Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 03-12-2008, 03:30 PM   #41
snnort
Minors (Triple A)

Getch... I asked something like this on our league forum (OTM) but thought I'd put it in simpler terms and for more to see (since it may take a group effort to figure)...

My question is, on the next patch of OOTPOU how hard would it be to input the so-called Smyth/Patriot method (aka Pythagenpat ) of X=((rs+ra)/g)^.285 into the "Pythagorean Exponent" field in OOTPOU for the Playoff Odds Report?
snnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:12 PM   #42
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

I found out about this yesterday, and my owners seem very interested in using them. However... I seem to have a problem setting it up. I followed the readme instructions, and didn't find the issue I was am running into in the file.

I created a csv subdirectory in cgi-bin, and filled in the box to point there. The csv files are there, yet when I click on "save", it prompts me to select a manager from a dropdown list. The problem is, the list is empty. If I try to reload the page, I get something blank. I have to delete setup.txt and try again, but I keep running into the problem. I thought perhaps accents in csv files were throwing it off, so I removed them, but I still get the same mistake.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #43
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long_Long_Name View Post
I found out about this yesterday, and my owners seem very interested in using them. However... I seem to have a problem setting it up. I followed the readme instructions, and didn't find the issue I was am running into in the file.

I created a csv subdirectory in cgi-bin, and filled in the box to point there. The csv files are there, yet when I click on "save", it prompts me to select a manager from a dropdown list. The problem is, the list is empty. If I try to reload the page, I get something blank. I have to delete setup.txt and try again, but I keep running into the problem. I thought perhaps accents in csv files were throwing it off, so I removed them, but I still get the same mistake.
What is your listing for CGI Folder and CSV directory on server. This is what they should read:

CGI Folder: cgi-bin
CSV directory on server: csv
Old 03-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #44
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomamon View Post
What is your listing for CGI Folder and CSV directory on server. This is what they should read:

CGI Folder: cgi-bin
CSV directory on server: csv
Indeed, that is what I wrote. I also put ".." for the html root, for what it's worth. I can get through the first step with the first three fields fine, getting the stylesheet to work.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #45
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Indeed, that is what I wrote. I also put ".." for the html root, for what it's worth. I can get through the first step with the first three fields fine, getting the stylesheet to work.
I am not sure what you mean, but I will do a screen shot of how my setup looks.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #46
thomamon
Global Moderator

See if this helps at all, this is how the settings should look.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:50 PM   #47
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Ok, so here is what I did:

1. I copied all files and folders in the zip file to my cgi-bin directory.
2. I changed the permissions for the ootpou.pl file.
3. I uploaded my csv files to cgi-bin/csv
4. I changed the ootpou.pl path to the right perl location.
5. I filled in all the fields, and end up with this:
Attached Images
Old 03-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #48
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Also, if I try to click "save" again, I get this screen. The only way I found to reset it is to delete setup.txt and start again, although... well, it hasn't done any good so far .
Attached Images
Old 03-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #49
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Ok, so here is what I did:

1. I copied all files and folders in the zip file to my cgi-bin directory.
2. I changed the permissions for the ootpou.pl file.
3. I uploaded my csv files to cgi-bin/csv
4. I changed the ootpou.pl path to the right perl location.
5. I filled in all the fields, and end up with this:
You have the HTML root entirely wrong, you can't put .. You have to list it like in mine.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:07 PM   #50
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You have the HTML root entirely wrong, you can't put .. You have to list it like in mine.
Well, I took it from the readme file, which says "If your CGI Folder field is "cgi-bin", you should be able to just enter in ".." as well."

I've tried a few other paths that seemed logical, but they didn't work. I'll further investigate. Thanks for your time .
Old 03-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #51
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Well, I took it from the readme file, which says "If your CGI Folder field is "cgi-bin", you should be able to just enter in ".." as well."

I've tried a few other paths that seemed logical, but they didn't work. I'll further investigate. Thanks for your time .
OK, Maybe I am wrong. Getch is the expert, and he seems to be MIA tonight. He has 8 minutes to make his pick in the APBL and he hasn't done it yet.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #52
thomamon
Global Moderator

Double check your chmod is set exactly the way its requested. I thought I had mine right, and it did something similar.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #53
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, Maybe I am wrong. Getch is the expert, and he seems to be MIA tonight. He has 8 minutes to make his pick in the APBL and he hasn't done it yet.
Oh, it doesn't matter, nothing actually happens when the clock winds down to zero .

I tried inserting the actual html root (which, in Powweb's and thus my case, is "htdocs"), and I have identical results, unfortunately.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #54
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Double check your chmod is set exactly the way its requested. I thought I had mine right, and it did something similar.
For some reason, it had changed to 750, so I changed it back to 755 (which, funnily, was also the number of views of this thread before I posted this ). In any case, I get the same problem, sadly. I only have to chmod the ootpou.pl file, right? There's no other mention of other folders or files in the readme.

In other news, I found conflicting data concerning my Perl path. I had written /usr/bin/perl thanks to a Powweb message board post, but the official Powweb help section has it as /usr/local/bin/perl. However, changing this didn't solve my problem. It did reset permission to 750 (a-ha!), but changing it to 755 didn't help any either.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #55
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
For some reason, it had changed to 750, so I changed it back to 755 (which, funnily, was also the number of views of this thread before I posted this ). In any case, I get the same problem, sadly. I only have to chmod the ootpou.pl file, right? There's no other mention of other folders or files in the readme.

In other news, I found conflicting data concerning my Perl path. I had written /usr/bin/perl thanks to a Powweb message board post, but the official Powweb help section has it as /usr/local/bin/perl. However, changing this didn't solve my problem. It did reset permission to 750 (a-ha!), but changing it to 755 didn't help any either.
For some reason it doesn't sound like your chmod is taking? Anyway, I thought you had to chmod the entire OOTPOU directory, thats what I did. Try that.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #56
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For some reason it doesn't sound like your chmod is taking? Anyway, I thought you had to chmod the entire OOTPOU directory, thats what I did. Try that.
I chmod the directory, and all the files in it. No change .
Old 03-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #57
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
I chmod the directory, and all the files in it. No change .
I use Powweb as well and your settings are all correct. There are 18 csv files that you need to upload. It looks like some info is missing or you don't have all of them uploaded.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:55 AM   #58
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:

ootpou.pl checks to see if the csv directory is valid by looking for leagues.csv in that directory, and if it finds it, it'll enable the login mechanism and force you to log in. So, your setup.txt is fine. You're probably missing some .csv files, most notably, human_managers.csv or teams.csv. Make sure they exist.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:56 AM   #59
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by snnort View Post
Getch... I asked something like this on our league forum (OTM) but thought I'd put it in simpler terms and for more to see (since it may take a group effort to figure)...

My question is, on the next patch of OOTPOU how hard would it be to input the so-called Smyth/Patriot method (aka Pythagenpat ) of X=((rs+ra)/g)^.285 into the "Pythagorean Exponent" field in OOTPOU for the Playoff Odds Report?
I didn't do that particular utility, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard. Is that a better formula? I notice that the playoff odds report is way off early in the season.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #60
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Getch and sporr.

I did indeed check that they all existed, because it was included in the readme file, and they do. I even tried to regenerate and reupload them, to no avail. It's quite puzzling. Perhaps I don't have the right method of generating these files? I went in "league setup/importexport/export data to csv files". I have the mac version, if that's relevant.

human_managers.csv
leagues.csv
teams.csv

These file are all in my csv folder.