Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Is time passing that quickly?

It's not like these guys have fallen off the face of the earth. Certainly, the list is not complete by any means. It's not meant to be list at all, or in any order whatsoever. I was just scolling through old emails that led me to old threads, etc... and I noticed a number of familiar names aren't so familiar any longer.

Maybe they're using some invisible setting. Who knows? But I do know I miss their posts and contributions. As I looked back, it seems a majority were last around August or before, some as long as April since they logged in at all. It might be temporary: the season, the real life, the latest version, or any number of things. But people leave holes; they left some.

Dan Theman
Kyros
sfgiants88
Zeyes
jmm8356
Cuss16
Jayzone
halofan26
disposableheros
kq76
Draft Dodger
SoxWin
cknox0723
Twelvefield
Kyros
Ankit
Waninski
Hammer
gmo (think he just resurfaced)
Filthy Slider
Old 01-19-2008, 01:04 AM   #2
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
People come and go like grains of sand on a beach. Life goes on.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:48 AM   #3
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Draft Dodger

he still posts, just not here. The OTBL is where you'll find him now.
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:15 AM   #4
Anisoptera
Minors (Double A)

I saw gmo online one night recently. Being a fan of his schedules I was going to PM him and say thanks for his contribution, but I figured since he hasn't posted in so long he may want to just be left alone.
Anisoptera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:51 AM   #5
JoeRockEHF
All Star Reserve

Wow, guess I wasn't the only one whose been away. I miss the good ol' days.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:21 AM   #6
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

These are the good old days.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
These are the good old days.
Incorrect.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed View Post
Incorrect.
NOT. You see any flame wars or hating going on? Not any more. These are the good old days.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:11 PM   #9
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
NOT. You see any flame wars or hating going on? Not any more. These are the good old days.
If good means 75% of the board left to other pastures, then it's an intresting definition of good.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #10
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed View Post
If good means 75% of the board left to other pastures, then it's an intresting definition of good.
If your idea of a good board is one full of trouble, flames, and hating then it's your definition that's "intresting."

Old 01-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #11
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If your idea of a good board is one full of trouble, flames, and hating then it's your definition that's "intresting."
You've been here just over a year and a half. Trust me, this place is a shell of what it once was. The 'leaders' are gone.

Quiet now? Yes, for the most part, but that's more easily attained with drastically fewer people on here regularly.

There used to be 150 to 200 registered members on here at any one time. Now, its rare when I see greater than 50 members online at one time.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #12
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

I thought you were a leader.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #13
JoeRockEHF
All Star Reserve

The flame wars never bothered me that much. Maybe 'cause I only really posted in the Mods forum. I know I could always come here for a good read or laugh though anytime.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #14
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
You've been here just over a year and a half. Trust me, this place is a shell of what it once was. The 'leaders' are gone.

Quiet now? Yes, for the most part, but that's more easily attained with drastically fewer people on here regularly.

There used to be 150 to 200 registered members on here at any one time. Now, its rare when I see greater than 50 members online at one time.
^^^
now this guy. He gets it because he was here for the good old days.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #15
Zoso1515
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (2)
And GR has really cut his posting rate in the last month or two....
Zoso1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:16 PM   #16
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post

<TABLE style="MARGIN-TOP: 5px" cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=sqtdq colSpan=2>“The man who lets a leader prescribe his course is a wreck being towed to the scrap heap.”

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2> Ayn Rand quotes

I'm getting to the point where I fail to see your point, Cooleyvol. When I have tried to address you directly in other threads, you don't answer or expand to help me understand. I have to wonder what's to gain by persisting with this observation, true or not. If true, so what? Really. So what? I miss the ideas, conversation, and observations of many of the posters I listed. I don't remember any leaders, just contributors. But as to this mythic group and undefined cause you continue to foster, I'm simply at a loss.

What were they leading? Who were they leading? What was the impetus? Wasn't it, at some point, driving the game toward what it became? I just don't know. Why aren't these "leaders" active in the forums that support their versions, or their notions, or their ideas, or your ideas? Community can survive change, it can survive loss, it can survive evolution.

I have to agree with Wolf on this one, life goes on. Why aren't you? Are you launching a campaign for change or complaint? No harm in pointing out the anchor you'd have us cast into the water's past, but carrying it makes for quite the heavy cross.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 01-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #17
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Why aren't you?
Actually he was one of the ones that I was referring too that left for other pastures. And he does have a point. The activity level in all forums is half of what it was when I first arrived here.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:05 AM   #18
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

And, since it's now virtually trouble-free, it's ten times as useful and valuable.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:18 AM   #19
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And, since it's now virtually trouble-free, it's ten times as useful and valuable.
Being at 10% operating efficiency and having no problems is better then 100% but having some issues? I'll keep the lack of boat rocking in mind when I see someone waiting for a mod for a long time, or dynasty creation at possibly it's lowest level since I've joined. But hey, no-one makes waves, so it's all good right?
Old 01-20-2008, 02:01 AM   #20
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

Looking forward is most often more benificial than looking backwards. Some people cant handle change some people wont handle change and some people enjoy change. Its a personality trait and normally adaptive is positive.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote