Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #1
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Season 21 Discussion thread

It's official! Perfect Team 2.0 turns 21.

Our little baby's all grown up!

Of course, in Germany Australia PT 2.0 could drink three seasons ago...

Post your news here

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb

Last edited by BigRed75; 08-12-2019 at 10:39 AM.
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #2
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes got promoted to gold, and having looked at the other teams aroudn I have to say yikes, lots of perfects, lots of diamonds. The only changes I've made are bringing in 90 Pedro and the Live Soto, the rest of my PP will go on upgrading at Catcher, Lavalliere has been solid but I need a better bat

Ban News Bulldogs stay in silver but are transformed by a huge diaomnd pack pull, in come Jose Rijo, Paul Derringer, Pete Donohue at Sp, and almost a full new lineup including Peak Rose, Eric Davis, SE Pinson, SE Concepcion, hopefully if my auctions sell i can also bring in peak Larkin. I've done all of the reds collection so its just a case of saving for the top end players now

Neuman Furshlugginers snuck into silver with a gold starting pitching staff and silver lineup/pen, and will be continuing that regardless, Jim Ray Hart at 3b, Tony Gwynn at RF and Lance Johnson at CF are the additions

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:44 AM   #3
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
...Of course, in Germany PT 2.0 could drink three seasons ago...
actually 5 seasons ago

b2t: I'm trying something different this season. Switched out some players that produced with the bat but gave it all away with sloppy defense and replaced them with above average defenders but so-so bats.

I already had one of the very best hitting teams and pitching teams in Gold last season but below average defense, so maybe balancing out my team a bit more will actually lead to a better record.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:51 AM   #4
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
It's official! Perfect Team 2.0 turns 21.

Our little baby's all grown up!

Of course, in Germany PT 2.0 could drink three seasons ago...

Post your news here
Well, actually, seven seasons ago, as long as PT was then accompanied by its caretaker, or five if not accompanied and only purchasing beer and wine.

Because how's a 16-year-old ever going to get drunk from beer and wine alone.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #5
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Fresh off the first PL championship in franchise history, the Dolphins find themselves in a much more forgiving division in Perfect .434 this season. But there's a monster of a division in the same conference, with two teams sharing a combined 9 PL titles between them over in the NC East -- the Whatever Whatever (great team name!) and the Greyjoy Kraken. That's going to be a dogfight. There are a couple of big dogs over in the AC, too, along with the other Louisville Colonels. My only off-season tweak was picking up 100 DiMaggio who had already been trained up at RF, who will join Turkey Stearnes in LF and SE Rickey Henderson in CF, sending Trout to a super-sub role.

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:40 AM   #6
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I stand corrected.

I have updated the post. I should have said Australia all along but went with Germany because, you know, Markus.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #7
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Have fun this week everyone!

I'm excited for the first season of the Milwaukee Northern Alliance (any team above Milwaukee in geographical latitude), and I'm hopeful my two Perfect teams can battle to stay up despite me selling some of their more valuable stars for the rebuilds I haven't figured out yet. I got a PL Playoff place last time so I'm all good for this week
Old 08-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #8
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Last week's call to be placed in a whale-free division went unheeded.

In the AC East of P412 this week, the Frogs will have to deal with 2 whales (Team To Be Determined and Texas Phenoms) as well as one lefty-overload team and one righty-overload team. So, basically this could be the most annoying division placement ever...

Other teams of note in P412: Brooklyn Dodgers (AC Central) and Pineville Phantoms (NC Central). I could easily see these two teams in the PL series on Sunday.

There's also a hard-to-spell team with what looks like a Welsh name managed by "JeffR"--I only include this nugget because I think JeffR has about a billion teams in PT. I feel like there's a JeffR or JeffR2 or JeffR3 team in my league every week and they're all doing the lefty-overload thing.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 08-12-2019 at 12:17 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:30 PM   #9
Magus978
All Star Starter

Coming off 103 wins and an anger-inducing LCS exit to an inferior team, the Brooklyn Dynasty are playing in P408, and again it's a fair league. No real uberwhales, a few whale-like clubs that are beatable, and the rest is very competitive. Got a 2-time PL champion in my division (Eden Gladiators), as well as Dishnet's Motor City Togers. This one's gonna be a nice league to keep an eye on this week.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #10
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Bombers were placed in P402 and looks to have a few great teams: Spearfish Blackhawks (.743 WPct), Bayou WhoDats (.681 Wpct), Fort Lee Christies (.648 Wpct), Brooklyn Dodgers (.615 Wpct) just to name a few.

The only changes with the previous year is bringing Ken Griffey Jr, Babe Ruth for Connor and Bell. Cap Anson will man 1B with Boggs as his back-up and Babe will mostly DH and be a backup for RF here and there. But my starting DH will remain King Kelly, so the Babe will have to work for that job

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:16 PM   #11
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Two teams up to Gold, and the Coons, well… the Coons… the Coons are sad.

Remarkably, the Rebs promoted last week without a single roster change. I just ran out of clue at some point, it seems.

The Accountants violently discarded 1937 Joe DiMaggio, the schmuck, but at least made some 6k PP in profit on that disaster. Not that 1951 Bobby Thomson has been very special so far. There *is* a Ralph Branca card in the game, right?

Currently sitting on some 30k with that team and looking for upgrades to the pen, short, and maybe catcher? But I can't make up my mind right now. But I need more D at short, it's the only real weak spot besides PEEEEETE at first base.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:20 PM   #12
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

My favorite Monday lunchtime activity...

...scrolling through the posts in the current season thread to see if my Huntley Red Raiders or Suburban Sox are in the same leagues as anyone who's posted. Haven't seen anyone so far...

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:25 PM   #13
old timer
Hall Of Famer

It had to happen at some point, I guess. The Raccoons find themselves in a 24 team league. There are no whales and the only other mini-whale (as far as I can tell) are the Cleveland Crushers which are in the other conference. There are some other good teams of course, like the Sachse Roughnecks and the Las Vegas Aces (we beat them in the 1st round last season, but only barely) and the Miami Jaws. There's also another negro themed team in my league again, the Homestead Grays.

I miss being in a league where there are teams to fear. I'm almost tempted to join the whale league for one season just to see how we'll do against some of those top teams (we're not a whale, but we're usually competitive against such teams). But maybe I'll just wait for tournaments for that experience. Or maybe not.

Last edited by old timer; 08-12-2019 at 02:40 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #14
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I made some changes last season to some strategy settings and to my lineup (changes that I've never tried before) and you know what I learned from those changes? Nothing. But I'll keep using those changes for now since they make sense to me.

So this season I'm trying some changes that will be easy to tell if they're working or not. I've altered the roles of my bullpen in a way that I've never tried before that I'm hoping will use my relievers in ways that I prefer more often. If it works out, I'll post the changes.

At the moment the Raccoons are 9-1, but 5 of my starters are only hitting .200 or less and yet our team average is .303 (Appling is 16 for 32 and Keeler's, well hitting like Keeler).

Speaking of 99 Appling, he led the league in WAR last year and has been even better than I'd hoped. I wanted to get 100 Brett, but now I'm not sure. I've got Appling at 3B and Zimmerman (or Lajoie) are very good at 1B, though Brett would be better. Maybe I'll get Brett and let him play either 3B or 1B depending on how the others are doing. If I sold Lajoie, that would help fund getting Brett and then it would be an easy decision to put Brett in at 1B.

Decisions, decisions. At this point, I really like everyone on my team and while there are better players, I really hate getting rid of anyone even if it means making the team better.

Last edited by old timer; 08-12-2019 at 03:04 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:15 PM   #15
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Finished at 82-80 (90-72 pythag) last season in Bronze League running my 'Non-Live' card roster. Kept the emphasis on a favorable hitting ballpark but nobody really showcased last year outside of DH Roger Maris (27 HR, 80 RBI, 149 OPS+) and on the pitching side relying on CL Dennis Eckersley (1.59 ERA, 34 Saves, 90 K vs 5 BB in 62.1 IP, 252 ERA+). Oral Hershiser was arguably my best SP with a 123 ERA+ around a 16-11 record with a 3.24 ERA in 225 IP.

Currently my squad's sitting at 5-6 this year and I've made several moves to try and shore my team up: Added John Smiley as a long reliever, added in 1B Gil Hodges to platoon with Travis Fryman and benched 3B Wayne Garrett keeping Eric Chavez as my sole 3B, also platooning Juan Soto (2018 Rookie Sensation) with Josh Willingham in LF whilst benching Phil Plantier, and swapped out CF Tony Armas (25 HR, 76 RBI, 102 OPS+ last year) with Rocky Colavito in hopes of training Rocky up defensively while getting a hitter who should get on base more.

Last edited by DawnBTVS; 08-12-2019 at 04:16 PM.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:23 PM   #16
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

So some random thoughts for conversation on a Monday afternoon, where after poking some fun yesterday that I was hoping another team would do what I failed to do, beat Exeter in the playoffs, this year Exeter traveled leagues with me, and we ended up in the same division. So this week, it's all about winning the Wild Card game...162 games for the winner take all shot to go further....love baseball!

This is the first time in 5 seasons that I'm without Joe Morgan, who during those 5 seasons was, I felt, the engine of my offense. First at 2B until his glove just killed me, and then at DH. .275/.390/.475, with just enough power, and plenty of speed. 10 games in, and I think I'm already missing him, whether or not he actually was the engine or not is open for debate but more importantly I felt like he was.... any other players that you have had that you felt the same way about? Loved them maybe past the point you should have? Or felt like they contributed more than they actually did?

Fifth starter. While I see the "Perfect" rotations, I can't motivate myself to worry about the 5th slot in the rotation. I'm going to trot out Roy Halladay, and continue to never look back. Come playoff time, I'm only starting 4 pitchers, 3 if I can get away with it, so I'd rather have the extra points spent someplace that will benefit me on a full time basis. Kind of like the 91 Phil Rizzuto who I love at SS, for 17k, he was a hell of a lot cheaper than Ozzie Smith, he hits lefties, and he fields as well, but I do lose SB....fair trade off in my mind. Same question, any player you end up selling yourself on, so you can spend a little more someplace else?

Perfect league playing for the Wild Card, Iron League excited that '03 Kerry Wood came out and threw a 2 hitter with 15 K's in his first start for me.

Good luck to everyone this season!
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:34 PM   #17
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

So the Muck Rakers defied the odds and finished S20 just good enough to avoid relegation from Perfect. So here goes their 8th straight season playing with the big boys... and this 0-13 start may finally get them booted back to Diamond.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:04 PM   #18
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Is there a 'This Week In Perfect Team' show tonight?
Old 08-12-2019, 08:15 PM   #19
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Is there a 'This Week In Perfect Team' show tonight?
There needs to be....

I kind of laugh, but I've been on the forums since they moved to these forums, so 18-19 years, and you can see from my post count, I've never really been active or engaged, I just played to play. This year is the first time that I've jumped into PT, and I'm fascinated not only by it, but by coming here, and reading the weekly threads, and seeing people talk about their teams, and that engagement has been awesome. No idea why, but I enjoy reading about how people's seasons are playing out, and that whole stream of consciousness type of thinking as it happens.

I've never played online either, and I've always wanted to, kind of that ultimate experience of playing, and after doing PT, I think that's the next step for me. Keep the updates coming! I, at least, truly enjoy reading them.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:37 PM   #20
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Well hey, I checked on my Silver team, and the next game update brought a present!
Attached Images