Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Schedule not generated for Short Season A-Team

For the second straight year, the game didn't do an auto-generate schedule for my Short Season-A team the Eugene Emeralds. Seems that whole league has a blank schedule and I can't figure out why?

Anything in the league set-up that I should look for?
martyjay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjay75 View Post
For the second straight year, the game didn't do an auto-generate schedule for my Short Season-A team the Eugene Emeralds. Seems that whole league has a blank schedule and I can't figure out why?

Anything in the league set-up that I should look for?
There pre season starts later than the others so it gets generated/imported later than one would normally think. Can't remember exactly when, but I think it around the middle of may first of june when there preseason starts. What date did you check? I did the schedules so I know they work or did before I sent them to Markus. The only one missing is the AZL as it's not out yet.
So unless you changed the structure or something it should import. Just not when one thinks it should.
Can you at least manually import one?

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-06-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

I checked the calendar for the whole year. All my other teams, including Rookie ball which also starts after the draft, had schedules generated automatically. My short season-A team in the Northwest League is the only one that doesn't. Did the same thing last year in OOTP12. I think it might have something to do with me messing with one of the teams in that league. I changed the location to match a move in real life MiLB, so, I think the problem lies there. I just can't remember which team I messed with.

As for importing? I'm not sure if that was/is an option. I just looked online and re-created the Northwest League's schedule for 2012. Since there are only 8-teams and basically 2.5 months of a season, it didn't really take that long.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Have no clue why yours didn't load. Just checked mine and it loaded perfectly. Maybe my game is different than yours. Mine is a new 1012 league. I wonder if yours might be the MLB 2012 quickstart? Maybe it has a structure problem. Sometimes if you change anything with teams you need to reload the schedule, but the game should tell you.
Anyway, rest assured that the schedule is 100% correct.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Rookie Teams home page stuck in the past

Yet another strange thing for my minor league teams. My rookieball team's home page seems frozen with last year's standings/stats. It's season began in mid-June right after the draft. They've only played 25 or so games so far (my season is in mid-July after the All-Star Break) yet my home page says the team is 25-50 and in last place.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjay75 View Post
I checked the calendar for the whole year. All my other teams, including Rookie ball which also starts after the draft, had schedules generated automatically. My short season-A team in the Northwest League is the only one that doesn't. Did the same thing last year in OOTP12. I think it might have something to do with me messing with one of the teams in that league. I changed the location to match a move in real life MiLB, so, I think the problem lies there. I just can't remember which team I messed with.

As for importing? I'm not sure if that was/is an option. I just looked online and re-created the Northwest League's schedule for 2012. Since there are only 8-teams and basically 2.5 months of a season, it didn't really take that long.
Anytime you modify league structure, including team moves, you must generate a new schedule yourself. The AI will not do this for you.

For your Short Season A you should go to league setup (for that league, not your ML league) and generate a new schedule. This can only be done during pre-season.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Have no clue why yours didn't load. Just checked mine and it loaded perfectly. Maybe my game is different than yours. Mine is a new 1012 league. I wonder if yours might be the MLB 2012 quickstart? Maybe it has a structure problem. Sometimes if you change anything with teams you need to reload the schedule, but the game should tell you.
Anyway, rest assured that the schedule is 100% correct.
Holy Smokes! It sounds like your 1012 league is filled with guys wearing robes and sandals, and wielding spears. The dugouts are clay built with thatch roofs and the mascots are camels.

On a more serious note, would there be a way for the feller to check the database for team info changes?
thevaliantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx View Post
Holy Smokes! It sounds like your 1012 league is filled with guys wearing robes and sandals, and wielding spears. The dugouts are clay built with thatch roofs and the mascots are camels.

On a more serious note, would there be a way for the feller to check the database for team info changes?
Yep slight typo. I do that a lot. I'm not quite sure on what you mean by checking the database for team info changes. What kind of changes are you talking about??
Normally the only changes that affect schedules are ones you make to the league structure such as add/remove/move, rename and such. You then need to regenerate the league schedule to reflect such changes.
The other instance I think is if you have league evolution enabled, but you should get a notice anytime there are changes. If you do get notification then it's a good idea to make sure you have a correct schedule loaded before the season starts for that league.
This is the best info I can give without knowing specifecally what you'd be looking for.

Last edited by Bigrod; 07-06-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Starting Year 4 of Padres franchise

Well, I managed to sneak into the playoffs with my Padres for the first time in my 2012 season (been playing it since 2010). But I was thrown a curve at the end of 2012 after getting eliminated in the Divisional Series by eventual World Series champs, the Colorado Rockies. Turns out my league spontaneously decided to expand to Austin and Charlotte adding 2 teams to the American League and thwarting my plans to move Houston from the N.L. Central to the A.L. West.

So I decided to roll with this, let the league expand and keep Houston where they were. The only bother is finding good unis/logos to round out the expansion teams and all their minor league affiliates. Then January 2013 rolls around and, I guess because of the mess of expansion, the only 2013 schedules to generate was for the Padres and their AA-affiliate San Antonio. The other odd thing that I noticed was that the MLB schedule didn't include any interleague games.

So, I'm guessing I wait until the pre-season and generate schedules for my "blank scheduled" affiliates? Can I regenerate a MLB schedule to include interleague? How do I fix league set-ups to once again get the computer to self-generate next years' schedules along with all my other affiliates?