Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
Beach23BoyP
Major Leagues

Nothing Against OOTP2007 ....

I think it "is" a great BB sim, but I'm glad I went back to 6.51a. Just the right amount of depth. I sleep better now.

OOTP 2007 and Football Manager 2007 (and now 08) required too much thinking. At 57 -- I need to relax. I don't need a second job.

Again, nothing against OOTP2007. I just think 6.51a is all but perfect. Thanks Markus!

BTW, I'll still buy OOTP9.
Beach23BoyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

I am with you on this. i have tried to like 07 but i just can't. navigation is clumsy and setting up a league is a P.I.T.A. so I went back to 6.5 & all is right in the world again. 07 is a classic case of feature overload. a game manual that is that big should send out warning signs. The game is overly complicated for the casual gamer. & the UI (IMO) is awfull I just don't how they can make it work

I doubt I'll buy 9. but we'll see.

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
RJB7777777
Minors (Triple A)

I'm with both of you Guy's. I'm 58 and had a really hard time with OOTP2006. My Son and I run a On-Line League and we gave OOTP2006 a 30 Day Trial. We Sim 3 Games a Day, 7 Days a Week so it was a good Trial Period. It took my Son a long time getting everything moved over to 2006 and then to scrap it. The Guy's in our League voted to go back to OOTP6.5a and since we've up-dated to 6.51. I think if 6.51 could be up-dated to allow a Rookie Minor League, say a 82 Game Schedule it would make this great Game a even greater Game. Wish there was some way they could go back to this one and up-date it and give us a chance to Buy a new version of it. They could keep the 2007 Version and a version like 6.51.

Thanks, Rick
No-Hit ~ St Louis Cardinals
SCB ~ New York Mets
XHL ~ Toronto Maple Leafs
JADSBL ~ Detroit Cobras Asst GM
JADSBL ~ Player Handler
EPL ~ Player Handler
Retro Baseball ~ Washington Nationals

ATHFBL Web Site ~ www.athfbl.com/
ATHFBL League Page ~ http://www.athfbl.com/league/
ATHFBL E-Mail Address ~ ATHFBL@gmail.com

AIM ~ ATHFBL Rick
Yahoo ~ ATHFBL_Rick
RJB7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:57 PM   #4
marioh
All Star Starter

Preaching to the choir man.

I'm still running 6.12 (with CATO), and enjoying it.
marioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
hayesb26
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioh View Post
Preaching to the choir man.

I'm still running 6.12 (with CATO), and enjoying it.
here here!! theres still a large number of us around.
hayesb26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #6
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

my current league

http://jazzrack.us/stuff/jazz/cato/index.html

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:46 AM   #7
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post
I am with you on this. i have tried to like 07 but i just can't. navigation is clumsy and setting up a league is a P.I.T.A. so I went back to 6.5 & all is right in the world again. 07 is a classic case of feature overload. a game manual that is that big should send out warning signs. The game is overly complicated for the casual gamer. & the UI (IMO) is awfull I just don't how they can make it work

I doubt I'll buy 9. but we'll see.
Yeah, I've finally thrown in the towel and have gone back to 6.5. I have absolutely nothing against OOTP2007 and like alot of its features, but as a casual gamer, its too overwhelming for me. I've just bought new copies of OOTP6 & 6.5, downloaded Killebrew's minor league player photos, the Stickware schedule generator & oldtimer's Manager Mode toggle for my fictional league and now I'm a happy camper!
Old 12-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #8
Beach23BoyP
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach23BoyP View Post
I think it "is" a great BB sim, but I'm glad I went back to 6.51a. Just the right amount of depth. I sleep better now.

OOTP 2007 and Football Manager 2007 (and now 08) required too much thinking. At 57 -- I need to relax. I don't need a second job.

Again, nothing against OOTP2007. I just think 6.51a is all but perfect. Thanks Markus!

BTW, I'll still buy OOTP9.
Well -- I bought OOTP8 and I like it quite a bit. I guess 6.51a is history. It was great fun.
Beach23BoyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:56 PM   #9
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

I play both 2007 and 6.5 as well as Puresim. I like all the games and use each game for what it does best. I like 2007 because I can create players with the facegen and export them to the other games......

I like Puresim and OOTP 6.5 because they are simple games. I like 2007 when I want to get under the hood and build my association with expansion, a full history and such.....

I like them all and just recently bought DDS:Pro Basketball, Fast Break Basketball 2001 and for my football fix I play UFL 2.3 (which is free by the way).....

I guess I have no real life other than my fictional sports simulations.....
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:22 AM   #10
JoeRockEHF
All Star Reserve

Whenever I get around to playing I always try and fool around with OOTP 2006 (haven't got 2007/8 yet) but always end up going back to 6.5.

Guess I'm an old timer since playing v2 and getting used to the interface throughout the years, lol.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #11
Jestre
All Star Reserve

I feel the same way, I have tried 2007 time and again and I just can't get into it. Just too much interface overload, every screen is way too busy, everything takes too many screens to get too. I hate the manager mode you have to use.
Now I use 6.5 for my online league I commish and Puresim for my solo leagues. Now that Shaun Sullivan is back working on Puresim I have an alternative.