Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-27-2019, 07:19 PM   #21
Izz
Hall Of Famer

I've picked up a couple decent deals over the last twenty-four hours. One I paid more than last 5 but only by a few hundred PP, and the other I got for less than last 5 at BIN price.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 02:07 PM   #22
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

So again last night a super mega whale must have dumped his reserve roster into the AH at min bid. They ended at 6am EST so there were a few deals to be had, but seems otherwise people posting diamonds and perfects think 20k over last 5 is a reasonable start and up from there for buy now. And none are selling so it isn't working. Frustrating. Even common cards are suddenly worth way more than last 5?

I guess with few exceptions teams will stay status quo for now.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 02:46 PM   #23
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

Seems like a number of the cards are getting bought up by one or more wannabe gougers who then repost for double last 5.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 02:59 PM   #24
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

I stopped paying attention to 19 because I am unable to find upgrades anymore on the AH.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:40 PM   #25
dodger300
Minors (Triple A)

I just open packs now.
dodger300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:20 PM   #26
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

My favorite is the guy listing a Mookie Betts at 50,000 with a 120,000 buy now when there's three other Betts there with buy now way less than his starting bid, and the last 5 is at 30,000.

I'm sure there's other doozies.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:48 PM   #27
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
So again last night a super mega whale must have dumped his reserve roster into the AH at min bid. They ended at 6am EST so there were a few deals to be had, but seems otherwise people posting diamonds and perfects think 20k over last 5 is a reasonable start and up from there for buy now. And none are selling so it isn't working. Frustrating. Even common cards are suddenly worth way more than last 5?

I guess with few exceptions teams will stay status quo for now.
Wish I had more PP on hand for that bonanza. I did need to upgrade in the outfield, so I opted for the 1987 Gwynn, which cost me a cool 19k.
W0rmzbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:15 PM   #28
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger300 View Post
I just open packs now.
So maybe this is the cycle for OOTP. The game launches and starts pack heavy, transitions to an AH game a few weeks after launch as prices are set and key players are identified, and then goes back to being more of a pack opening strategy once the next year version is launched and the AH dries up.

Opening packs as a strategy to improve a higher level team seems like a likely exercise in frustration, but I may not have any choice as I am struggling to find targeted players on the AH at any price.
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:17 PM   #29
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Yeah... I have a little loose change burning a hole in my pocket too right now and could always tweak the roster a little, but I'm not willing to (way, way) overpay for something that may or may not be an improvement.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:09 AM   #30
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzery View Post
So maybe this is the cycle for OOTP. The game launches and starts pack heavy, transitions to an AH game a few weeks after launch as prices are set and key players are identified, and then goes back to being more of a pack opening strategy once the next year version is launched and the AH dries up.

Opening packs as a strategy to improve a higher level team seems like a likely exercise in frustration, but I may not have any choice as I am struggling to find targeted players on the AH at any price.
I hope this is being done by just a few random jerks, rather than a strategy to kill PT1 prematurely
Old 04-02-2019, 01:06 AM   #31
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Someone just bid 50,000pp for Betts on that one with a buy now at 120,000. Meanwhile there's one available for 30,000pp with a buy now at 50,000. Even 50,000 is way over last 5, but at least you GET the card instead of waiting for a few hours. I don't understand the AH anymore.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:52 AM   #32
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
Someone just bid 50,000pp for Betts on that one with a buy now at 120,000. Meanwhile there's one available for 30,000pp with a buy now at 50,000. Even 50,000 is way over last 5, but at least you GET the card instead of waiting for a few hours. I don't understand the AH anymore.
Looks like pp funneling
Old 04-02-2019, 09:45 AM   #33
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

the 50K buy it now came onto market way after the first one was already bid for. could just be a misclicked bid, someone who doesn't really care anymore, maybe illegal point funneling, either way the AH for 19 is dead. there is less than a page of 90+ players whenever I check, 5-10 that arent useless live ones, and 1 of those if you're lucky is not at 2x avg price.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #34
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
the 50K buy it now came onto market way after the first one was already bid for. could just be a misclicked bid, someone who doesn't really care anymore, maybe illegal point funneling, either way the AH for 19 is dead. there is less than a page of 90+ players whenever I check, 5-10 that arent useless live ones, and 1 of those if you're lucky is not at 2x avg price.
Just goes to prove that the fuel for this game is people buying points and opening packs. FTP players don’t open enough packs through achievement points to drive the game.

When the whales are active and aggressively trying to upgrade their teams, there is a consistent flow of players hitting the AH. When that ends, the amount of desirable players available on the AH slows dramatically, as we have seen in just two weeks since PT 20 launched.

I sort of expected it, but the speed that it happened surprised me. PT19 can still be fun, but it will be more about management of your existing roster than the constant improvement cycle.
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:08 PM   #35
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzery View Post
Just goes to prove that the fuel for this game is people buying points and opening packs. FTP players don’t open enough packs through achievement points to drive the game.
All of the people that want a separate league for players that don’t spend money should take note of this situation.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:21 PM   #36
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
All of the people that want a separate league for players that don’t spend money should take note of this situation.
Right now I'd be happy with a league for players that are still active in PT1.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:24 AM   #37
joehart
All Star Starter

Given that we have many more month of playtime, I wonder how long it takes before the AH in PT20 also sees a slowdown and fewer whales open packs or sell cards.

I fear once you have sufficient top pitchers and players there is no real need to upgrade any further.

Maybe this is something to consider for PT21. It may be necessary to hold back a larger number of top cards until later in the year to drive big buyers to return and buy more packs.

I wish there was an easy way to export the AH data and track weekly changes.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:17 PM   #38
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

If a team is set to AI controlled, will the AI bid on cards in the AH?
Old 04-03-2019, 09:16 PM   #39
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnerdoubleday View Post
If a team is set to AI controlled, will the AI bid on cards in the AH?
No.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #40
daves
Hall Of Famer

How long of inactivity until the AI takes your team over regarding lineup and rotation?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote