Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #81
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I have to agree that the OP came in with a chip on his shoulder. Now i can understand being upset because he lost his data but i didnt get the impression he wanted any help but rather just to vent his anger. I dont think Wolf was wrong. Imo the OP was the one who was basically telling people to take the game and shove it. He may not have said it but it seemed to be implied.

Wolf simply stated the fact that if you dont save its your fault. I didnt catch Wolf calling the op an idiot for not backing up. Its just the truth. I lost a league before because i didnt save. While i dont expect people here to curse at me or call me dirty names i could not blame Wolf or anyone else that said its all my fault for not saving or making a backup.

It seems more like the arguing was with other posters than with the op.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #82
orwell
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Orwell, you really, really want to start a huge flamewar, don't you?

Keep on trying to provoke me, by all means. I'm really enjoying the show.

Hint: you could try more insults. Or, alternatively, you could just read the whole thread for the first time and see how totally wrong you are about everything.

In the meantime I will just keep on laughing at you.
Congratulations! You have been awarded a Last Word Certificate (LWC), officially signifying you got the last word in a debate about [insert debate topic] on [insert date]. As far as you know, this is an accomplishment.

(Please note that a LWC does not mean you won the debate, although it is quite common for recipients to interpret them in that fashion.)
Old 06-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #83
orwell
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Orwell, please go back and re-read the OP. The OP himself said he was done with OOTP and was switching over to BM. That means he was voluntarily jumping over the cliff. No shove needed here.

And please let it go as is. Even me - a member of Tech Support - does not have any sympathy for him. If he would have done this same thing over in support, he very likely would be ignored in an unbecoming manner. If the OP would have refrained from name calling I may have some sympathy. But again he chose to step over the line.

May peace be with all.
I understand - and I already conceded the OP could be an idiot. My only point is that sometimes (especially if you're advocating a product) it's worth meeting irrationality/emotion/anger with empathy, as difficult as that might be. Regardless of his attitude, I don't think "you should have saved your game more often" is typically the best opening move against a rant about lockups (even though of course it could have been something entirely unrelated to OOTP that caused it). But I do hope the game is so successful that we can tell all irate customers to get lost (I mean that without sarcasm).

Don't worry, I'm done with this thread. The wolf got his last word, and we are all, I'm sure, much the wiser for it.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #84
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell View Post
I understand - and I already conceded the OP could be an idiot. My only point is that sometimes (especially if you're advocating a product) it's worth meeting irrationality/emotion/anger with empathy, as difficult as that might be. Regardless of his attitude, I don't think "you should have saved your game more often" is typically the best opening move against a rant about lockups (even though of course it could have been something entirely unrelated to OOTP that caused it). But I do hope the game is so successful that we can tell all irate customers to get lost (I mean that without sarcasm).

Don't worry, I'm done with this thread. The wolf got his last word, and we are all, I'm sure, much the wiser for it.
Stop acting like an idiot. There you go, issue sorted.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #85
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Congratulations! You have been awarded a Last Word Certificate (LWC), officially signifying you got the last word in a debate about [insert debate topic] on [insert date]. As far as you know, this is an accomplishment.

(Please note that a LWC does not mean you won the debate, although it is quite common for recipients to interpret them in that fashion.)
Gee willikers orwell. Now you've really went and done it. I wish I had better things to say....but...

We interrupt this post with a BNN Special Report. At an emergency meeting last night of the Wolves, they discussed their options about what to do with orwell, the OOTP Community Member whom approached The Wolf with a Last Word Certificate. It is now being reported that The Wolf has made a decision. The Wolf had just one thing to say to orwell....

Name:  Donald Trump_You're Fired.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  23.0 KB

This has been a BNN Special Report. We now return to regular posting.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #86
HH20xx convert
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
Yeah I tried that. If I right-click on him, the game stops working. If I go into his player profile and click on the Action button at the bottom to delete or retire him, the options never come up and the game crashes. It's really weird because I can sim games with no problems and I can do everything else normally. I just can't get rid of Cabrera -- yet. I know there is a way to do it and I hope the database purge helps me.
How did you get rid of Cabrera? This cropped up for me a few OOTP versions ago, and with my limited computer skills I was stumped. Of course, I just found out about the purge function around a month ago, so perhaps I am just mildly clueless. Anyway, I hope you will post how you resolved this (successfully, I hope!).
Old 06-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #87
da commish
All Star Reserve

can't re-start game

Crap, I was playing the 2013 Twins, now in April, 2019, when I can no longer start the game. I get some error message basically saying there's a problem and OOTP shuts down. Oh, well, good thing I had made a back-up as of 12/31/18 so I only lost the off-season, spring training and a few games of the 2019 season (which wasn't starting off well). So I loaded up the backup and started over again as of 1/1/19 and to my surprise, the offer I had made to Aroldis Chapman that kept on getting bid up by other teams in my original game (to the point where I could not afford him and he signed elsewhere) was accepted at a much lower cost!!!! Whoopee - that crash and subsequent re-start from my back-up turned out to be the best thing that has happened to my Twins in 2019!!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #88
edl129
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hahahahahah
Old 06-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #89
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #90
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Gee willikers orwell. Now you've really went and done it. I wish I had better things to say....but...

We interrupt this post with a BNN Special Report. At an emergency meeting last night of the Wolves, they discussed their options about what to do with orwell, the OOTP Community Member whom approached The Wolf with a Last Word Certificate. It is now being reported that The Wolf has made a decision. The Wolf had just one thing to say to orwell....

Attachment 292315

This has been a BNN Special Report. We now return to regular posting.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #91
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

there's a lot of good material around here.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #92
CommishJoe
Global Moderator

I think this thread has outlived it's usefulness. Closing....

Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.
Closed Thread