Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:21 PM   #1
clamel
All Star Starter

After this last Patch. My players don't move. FIXED (Bad DL)

OK,
They moved with the original setup and no patches. I got this last one 20.2.33 and now the field just stand there. The ball flies out alright but not even a swing.

I reinstalled the "starting" exe.files and they move again.

So am I the only one having this or did something changed.

Since the OOB I just not changed anything in watching the game play out. So what happend ???

Last edited by clamel; 04-22-2019 at 04:44 PM.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:01 AM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

cabrera-itis?

double check gpu drivers. make sure it's up-to-date. double check graphics settings in game? don't think anything causes that, though, lol.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:27 PM   #3
clamel
All Star Starter

I changed nothing between first install and this new patch.

Telling to make an overhaul of the PC is just ridiculous. Got to be other reasons. If the graphic worked before why not now ?.
I got the latest version anyhow, but always a bit ****faced when folks say almost re-install windows as a whole.
Next suggestion. Buy a new PC.

That's quick and dirty.

Guess it's only me so perhaps I got a faulty DL or something went wrong in the install. In all the years this has never happend.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #4
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
I changed nothing between first install and this new patch.
Guess it's only me so perhaps I got a faulty DL or something went wrong in the install. In all the years this has never happend.
Yes, probably corrupt d/l. Re-download and re-patch... You might want to back up your save(s) first
Harry Hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:17 AM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

double checking gpu drivers isn't an overhaul. and, it's probably the most common cause of graphics issues. the incredulity is misplaced, i assure you, lol. while not an expert, i know a thing or two about computers. i've used them since i was ~4 years old. how many 4 year olds can boot up a program on a c64?

why wouldn't it work? if it updates, things change. sometimes it's to keep up with new drivers. on the other hand, downloads are rarely 'faulty'. there is 'error-control' involved with the protocol used to download. also, if it's corrupt download, it very unlikely can run at all to install it.

if you have a constant problem with erroneous downloads, i'd look into your router or wi-fi and see if you are getting a ton of "uncorrectable" packets. it's in there somewhere for most firmware/brands. it should be "0", and anything above that is a really bad sign. you would know if it's a problem becuase you likely reset router often due to poor service. if any d/l stream isn't "locked" or shows a bunch of uncorrectable packets, you have bad wiring or some other issue - inside house or from box outside.

it takes a matter of moments to check gpu drivers. it's nothing like re-installing windows, and it's the first thing you should check because it is so easy and very likely the cause of a graphics issue. the fact no one else is having the issue means it's a local problem.

when it comes to games, it is actually very important to keep your GPU drivers up-to-date. things change more often than you think. intel integrated graphics are more likely to run into issues than a non-integrated 'real' 3d video card, too. they take longer to update things, or they simply stop keeping them up-to-date, if old.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-21-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:43 PM   #6
clamel
All Star Starter

Well the problem solved MY WAY.
I tackled problem from the end of the last changed thing. In this case the exe-file. Re- dowloaded it and installed it again.
Now it's working.

Nice for you knowing a lot about computers. I only been with the damn things since early 80s. Handled every aspect from the glory days of IBM Big Blues until today complicating PC/Windows versions. That's why I think I too know a little bit about on what can cause a problem. Nowadays I hire bright young blokes to mess around "inside" the bloody things .

My angle perhaps is more go for the cause then something more general like drivers, upgrading various other pgm and sometimes tricky dll-files. Todays PC are so much more complicated than in the earlier versions so you are right one never knows what causing the problem. Good thing is always to step backward one step at a time, checking things that way.

I've read that faulty DL have been on in the past, but first time for me. Then again it might have been the install itself, not the file.
Guessing work is a lot in this business, isn't it

I did post this "question" if something indeed had happend and one or two things in options needed to be corrected/changed. That has also gone on in the past. Better safe than sorry.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:05 AM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

then, you would know drivers are the most common problem with a graphics issue and that corrupt downloads are extremely rare... if they aren't rare for you, you have a serious problem elsewhere in your setup or your ISP.

i simply went with highest probabilty given context. corrupt downloads should be extremely rare. game loads but only a graphics problem? i still doubt it was the actualy a corrupt ootpxxsetup.exe and rather something after that point. it's usually difficult to unpack a corrupted archive without knowing it is corrupted (the app would say something or simply not unpack).

i feel your frustration with the suggestion, though. when you call tech support they always do the same things that are 99% useless for anyone that knows how to maintain a computer.

graphics drivers will change how something works during the life of your GPU, guaranteed. i'd bet it's >90% of all issues a user can experience when they see a problem with a game's graphics for obvious reasons. the incredulity was unfounded and misplaced, lol.