitted it before the sim, I go to submit the offer officially like it says to do. But when I push the button for it, my owner says that I don't have enough money.

The reason I don't have enough is because 3.2 million is being counted against my available money in "offered contracts."

So, the problem is, I can't officially submit the offer now because since I am offering 3.2 million and I only have 6 million dollar budget and its counting my 3.2 million dollar offer against the available monies.

How do I submit it officially when it thinks I don't have enough money, when I actually do?

Thanks for any help!
crockies99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
crockies99
Minors (Double A)

Does anybody else have this problem or see this is as something that should be fixed?
crockies99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Why do you need to submit the same offer a second time? In the offers tab from the Free Agents screen, are you not listed as the favored bidder? Is the problem that the contract screen is asking you to submit the offer once it has already been submitted?

Are you using the latest patch that was released a few days back?

Last edited by Nutlaw; 12-04-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockies99 View Post
Okay, so I have 6 million dollars left for free agents.

I submitted a contract to a free agent for 3.2 million.

7 days of simming go by and it says "favors offer" next to him in the pending offers screen.

Also, when I go to his contract signing screen, he says he likes the offer and to officially submit it.
Crockies99, I'm sorry to say this but you have confused me here. I thought you said that you submitted the contract offer prior to the 7 days of simming? Why would you need to re-submit the same offer when you already have one on the table waiting for him to make a decision? There is no need to go to his contract signing screen and to officially submit the offer when you have already done that.

Quote:
Problem is here. Even though I submitted it before the sim, I go to submit the offer officially like it says to do. But when I push the button for it, my owner says that I don't have enough money.
Here's the real problem. Prior to the 7 days of simming you submitted an offer. Then for whatever reason you thought you had to submit that same offer a second time. All total that's $6.4M in contract offers when - according to your owner - you only have $6M remaining in budget room to sign free agents - thus putting you $400K over budget.

Quote:
The reason I don't have enough is because 3.2 million is being counted against my available money in "offered contracts."
The reason you don't have enough is because not $3.2M but more like $6.4M is being counted against your available money in offered contracts since you mistakenly submitted 2 $3.2M offers to 1 player.

Quote:
So, the problem is, I can't officially submit the offer now because since I am offering 3.2 million and I only have 6 million dollar budget and its counting my 3.2 million dollar offer against the available monies.

How do I submit it officially when it thinks I don't have enough money, when I actually do?
The way I'm understanding this is you already have officially submitted 2 $3.2M contract offers to this player and you should receive a decision soon from that player whether he accepts or rejects your offer.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote