Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Unable to send players to minors

I am playing a historical sim and went through the 1974 draft which contained a lot of talent because of age eligibility changes. What I've found though is that I cannot send players I signed in that draft to the minors.

If I try to send them down I get a message that the player is too young. Ok, when I check the minor league rules it does say that a player has to be at least 20. This seems like it may be a bit if a bug in that I'd expect that whatever the draft age is the minor league would allow you to send drafted players to it.

I wound up having to trade a number of players I drafted just to clear roster space. This triggered a bug that I think you are aware of and I saw in another thread that when I did that the players became free agents rather than staying with the team I traded them to.

So, after playing with these players on my roster one of them (Mike Liut) finally turned 20, so I went to send him to the minors to open a roster spot, but I got a message that I already have 0 overage players on the minor league roster. So, at 19 the player is too young to send down and at 20 he is too old? Except that doesn't seem to really be the issue since I tried to see if I could send another veteran player down and that was allowed. It seems like there is some issue with the players from that '74 entry draft where the age was lowered to 18 for a year that is preventing them from being handled like other players.

I've uploaded a save called ks_cant send players down.zip. Would love to know if this is something that you can tweak in the .dat files. Note that in the save the date is Jan 5 and Liut's 20th birthday is Jan 7, so you can see the too young/too old transition.

Thanks,
Kirk
kstepanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:56 PM   #2
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Well, I continued playing and at the flip of the new league year to 76-77 I was able to send both Liut and Federko down the minors.
kstepanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:52 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Looks like it's a data issue, there are a few years in the 70's where the minimum minor league age is set to 20 instead of 18. Not sure how that happened, but I'll get it changed.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote