Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

No LT, No Rivers, No problem. Colts C-H-O-K-E at home

I'm pretty happy right now I must say, although the Chargers are going to be just as hard to beat as the Colts would have been.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Did Marvin Harrison miss the whole game? I only saw the last drive.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
Jonzard
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I'm pretty happy right now I must say, although the Chargers are going to be just as hard to beat as the Colts would have been.
Not if they have no LT or Rivers.
For a scientist must indeed be freely imaginative and yet skeptical, creative and yet a critic. There is a sense in which he must be free, but another in which his thought must be very precisely regimented; there is poetry in science, but also a lot of bookkeeping. — Sir Peter B. Medawar
FTB
Jonzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
JoeRockEHF
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev View Post
Did Marvin Harrison miss the whole game? I only saw the last drive.
I don't know how long he played but I believe it was his first catch of the game and fumbled the ball to San Diego that set them up for the drive to tie the game up at 7-7.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonzard View Post
Not if they have no LT or Rivers.
Yeah, well I'm just assuming they will play. hurt or not. To come that far and not play.....
Old 01-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
No Harrison, no Freeney.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
No Harrison, no Freeney.
Harrison played.

Shoulda won anyway IMO
Old 01-13-2008, 09:56 PM   #8
PlayTheKids
Banned

Quote:
No Harrison, no Freeney.
Meh. Harrison played hurt, just like Gates. Freeney's been gone since Week 10 and they won 6 in a row after he went down. Nobody said they would lose before the game because he was out. No excuses now.

Great job by the Bolts.
PlayTheKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:12 PM   #9
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
I went 2/2 today. Wanted the Chargers and Giants so the Pats and Packers have the easy road to the Super Bowl. If I was a Packer and/or Patriot fan today...I'm ecstatic.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #10
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorseMoose View Post
I went 2/2 today. Wanted the Chargers and Giants so the Pats and Packers have the easy road to the Super Bowl. If I was a Packer and/or Patriot fan today...I'm ecstatic.
Even more so that LT and Rivers are at the very least banged up. The funny thing is that everyone thought that Jacksonville would have at the very least soften up the Pats with their physical play, but as far as I know, not one Patriot is any worse for the wear after that game.
Meanwhile The SD-Indy game was a brutual slugfest. Go figure
Old 01-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #11
Prior81
Major Leagues

Brutal choke job by the Colts. As a fan, I cannot wait for this season to end fast enough. Just seemed plagued from the Marvin injury on this year. I hate losing to the Chargers and I certainly can't root for the Pats.
Prior81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #12
USN Squid
All Star Reserve

Colts gave that game away. Refs tried their hardest to hand it to them, and they wouldn't take it.
USN Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #13
mh2365
Banned

No one was making excuses just showing both teams played without top players. Chargers had won like 6 of the last 7 against the Colts also like 8 of 11 in the dome. (guessing at the #'s but I am probably pretty close) .... The only choke job was by the media and the odds makers. Chargers have owned the Colts over the past few years.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #14
PlayTheKids
Banned

Quote:
Chargers had won like 6 of the last 7 against the Colts also like 8 of 11 in the dome. (guessing at the #'s but I am probably pretty close)
Not exactly: The Chargers hold a 14-8 advantage in the all-time regular season series with the Colts, including the aforementioned 23-21 home win when the teams met in Week 10 and the 26-17 road upset in 2005. The Chargers lost the three previous head-to-head meetings, including a 34-31 overtime affair at the RCA Dome in 2004.

So coming into this, the Chargers had won the last 2 and the Colts 3 of the last 5.

They had split the last two at the Dome. Go beyond that and you're in the 1990s which, of course, has no relevance now., though the Colts won the previous time in the dome as well, 17-12 in 1998.

I don't do this to bust on you, I was legitimately curious when you mentioned these stats because I didn't know them. So please take no offense.
PlayTheKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #15
Raderick
Hall Of Famer

I hate it when people say "Team X gave it away". Chargers won the game, the Colts lost. You can explain how the Colts didn't capitalize on their chances but call a spade a spade, the Chargers won the game.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #16
His Own Bad Self
All Star Starter

If athletes were paid for all the times they were falsely accused of choking, they could all afford to play for free.
His Own Bad Self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:42 PM   #17
FrancoeurFranks7
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawgsenior View Post
If athletes were paid for all the times they were falsely accused of choking, they could all afford to play for free.
AMEN! You can't just lose a game anymore, you always choke it away. At least that is how a lot of people see it.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:51 AM   #18
Prodigal Son
All Star Starter

The Chargers have a good offense. Rivers made a lot of tough throws, and the O-line came through with some hard-earned yards in the second half.

That said, the Colts offense pissed this one down its leg. Colts D held SD's high-powered, league-elite offense to just one score in the first half, but the Colts turned the ball over in the red zone on a Harrison fumble in the first half, then went on to turn another over in the red zone on a Kenton Keith dropped pass (on the 1-yard line), and had a good pass skip off of Wayne's hands and into a defender's for the INT. Three turnovers, all in the red zone, all caused by the offense (taken advantage of by the defense, no doubt, but opportunities the offense should have prevented). It was the worst-played game by the Colts since...well, last time they played San Diego. But that's part of football. The Chargers didn't turn it over as much, they converted on some important third downs, and they capitalized on the turnover opportunities that they received. Give them credit. Rivers looked pretty good, Volek showed why he's a valuable team member, and Norv Turner showed that he is a first-class whiner (and rightfully so, with regards to most of the calls).

Bottom line is that the Colts didn't deserve to win, and the Chargers had a nice combination of quality execution on their behalf and some piss-poor play by the Colts to come away with the W.

The Pats should roll the Chargers, but a healthy Chargers O is tough to stop. It'll be interesting/important to see who is ready to go. The only way I see the Pats having trouble is if Merriman is having a big day. And if Rivers is healthy and continues his impersonation of a young Tom Brady coming into his own. LT will be a big factor in the second half if the game is close, otherwise he won't have as much say in this game as one would think. I say the Chargers keep it close at half until the Pats pull away early in the fourth quarter and win 34-24ish.
Prodigal Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:40 AM   #19
mh2365
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTheKids View Post
Not exactly: The Chargers hold a 14-8 advantage in the all-time regular season series with the Colts, including the aforementioned 23-21 home win when the teams met in Week 10 and the 26-17 road upset in 2005. The Chargers lost the three previous head-to-head meetings, including a 34-31 overtime affair at the RCA Dome in 2004.

So coming into this, the Chargers had won the last 2 and the Colts 3 of the last 5.

They had split the last two at the Dome. Go beyond that and you're in the 1990s which, of course, has no relevance now., though the Colts won the previous time in the dome as well, 17-12 in 1998.

I don't do this to bust on you, I was legitimately curious when you mentioned these stats because I didn't know them. So please take no offense.
Yeah I was going by memory of a stat they put up on the screen.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #20
Prior81
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawgsenior View Post
First, the Chargers obviously won the game.

That being said, the Colts were playing at home, with the refs helping their cause, against a team with its starting QB & RB injured on the bench.
Again, another great regular season, with 2-3 weeks of byes or not playing 100%, and a first round home playoff loss.

How was this not a choke by the Colts?
Prior81 is offline   Reply With Quote