Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2013, 04:15 AM   #1
duari91
Bat Boy

Player Contracts/Personality

Started my first season as the Anaheim Ducks, and boy have I run into some real issues.

First of all, their are some players on my team requesting some outrageous contracts. Saku Koivu wants 6.5 million, and Teemu wants around 7.5 million. I mean, I wouldn't have an issue paying them this much....if they were 15 years younger lol. They may have the skill level, but I think age needs to be factored in. I mean, a player who is that old cannot realistically request a contract like that...ever.

Secondly, I have noticed a common thread among my team. No one wan't to negotiate for contract extensions! 75% of my players who are coming up to the free agency want to "test the market." I mean, it's understandable that some players will wan't a change of scenery. However; Players like Ryan Getzlaf (who has become nearly a permanent fixture in Anaheim for his entire career), should not be requesting to leave. Regardless, you should be able to persuade these players to move back to contract negotiations. Realistically, no player is going to hold onto that position for an entire season. Let's say you make a serious playoff run (or even win the cup), don't you think those players would reconsider their decision to leave?

Just thought I would bring these things to attention. I am sure these will be quickly, and easily fixed.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

I also noticed that some older players, Manny Malhotra for example would not accept anything less than a 4 year deal.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
batdad
Minors (Single A)

In real life has Ryan Getzlaf signed an extension? No he has not, and I believe he is due to be UFA. Corey Perry?I realize that it appears the contract stuff is not working yet in FHM. But really...Getz not signing an extension is not really surprising considering he is rumoured to be looking in real life.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
duari91
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdad View Post
In real life has Ryan Getzlaf signed an extension? No he has not, and I believe he is due to be UFA. Corey Perry?I realize that it appears the contract stuff is not working yet in FHM. But really...Getz not signing an extension is not really surprising considering he is rumoured to be looking in real life.
Getz came out to the media and said that he want's to stay, so did Perry. Getzlaf just built a family in Anaheim, and Perry is in progress. There is always a chance one will walk, however; On a team that is on fire, that just won the cup on 2007, and that nearly always makes the playoffs, it makes no sense to say they are unhappy and will walk. Especially when they are buying houses, getting married, and having children down here.

Maybe an additional reputation variable should be considered. The longer the player is with the team, the more he is willing to stay, and the more he is willing to discount off of his contract.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
Argamas
Bat Boy

I saw a player was unhappy, but I couldn't find the reason why (there also seemed no reason).

Does anybody know if there is ingame feedback?